Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

In keeping with tradition I will be breaking out Pliny the Elder for tomorrow night's game against MD. But I am worried that it may take a herculean effort by DLS and may require something a bit more extraordinary. So, I am scrambling around for Pliny the Younger which I know is impossible. 😬

Pliny.jpg.a6560e0272f64a1307ab587891bfc2d5.jpg 

• Like 5

Getting some tenderloin filets ready for the grill. Cracked open a Pretoria Fields Collective, Walkers Station Stout. Looking for a link or anything to some games for tonight. 

Cool story for this newer brewery. They farm and raise all of their own ingredients. They were actually selling fresh produce from their farm in the tap room as well.

I posted about their tap room and all last weekend, but, now I'm enjoying their stout from a can I took home from there. 

20181205_174922.thumb.jpg.54b7b88b4ba1bfa3afb818c4d0d4e73b.jpg20181205_174927.thumb.jpg.38c152a55ade1cea229e432f4ca99fc2.jpg20181205_174944.thumb.jpg.64711dd6053ff9c2e147932cb1919adb.jpg

15442242032796995135785318469588.thumb.jpg.5f9f6a8223f5fa6839a5f9f9af25dce6.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

I have not tried one of these yet. But based on the name I just have to. It's a Brewery out of San Diego, CA.Beer.jpg.3ad766d590c0fab971069e1802fbb29c.jpg

Damn. That one looks like something I would definitely try. 

I'm down with some honey. Been taking a couple of teaspoons of tupelo or orange blossom honey as a sweetener with my coffee as a treatment for allergies per my dr. 

Seems to be working btw. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

If Listermann wasn't already your favorite Cincinnati brewery.......

20181207_173805.jpg

20181207_173818.jpg

About 30 yrs ago I use to drink a beer called Christian Moreland I believe it was out of Ohio. Not a craft beer but it sure tasted good. Is that beer still around. Can’t seem to find it in Ca.

4 hours ago, 1DayPGA said:

I have not tried one of these yet. But based on the name I just have to. It's a Brewery out of San Diego, CA.Beer.jpg.3ad766d590c0fab971069e1802fbb29c.jpg

@1DayPGA,

I think we have a basic theme working here.  I'm on the East Coast to watch our son compete tomorrow, but my bride is home.  So I did the only thing any reasonable person in my situation would do.  I had dinner with the local Naughty Nurse...

image.jpeg.bded31970141532e3fe5c5c5fa2d6fd5.jpeg

And yes...She went down just fine....

• Haha 4

On 9/22/2018 at 5:42 PM, Cossacks said:

Just Grabbed this.  Won’t get a chance to try it til way later tonight. Gotta be better than that WD-40 panther piss I tired last night though!

4B8CF300-19E9-4AE1-B255-9FDFD25B21AE.jpeg

Saw the Belching Beaver and remember I tried this earlier in our “drinking season.” Highly recommend this stout.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I never thought I was a "dark" beer fan, but, since the black IPA I tried and loved opened the door, the stouts and I have a bit of a love affair going on. 

I really like stouts and porters myself, love those dark beer. Oddly IPA is not my go to drink even though my liver is an equal opportunitist and sure as shit would never say no 😀 to any beer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

I really like stouts and porters myself, love those dark beer. Oddly IPA is not my go to drink even though my liver is an equal opportunitist and sure as shit would never say no 😀 to any beer.

Oh shit. You're right. My peanut butter beer over here was a porter. 

Not really sure the difference between the stout and porter really though. Both seem heavy, dark and smooth. 

24 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

@1DayPGA,

I think we have a basic theme working here.  I'm on the East Coast to watch our son compete tomorrow, but my bride is home.  So I did the only thing any reasonable person in my situation would do.  I had dinner with the local Naughty Nurse...

image.jpeg.bded31970141532e3fe5c5c5fa2d6fd5.jpeg

And yes...She went down just fine....

Sir, I like the cut if your jib!

80C35F09-A783-4963-9022-8245A2C79CE5.gif

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Oh shit. You're right. My peanut butter beer over here was a porter. 

Not really sure the difference between the stout and porter really though. Both seem heavy, dark and smooth. 

There really isn’t difference anymore. They’ve kinda morphed over each other. It’s really the stout is unmalted barley and porter is a malted barley. Stouts traditionally were a stronger porter, hence a “stout” porter. Nowadays there are porters that are stiffer than stouts. Really no difference in this day and age of craft beers and the evolution of brewing. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, 1DayPGA said:

About 30 yrs ago I use to drink a beer called Christian Moreland I believe it was out of Ohio. Not a craft beer but it sure tasted good. Is that beer still around. Can’t seem to find it in 

Oh yea......Christian Moerlein. One of the oldest breweries around....theyve been around putting out craft brews before they became popular. 

Moerlein brews are ok.....,  but they are like Sam Adams in that you can pretty much find them anywhere in the area.

However, they have the "Moerlein Lager House" downtown at "The Banks" on the river by the stadiums......and it has some of the best food in the city, probably a hundred or so beers, and a great view with good outdoor seating. Definitely one of my favorite places to go for food and drinks.

poi_gallery_image-image-693d3d3f-a3ed-43

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Oh yea......Christian Moerlein. One of the oldest breweries around....theyve been around putting out craft brews before they became popular. 

Moerlein brews are ok.....,  but they are like Sam Adams in that you can pretty much find them anywhere in the area.

However, they have the "Moerlein Lager House" downtown at "The Banks" on the river by the stadiums......and it has some of the best food in the city, probably a hundred or so beers, and a great view with good outdoor seating. Definitely one of my favorite places to go for food and drinks.

poi_gallery_image-image-693d3d3f-a3ed-43

That looks really cool. Probably has better attendance in that joint than the Reds pull in 😁

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...