Centennial 20 vs IMG 33 4th Qtr

NotBigdaddybloom

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

From 24-17 on (Bama game) I'm gonna try and go back and see the first half. But the second half was not hard in determining who was the better team - 

Not disputing IMG was the better team especially after McKee was hurt.The score was 26-20 with 7 minutes left in the game.Cent10 played more than half the game with a kid who hadn't practiced one day at QB this year.

Arturo hasn’t taken a snap since … probably last season,” Logan said. “He stepped in a tough spot and really help keep the offense together.”

i believe McKee would have made a huge difference.Would they have won ? I don't know but I think the game could have come down to the end like last year.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Not disputing IMG was the better team especially after McKee was hurt.The score was 26-20 with 7 minutes left in the game.Cent10 played more than half the game with a kid who hadn't practiced one day at QB this year.

Arturo hasn’t taken a snap since … probably last season,” Logan said. “He stepped in a tough spot and really help keep the offense together.”

i believe McKee would have made a huge difference.Would they have won ? I don't know but I think the game could have come down to the end like last year.

Yeah I did see Cen10 kick that field goal- most impressive thing I saw all Saturday   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Did you fellas watch the game?

From the halfway point in the 2nd until about 3 minutes left in the game.

Cen10 tried, but in reality the game played out like nearly every IMG game ever. IMG stopped themselves as much as the Cen10 defense.

I like the two backs for Cen10 though. Thanks to those guys, and a barely above average DC for IMG, this wasn't a bigger, bloodier black eye to the beach boy state. IMG tried their hardest to let Cen10 take this game.

40 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

If tanner didn't get hurt cc prob would of won. IMG very beatable this year because their offense very pedestrian. Qb play big downgrade from last 3 years and have no running game. When you resort to countless wr screens that are in a sense extended run plays you have a problem. 

Man, it seems we say the same thing each year. The offense looks bad. 

The truth: The offense is not flashy. It doesn't have to be, because they have so much talent everywhere that they will find a hole, they will out jump you on the jump ball, they will break a run, the offensive line will grind you down. etc. etc. 

The defense is big and nasty. They will get to your qb. They will pound and punish your qb, qbs in this case. 

I have said this season already that they play to your level, which hasn't proven to be pretty, and isn't what some expect from a team full of monsters that spend the first half of every day footballin' and only 4 and a half hours a day schoolin'. The offensive coordinator over there at IMG is just clownin' on every team they play. You say they're in trouble because they resort to screens and dink and dunk stuff, I say, they're quite likely giving you a break and a chance. 

The Centennial defense was better than I expected last night. They came in with a great game plan and their blitz did keep IMG off balance. This game could have ended just like last season, but, IMG is monsters and they punish your qb(s) and last night they succumbed to the punishment. Either way, IMG would have done just enough to win. I think this can be expected when you put a schoolin' first team up against a ballin' first team. IMG is a JoCo, not a high school, and there is reasons why the two are kept separate. 

F&%k IMG. I don't like them, but I do see them. Don't get pissed at me because I see them and you don't. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Well McKee injury he was untouched just a freak ankle twist while running.I think we all were disappointed when that happened because the game was essentially over right then and there.Dont think anyone will deny that the Huskies would have scored more with him at QB the only question is how much more

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Don't get pissed at me because I see them and you don't. 

Lol .... this directed at me!? Who's getting pissed just giving my two cents. 

Img isn't that good offensively this year.... the  Sitkowski kid couldn't hold shea patterson's jock! they have athletes capable of taking it to the house at any time but no drive consistency. Couldn't establish the run against a much smaller front last night. 

Sfa has a great chance to pull the upset next week. 

Just now, Mjd33 said:

Lol .... this directed at me!? Who's getting pissed just giving my two cents. 

Img isn't that good offensively this year.... the  Sitkowski kid couldn't hold shea patterson's jock! they have athletes capable of taking it to the house at any time but no drive consistency. Couldn't establish the run against a much smaller front last night. 

Sfa has a great chance to pull the upset next week. 

Well, technically, the first sentence I posted was in response to the quoted post. I probably should have separated it into two posts, or just not quoted anyone. I think we know who was pissed though.

SFA won't beat them. St. John's won't. Mater Dei wouldn't. 

This is a similar debate to whether the top high school teams would beat the worse JoCo teams or college teams beat the Browns etc. 

Maybe someone will get lucky and get by them. I think Centennial was the best chance at that, just like last season. It takes a brilliantly coached and developed game plan to do what Centennial did last year, and probably could have done this year, but, it would have taken a lot of luck to actually pull it off. 

There is no other offense on the IMG schedule that will push them to score. They'll just creep through just like always. 

5 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

If tanner didn't get hurt cc prob would of won. IMG very beatable this year because their offense very pedestrian. Qb play big downgrade from last 3 years and have no running game. When you resort to countless wr screens that are in a sense extended run plays you have a problem. 

QB is a old bridge NJ kid 

3 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Im guessing that certain individuals east of Alabama breathed a big sigh of relief once McKee went down.  But then had to still sweat it out with CC using their 3 stringer. You can exhale now, boys. 

1st I cant speak for all of us. But I have more class than that. I wouldnt wish an injury on anyone other than tom brady and even then all I want is for him to get turf toe.... 

God Im still waiting in brady to get turf toe... 

28 minutes ago, Texasball said:

IMO - IMG will be as good as they need to be vs anyone they play.

I can't see anyone actually beating them.  They have several more gears in them if really pushed.

Exactly.

Sure Cen10 may have scored more points with McKee in, but IMG would have answered the bell. 

Personally, if I were IMG, I would have gotten under center and just pounded the ball with my  stable of running backs. The Cen10 defense played as good as they could have, but they would have been gassed way sooner after taking 3-4 yard blows each series. With that approach you limit turnovers, rest the defense, wear out the opposing D, and limit the number of offensive plays for Cen10.

Instead, IMG was adamant on throwing the ball out of the shotgun and allowed Cen10 to hang around.

2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Exactly.

Sure Cen10 may have scored more points with McKee in, but IMG would have answered the bell. 

Personally, if I were IMG, I would have gotten under center and just pounded the ball with my  stable of running backs. The Cen10 defense played as good as they could have, but they would have been gassed way sooner after taking 3-4 yard blows each series. With that approach you limit turnovers, rest the defense, wear out the opposing D, and limit the number of offensive plays for Cen10.

Instead, IMG was adamant on throwing the ball out of the shotgun and allowed Cen10 to hang around.

I don't buy this at alll. You do know that IMG couldve/should've legitimately lost this matchup last year? A miracle at the end saved them.  Are you saying that they planned it that way? Are saying that they came into this game after last game thinking ...meh...we'll just do what we have to to eek out a win.  See how ridiculous that sounds.  IMG is obviously good, but this team can be besten. At the end of the day, they are still HS kids. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

From the halfway point in the 2nd until about 3 minutes left in the game.

Cen10 tried, but in reality the game played out like nearly every IMG game ever. IMG stopped themselves as much as the Cen10 defense.

I like the two backs for Cen10 though. Thanks to those guys, and a barely above average DC for IMG, this wasn't a bigger, bloodier black eye to the beach boy state. IMG tried their hardest to let Cen10 take this game.

CC running back Thomas Kinslow #2, was at Mater Dei as Freshmen. He and his twin brother (plays Linebacker) left MD mid summer last season.