SJB 21 at SJC 17 (Final)

dntn31

Just now, dntn31 said:

Date/Time: Saturday 9/23 @ 11 AM EDT/2 PM PDT
Video Stream: https://www.flofootball.com ($20/month subscription)
Audio Stream: http://www.spreaker.com/user/sjbbroadcast

SJB is leaving tonight and is taking a private tour of the White House on Friday. (Source)

Pretty cool that SJB is coming east 2x in a season.

• Like 1

Just now, golfaddict1 said:

Indeed.   SJC a good gauge for SJB to prep and review for Mater Dei clash.   This is a cool matchup.  

Some heavyweight matchups with this one and IMG hosting Miami Central.   

Be interesting what SJB thinks of SJC after playing STA here on the east coast. Should be competitive. That Mr. T video from Rocky 3 i think has been used at least 3x already lol. Lots of matchups this year have included pain

I think this may be closer with SJC having 2 weeks to prepare for them and playing at home. Doyle is a solid QB and has some really good receivers. When he has time he's as good as anyone. Will be interesting to see those rcvrs vs SJB's secondary.  SJC's def. will have to step up to keep Mitchell running wild and keeping the RB's Flowers and Holani in check. Both pretty good size backs that pound the rock. 

33 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

I think this may be closer with SJC having 2 weeks to prepare for them and playing at home. Doyle is a solid QB and has some really good receivers. When he has time he's as good as anyone. Will be interesting to see those rcvrs vs SJB's secondary.  SJC's def. will have to step up to keep Mitchell running wild and keeping the RB's Flowers and Holani in check. Both pretty good size backs that pound the rock. 

You are on to it but that's the thing..... sjb might have the best secondary in the country.... and I can't see sjc being able to run the ball on sjb. Sjc strength is passing game which is one of sjb's biggest strengths - defending the pass (not like they have many weaknesses ... if any it's re al inconsistency throwing the ball). I think sjb gets pressure on Doyle gets a few interceptions and pulls away in second half.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

You are on to it but that's the thing..... sjb might have the best secondary in the country.... and I can't see sjc being able to run the ball on sjb. Sjc strength is passing game which is one of sjb's biggest strengths - defending the pass (not like they have many weaknesses ... if any it's re al inconsistency throwing the ball). I think sjb gets pressure on Doyle gets a few interceptions and pulls away in second half.  

Have to see if 2 weeks is enough time for the SJC's coaching staff to find a chink in SJB's armor. From the looks of it their coaches they must have over a hundred yr's experience in coaching. LOL. I agree SJB's secondary is as good as it gets only thing you might see is Woodbey or Blaylock overplaying and trying to go for the pick and getting beat. What SJC must also do is not have any drop off in the 2nd half like they did against DLS. If everyone is healthy I'd take SJC getting 14.5 at home against anyone except maybe IMG or MD..   

25 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Solid take.

28 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

I personally think that would be the line .... no line available on 5 dimes. 

Remember STA got 9 ish ?(granted it was incorrect line)  I think against sjb..... so sjc would get more than STA. 

Hard to give a good line on the first game of the year. STA getting 9-10 was pretty generous. I think they were basing it off of what SJB did at state the year before. Now that each team has played multiple games you can get a pretty good feel for what they're capable of. I don't know if it's just me but I thought Mitchell looked better last year than this year at least so far. 

6 hours ago, dntn31 said:

Date/Time: Saturday 9/23 @ 2 PM EDT/11 AM PDT
Video Stream: https://www.flofootball.com ($20/month subscription)
Audio Stream: http://www.spreaker.com/user/sjbbroadcast

SJB is leaving tonight and is taking a private tour of the White House on Friday. (Source)

Damnit I should have just bought Flofootball before.  

3 hours ago, 1DayPGA said:

Hard to give a good line on the first game of the year. STA getting 9-10 was pretty generous. I think they were basing it off of what SJB did at state the year before. Now that each team has played multiple games you can get a pretty good feel for what they're capable of. I don't know if it's just me but I thought Mitchell looked better last year than this year at least so far. 

Mitchel had more to work with last year.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

Mitchel had more to work with last year.

Their WR's were better overall, but the biggest difference IMO is they don't have a HB with any quickness. Beasley brought that, nobody that SJB is playing brings that. Flowers is a bruiser(Rated to high IMO, not a 3 star caliber player), with no quickness and mediocre top end speed. 

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Their WR's were better overall, but the biggest difference IMO is they don't have a HB with any quickness. Beasley brought that, nobody that SJB is playing brings that. Flowers is a bruiser(Rated to high IMO, not a 3 star caliber player), with no quickness and mediocre top end speed. 

Good point, kinda the same with BG not as good of a RB this yr. so much more pressure on QB to do more. 

4 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Yep... Dead on. Exactly what was missing vs STA.