OT: World Cup thread

ATLien12x

Last week one of my co-workers revealed that their family grew up playing soccer on Thanksgiving instead of football. I apparently did not mask my contempt well enough as another co-worker who happens to be a soccer mom took exception.

Work environment might be awkward for a bit, but my integrity is still in tact.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

For those who just want to see the Fox soccer host Kate Abdo…  what a beautiful and intelligent woman.  

@DevilDogif this link doesn’t work for you and others, just google her.  It’s worth it.  She’ll be around for the pre and post game shows throughout the WC.  For once, thank you Fox!  :) 

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRQt8EVJ/

DAYUUUUUM!😍

6 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

How do they determine which countries are in which groups? Thx

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/soccer/2022-fifa-world-cup-draw-how-does-it-work

Open book quiz Friday :) 

there’s always one group of death determined each WC.  Haven’t looked to which of 8 is the consensus winner this go around.   It’s not the USA group.  Wales is not elite and clearly neither is USA a full game… yet? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FreeBird said:

He owes me for not dunking on him in the hallways In school, I think we won two games in soccer that year, maybe just one, how he’s in the pros is mind boggling 

17C23A8F-2FCC-4642-B3EA-9A8D9A80D2A8.jpeg

C487D72E-53F8-4109-A2F5-D9F6588B7B2B.jpeg

I was gonna play for the USMNT in this World Cup but they moved it to actual football season so I passed. They must’ve called Matt after I turned them down. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

After checking the groups, I vote for Group C as the Group of Death.   I’m biased towards Poland, but even so, with their world ranking along with Argentina and Mexico in their group… that’s nasty.  Poland must perform right away vs Mexico.  

1 hour ago, nptb17 said:

Big upset as Argentina falls to Saudi Arabia.

Wow! 

If Poland and Mexico draw (which I’ll gladly take now as a Poland fan) Argentina would be in the cellar alone after one game.  Crazy.  

Let’s go Polska!  Match starts at the top of the hour.  

• Like 1

Lew will have a go for the lead!  

Lew vs Ochoa 

Save!  Wow (Ochoa stutter stepped right and went left and beauty save off Lew in right corner) 

Lew still invisible on WC stage 

Nearing 60th min  0-0 

Nice header offering by Mexico 63rd minute on the run.  Just not angled enough. 

69th min (just for you @Wooderson 😂

• Haha 1

85th min 0-0.  No call deep near box on take down by Poland.  Was expecting a chance Mexico, but ref waived it off.   88th min.  Glik just nailed in the head.  There will be a good amount of et in this. 

90+7  still thinking of that penalty shot Lew?  Forget it!  Net one!  

Poland’s offense is awful.  Painful to watch.  4 min to go.  Wow a shot on goal by Poland!  I’m in disbelief!  Easy save.   2 min to go.