OT: World Cup thread

ATLien12x

11 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

And still pissed the missed the WC…AFTER winning the Euro!😳🤬🤬🤬🤬

They’ll be back.  

Have you followed Juventus club?  Their board resigned the other day. 

Poland’s goalie plays for them.  

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/30/juventus-in-turmoil-as-sudden-andrea-agnelli-departure-marks-end-of-an-era

39 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

They’ll be back.  

Have you followed Juventus club?  Their board resigned the other day. 

Poland’s goalie plays for them.  

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/30/juventus-in-turmoil-as-sudden-andrea-agnelli-departure-marks-end-of-an-era

TBH I don’t follow any club anywhere…just get really into the WC and Euros. Grew up watching The Azzurri with my pops and he coached me in soccer during grade school.  He passed in 2005 then in 2006 they win…very happy 🙂yet sad as well 😢.  1982 was special!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

TBH I don’t follow any club anywhere…just get really into the WC and Euros. Grew up watching The Azzurri with my pops and he coached me in soccer during grade school.  He passed in 2005 then in 2006 they win…very happy 🙂yet sad as well 😢.  1982 was special!

Great history for Italian soccer and I dig the Dad angle.  👍🏻   

I remember watching Giorgio Chinaglia with the Cosmos as a young lad into my teens.  He was a scoring machine and had a tough guy style on the pitch.  You would have loved watching him play.   Edit.  You’re my age bracket.  I misread.  I’m sure your Dad mentioned his name to you perhaps?  

22 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Great history for Italian soccer and I dig the Dad angle.  👍🏻   

I remember watching Giorgio Chinaglia with the Cosmos as a young lad into my teens.  He was a scoring machine and had a tough guy style on the pitch.  You would have loved watching him play.   Edit.  You’re my age bracket.  I misread.  I’m sure your Dad mentioned his name to you perhaps?  

Absolutely…we were Cosmos fans…I attended Werner Roth soccer camp for 4 years!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, RedZone said:

.....a more amusing conversation then.

Go USA though!

Let's soccer those guys...

They’ll be 5 FHSAA state football finals at this stadium in Fort Lauderdale.  Soccer influenced :) 

2M, 3M, 4M, 3S and 4S

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DRV_PNK_Stadium

https://www.intermiamicf.com/club/facilities/drive-pink-stadium

33 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Belgium-Croatia was an awful game.  Belgium needing to score and they put no effort into pressuring Croatia. Both teams are old and one has to advance and be the sacrificial lamb for Spain

Reminds me of Argentina-Poland yesterday.  Poland was at the mercy of others as they weren’t scoring.  
Just passing the midfield line with possession was a rarity.  

The final matches should be interesting. Germany can advance multiple ways.  

13 hours ago, Bormio said:

Nope - it was North Macedonia.  Imagine the beating they would have taken if Macedonia had a combined squad

Was the Italy squad even whole.  Sometimes these qualy games are so spread apart that guys miss games.     Yeah definitely weird Italy didn't make it bc they were playing really well.   

• Like 1

Japan picks up a turnover on a defender after a goal kick and a lefty blast goes off the Spanish goalie's hands and into the net for the equalizer.   Soon after, Japan almost scored again!  Insane.  Now refs having a look and VAR now.   WOW.  2-1 Japan.  53rd min.   Great effort Japan on that 2nd goal, keeping the ball off the end line.