Bingham vs. No. 13 East, 8/25/17

PrepGridiron

Battle of Utah Powers  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the big showdown on Friday?

• Bingham
    • East

East has made a rapid ascent into the national scene. They challenged Centennial two years ago and surprised many with an upset of De La Salle last year. They move up in class from 4A to 5A looking to take their place as the king of Utah football and validate several top 25 preseason rankings when they take on the incumbent 5A champs. On the other side, Bingham has been synonymous with high school football in Utah and has represented Utah in several postseason classics and against national teams. The game should be a hard hitting affair pitting the upstart versus the big, older brother. How do you have and what are your thoughts on the game?

Rankings from PrepGridiron.com Reader Poll as of 8/23/17.

What's up guys!  I don't recall ever seeing such high profiled match ups on a national scale on one weekend.  Hyped up about all the games this weekend, that's for sure.  

Our game against Bingham is being televised locally (Channel KJZZ).  They will stream the game online as well.  You should be able to find the access the streaming link on the Deseret Newspaper website:  http://www.deseretnews.com/sports/high-school/

Fired up about what I consider to be the most anticipated match up in the history of Utah High School Football. It's an opportunity to legitimize our progression as a program on to the national level, but more importantly, our position as the top program in the state of Utah.   Confident our boys are up to the challenge.

Bingham vs East.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Like 6

Great matchup, I think the Leopards are the new top dog in Utah. Ford is a pretty solid sr. QB who can pass when necessary and run with the ball. And I think Jaylon Vickers with another year under his belt of organized ball playing against his former team will play a big role for the Leopards.  

9 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

"Never been any reason...for you to think about me." - Head East

Perhaps, until now.

Don't know how to add the youtube thing of the song. Good song though, even when I saw Head East play it in basically a large cafeteria when I was in college.

But I'm pulling for Bingham.

Max,

Historically I'd pick Bingham...But after the Leopards rode the bus from Utah to Norcal, took care of business (damnit!), and then got back on the bus for the ride home...I love those guys!  So we are on opposite sides, I'm rooting for East.

Another great game to be excited about.