G.D.P at 4.9....

DBP66

12 hours ago, Crusader12-0 said:

This administration is constantly revising numbers down months after the fact. I bet you that this one will be revised down too in a few months. The real number could be anything.

I checked September which, by my calculation, is last month and to the shock of many....you're wrong.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

The change in total nonfarm payroll employment for July was revised up by 79,000, from
+157,000 to +236,000, and the change for August was revised up by 40,000, from +187,000 
to +227,000. With these revisions, employment in July and August combined is 119,000 
higher than previously reported.

I also found this post from 2021. Seven out of ten months revised up. I think people like you can better understand complex things with the help of pictures.

👇

On 11/17/2021 at 8:48 AM, Atticus Finch said:

An analysis of the monthly job revisions made so far this year.

The government dramatically underestimated job growth this summer

Initial reports underestimated job growth by a cumulative 626,000 over four months

image.png.4cbc3b1b04970c8db913afbb1fe18622.png

• Thanks 1

But you're probably saying, "Atticus, this is GDP! Why did you refer to jobs in your response??!"

Well, because that's what Crusader12-0 was doing. But he was still mostly wrong.

Here's the last GDP report for Q1. A revision.....up.

First-quarter economic growth was actually 2%, up from 1.3% first reported in major GDP revision

The U.S. economy showed much stronger-than-expected growth in the first quarter than previously thought, according to a big upward revision Thursday from the Commerce Department.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Now, Q2 *was* revised down.

So sometimes it's up, sometimes it's down. Heck, sometimes it even remains unchanged.

The idea that "this administration" is cooking the books is incredibly stupid. Here are a couple of articles explaining revisions and how they work. I doubt any one of you morons will read them.

US GDP revised down in every first quarter from 2020 to 2022

Measuring GDP: Revisions are fact of statistical life

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2023 at 4:37 PM, Crusader12-0 said:

This administration is constantly revising numbers down months after the fact. I bet you that this one will be revised down too in a few months. The real number could be anything.

As expected by all, the number was revised.  In this particular case the revision was upward to 5.2%:

image.png.a2ca9539f0b7638a96d713ea809af8ff.png

link

The US economy is currently doing very well.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

As expected by all, the number was revised.  In this particular case the revision was upward to 5.2%:

link

@Crusader12-0

We all eagerly await your reply… get back to us as soon as you’re finished fantasizing about toddlers showering with boners.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

link

I don't expect this good news to be received well.  Probably think it in error or maybe somebody will tell them it would be better if the rich paid less in taxes.  End of the day...doesn't matter to them.  Further proof that people do not vote for economic reasons.  

As for the rest of us...the economy has been getting steadily better and I am a little surprised how much Biden has accomplished.  Especially considering current affairs.  

• Like 1

image.png.4d501869490e452df741e86a2e7abfaa.png
image.thumb.png.5c563d5b179721715b1e2119ffd2ba55.png
Prices are up, real wages are down and thousands are being laid off. It’s no surprise that 71% of Americans feel the economy is in poor shape. When the Biden administration says the economy is good, what they mean is that it is good for them. It’s certainly not good for regular folks like us and anyone with eyes and a wallet knows it! Are you going to believe what you see with your eyes or believe what a corrupt political party tells you?

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Crusader12-0 said:

It’s no surprise that 71% of Americans feel the economy is in poor shape

True, it isn’t a surprise you only believe things you agree with or want to be true, but what about this ⬇️

On 10/26/2023 at 4:37 PM, Crusader12-0 said:

…?

On 10/26/2023 at 2:51 PM, DBP66 said:

Wow...who is laughing at Bidenomics now??.....I wonder what our genius Wharton grad has to say about this??.....😉

The US dollar is barreling toward a 3.7% loss this month against a basket of six major currencies in what would be it worst monthly performance in a year.

21 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

The US dollar is barreling toward a 3.7% loss this month against a basket of six major currencies in what would be it worst monthly performance in a year.

Horrific looking chart 3 yr chart below.  😊

Have a look at ticker RNA, one of my David Kingman swings is starting to warmup.  

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/avidity-rna-expands-collaboration-bmy-140300920.html

IMG_7597.jpeg

IMG_7598.jpeg