No. 8 Dematha (MD) @ No. 4 Bishop Gorman (NV), 8/25/17 ESPN

PrepGridiron

Dematha gets shot win streak!  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins on Friday night in the desert?

• Dematha Stags
    • Bishop Gorman Gaels

6 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Can anyone tell me the last time DeMatha played a top tier team close?

Too many drops by the WRs.... 

huge play was dematha wr dropping out route on 3rd down in BG territory up 4 points. Dematha punted. 

Cornell qb commit wasn't that accurate at times. 

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Beat both MC (Top 15) and AHP (Top 100) in 2015....

Miami Central was overranked that year.

They even dropped a game to Carol City

We all seen how poor they were offensively that year. Very lucky that they didn't have to play STA or they wouldn't have had a Championship in 2015

13 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Too many drops by the WRs.... 

huge play was dematha wr dropping out route on 3rd down in BG territory up 4 points. Dematha punted. 

Cornell qb commit wasn't that accurate at times. 

I totally agree.

Tyler Lenhart may end up going to Harvard (serious!).  He was quoted on a local television station Tuesday that Harvard was seriously pursuing him.  Regardless he did well considering his lack of experience-perhaps extraordinarily well considering this was against Bishop Gorman.  As you note there were several passes overthrown and a couple of others dropped.

DeMatha was ahead 17-13 with two minutes left in the third quarter but, honestly, I felt the difference in the final score was about right:  Gorman seemed ten points better.  At least with the sophomore running back out for the entire second half.  (He really may be the best in America; an incredible loss.  And, my sincere sympathy to him.)

Having said all this, if this game helps Tyler Lenhart with Harvard and offsets all or part of his room and board then, loud applause!

I was proud of DeMatha tonight.  It could have been closer but Gorman and its qb was better.

• Like 1

If Im harvard I'm not that impressed to be honest with this tape. 

Cornell is the easiest Ivy to get into so big jump from getting admitted to Harvard versus Cornell. 

Cornell could take guys with low 1,000 on sat .... Harvard can't sniff you if you don't get 1200 at least. 

Plus even if you get above 1200 they would have to use one of their low band spots on you. That qb not good enough to justify  using low band on.... but that's just one guy's opinion. 

If he's medium or high band (esp high) maybe they take him with his 4.2 gpa I think they said. 

Tim Murphy is   a corky fella. 

2 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

If Im harvard I'm not that impressed to be honest with this tape. 

Cornell is the easiest Ivy to get into so big jump from getting admitted to Harvard versus Cornell. 

Cornell could take guys with low 1,000 on sat .... Harvard can't sniff you if you don't get 1200 at least. 

Plus even if you get above 1200 they would have to use one of their low band spots on you. That qb not good enough to justify  using low band on.... but that's just one guy's opinion. 

If he's medium or high band (esp high) maybe they take him with his 4.2 gpa I think they said. 

Tim Murphy is   a corky fella. 

Now I know why I didn't get into an Ivy.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Plus Harvard just got a commitment from former DBP/BC and now Hun 2018 QB, Pat Holly. 

Malik Zaire should be qb at Harvard this year. Got admitted from Notre Dame as transfer (not easy to do) .... goes to Florida instead. He's in a 3 way battle in gainesville and prob won't be the guy there. 

Dumb.