Centennial 20 vs IMG 33 4th Qtr

NotBigdaddybloom

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

Seen that game and know they played game without practice time.  I said in another thread they would defend them better this year.  They Did!

Cen10 lost their starting QB in the 1Q. That probably had a lot to do with why they scored fewer points this time than they did last time.

Call me crazy, but the fact that you stated in another thread that IMG would play better defense this time, together with the fact that Cen10 scored fewer points, doesn't show that you have any special insight into whether IMG is beatable. 

8 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Cen10 lost their starting QB in the 1Q. That probably had a lot to do with why they scored fewer points this time than they did last time.

Call me crazy, but the fact that you stated in another thread that IMG would play better defense this time, together with the fact that Cen10 scored fewer points, doesn't show that you have any special insight into whether IMG is beatable. 

Cen10 was going to score less points either way... IMG knew what they were preparing for this time, as theyd played them before already.

They had 0 practice interruptions, hurricanes, etc...

Yes, it hurt Cen10 losing their 1st string QB... but ....yeah, nah.

6 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Cen10 was going to score less points either way... IMG knew what they were preparing for this time, as theyd played them before already.

They had 0 practice interruptions, hurricanes, etc...

Yes, it hurt Cen10 losing their 1st string QB... but ....yeah, nah.

But going back 4 years and using 7 games against SJB and MD as a sample, we get...

SJB 2013: 49-70, -21

SJB 2014: 48-41, +7

SJB 2015: 62-52, +10

SJB 2016: 47-49, -2

MD 2014: 18-38, -20

MD 2014: 27-24, +3

MD 2015: 42-36, +6

So I don't see the pattern of teams doing better defensively or overall against Cen10 after having faced them before and knowing what to expect. 

So I don't think we have any good evidence that IMG would have done better defensively or overall against Cen10 this year if Cen10 had had their QB. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2017 at 2:47 AM, Ararar said:

Yes, he was one of the kids who transferred to Corona HS then got ruled ineligible.Now at a school named Villa Park.Kid was next in line for CC QB but didn't want to wait, only a sophomore to

Man that sucks... we were deprived of a CC legit chance to win the other night :(.   Not really sure why they didn't use #3 before #2 as he looked smoother and seemed like a better athlete.   That pick 6 was just waiting to happen with #2 in there.    CC showed a lot of grit.  Hope McKee returns soon.   

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

But going back 4 years and using 7 games against SJB and MD as a sample, we get...

SJB 2013: 49-70, -21

SJB 2014: 48-41, +7

SJB 2015: 62-52, +10

SJB 2016: 47-49, -2

MD 2014: 18-38, -20

MD 2014: 27-24, +3

MD 2015: 42-36, +6

So I don't see the pattern of teams doing better defensively or overall against Cen10 after having faced them before and knowing what to expect. 

So I don't think we have any good evidence that IMG would have done better defensively or overall against Cen10 this year if Cen10 had had their QB. 

ECH is a BG and IGM fanboy if you haven't noticed that yet.  He has to be after the curbstomping IMG gave Grayson.  He enjoys living vicariously through them.

13 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, we saw GSB account it to the time difference from east to west. I think maybe I was kind of agreeing with him on the inside, because clearly they were outplaying DLS early. 

Now, let's extrapolate that time difference argument and use it in the IMG/Centennial game. Hmm. 

I think, it was depth, conditioning and time difference all combined maybe. 

How do we think IMG would have done if Centennial had come to Florida though? Or if it wasn't on the west coast? Would IMG have been that much fresher? I mean if we agree that was part of the reason that SJC drowned in the deep water anyway. 

Time difference is nonsense -- bad form to even make it an issue

it would be a fraction of "humidity" impact, which most west coast teams experience for first time on east coast trips 

bad form to bring either up really -- it's a given that home teams have an advantage in OOS games no matter where they are -- suggesting east coast teams are more disadvantaged is absurd (besides being contrary to conventional wisdom even about time zone adjustments)

2 hours ago, Pops said:

Time difference is nonsense -- bad form to even make it an issue

it would be a fraction of "humidity" impact, which most west coast teams experience for first time on east coast trips

Just curious if the "time difference" factor was ever brought up by these same people when DLS, SJB or whatever other West Coast program traveled to the East Coast then lost? Or was it just labeled an excuse when mentioned by CA fan??

FWIW, the East Coast teams traveling West actually gain 3 hrs while the West Coast teams traveling East lose 3hrs. And then you add the humidity factor on top of it.

It's like common sense isn't so common....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Just curious if the "time difference" factor was ever brought up by these same people when DLS, SJB or whatever other West Coast program traveled to the East Coast then lost? Or was it just labeled an excuse when mentioned by CA fan??

FWIW, the East Coast teams traveling West actually gain 3 hrs while the West Coast teams traveling East lose 3hrs. And then you add the humidity factor on top of it.

It's like common sense isn't so common....

Except an 8:00 start time out west equates to an 11:00 start time for the beast coasters. That same start time here would feel like 5:00 for the left coasters.

If it has little impact, why did I land in Vegas at 8:30, and felt like I should be getting ready for bed?

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Cuz u a baby?

did u wear ur Jammie's on the plane?

Nah, I had on some spiffy attire and my daincin' shoes. I had to hit the club yo. Without a doubt though, you could tell a notable difference mentally.

On the flip side, I hopped up out of bed bright and early at 5:00 am Vegas time with a massive hangover, flew home, and was wide awake at 2 am.

It's the universe man. Lol

With all of this being said, I don't know believe it solely influences the outcome of a game. I do however find it ridiculous to complete rule the time change as a variable.

23 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Again, IMO IMG can be as good as they need to be.  These kids are not allowed to go thru the motions to improve themselves.  I am pretty sure IMG is hiring quality coaches.  They will likely always have the overall best talent on the field - This is talent that works and every single kid is recruited and they all have the same goal to improve their overall ability to gain next level opportunities.

Personally - I think that every knowledgeable person who understands talent and talent that has purpose - gets these boys are practically unbeatable.  This is the type of talent that when pushed can take it to another level of play!