No. 8 Dematha (MD) @ No. 4 Bishop Gorman (NV), 8/25/17 ESPN

PrepGridiron

Dematha gets shot win streak!  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins on Friday night in the desert?

• Dematha Stags
    • Bishop Gorman Gaels

Several comments about last night's game:

When Marshawn Lloyd (broken wrist) left the game in the second quarter DeMatha was ahead 10-0.  DeMatha still led until 30 seconds were left in the third quarter.  He is a five star and the #1 ranked rb in the country for 2020.

Total yards were 351 for BG and 298 for DeMatha.  (source: USA Today)

The 12 point margin of victory by BG was the smallest by Gorman since 2014 except the 3 OT victory over STA last year who scored 24 points.  DeMatha's 23 points, next to STA, was the most Gorman has allowed since 2014. 

I believe DeMatha has three players who go both ways; I am not sure about Gorman.

It will be interesting to see how Gorman performs against Mater Dei next week.  I thought Gorman's qb was extraordinary.  He was 19-25 for 284 yards and responsible for all five touchdowns.  Tyler Lenhart of DeMatha was 11 for 23 for 235 with two tds and two interceptions. (USA Today).  DeMatha's national excellence will, in large part, be defined by Gorman's success this season.  Last night only St. Thomas Aquinas has had a better performance than DeMatha against Bishop Gorman since 2014.

• Thanks 1