No. 8 Dematha (MD) @ No. 4 Bishop Gorman (NV), 8/25/17 ESPN

PrepGridiron

Dematha gets shot win streak!  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins on Friday night in the desert?

• Dematha Stags
    • Bishop Gorman Gaels

26 minutes ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

Gotcha. If you want to see him when he came up, Youtube one of his fights from the late 90s. He was just as elusive, but he would pounce on guys and knock them out or get a TKO when he saw an edge. As close to perfect in execution in the sport as it gets.

This isn't 20 years ago.  Hasn't fought in 2 years and last true TKO was like 10 years ago

3 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I was only a preteen in those days and had no interest. I just feel his hype is based off of a period of time that is nearly two decades in the past. The way he fights now is not what the masses want to see for a primetime slot on the fight card.

Add to that, he boasts and showboats as if he is a true fighter, which he is not. Especially his joking on Conor losing three fights knowing good and well he would be TKO'd or forced into submission by some amateurs in the octagon.

I understand why people don't like his fighting style now. But when he was at his best, there were few in the history of the sport who could do it like he could. And you're comparing two different sports in your second paragraph. They're not the same thing.

3 minutes ago, Gridiron Godfather said:

This isn't 20 years ago.  Hasn't fought in 2 years and last true TKO was like 10 years ago

I'm aware of that. I was just addressing the fact that he wasn't always this type of boxer. I mean, obviously he doesn't fight the same way. He's 40.

2 minutes ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

I understand why people don't like his fighting style now. But when he was at his best, there were few in the history of the sport who could do it like he could. And you're comparing two different sports in your second paragraph. They're not the same thing.

I'm aware of that. I was just addressing the fact that he wasn't always this type of boxer. I mean, obviously he doesn't fight the same way. He's 40.

Got ya.  No one has beat him & got to give him credit for that even if I'm not a fan

• Like 1

Just now, Gridiron Godfather said:

I have the Hearns/Hagler fight program framed on my wall.  And the Gotti/Ward trilogy is a favorite DVD of mine.  Not to mention all the Iron Mike fights.  But really once UFC began, I flipped over almost 100%. 

I think I've watched that fight a million times. Hagler is from Brockton, as you know, and I know a lot of people from there.

UFC obviously has its act together way more than boxing now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, legendsofthefall said:

Mayweather said this fight is going to be the anti-Pacquiao. He said he's going to mix it up instead of just dancing. Remains to be seen. Another possibility is the fight is rigged and they have McGregor winning to force the rematch. Floyd is all about his $$. Wouldn't put it past him.

I'd be surprised, like you. He'll say anything to sell a fight.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gridiron Godfather said:

He shouldn't, but that's why I'm getting 5 1/2 times odds.  Im a huge Conor fan and hope it's an entertaining fight & not just Mayweather running around all night.  McGregor has nothing to lose & I'd expect him to come out firing and throwing everything in the first 4-5 rounds.  Maybe he catches Mayweather being cocky and finishes him up.  Then the rematch conspiracy talk can start & both will stand to make even more $

Wishful thinking.