Mater Dei, CA Has Had 3 Heisman Trophy Winners....and>

RedZone

• RedZone changed the title to Mater Dei, CA Has Had 3 Heisman Trophy Winners....and>
38 minutes ago, RedZone said:

....2 total flops and a flop in progress makes 3

I don't make it up, just report it.

Point? The hype isn't always reality based.

The award isn’t based on NFL resume.  

If it was, there’d be quite a list of flops.  Ron Dayne comes to mind for me as a Giants fan.  Lot of QB and RB busts at the next level.  

2 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

The award isn’t based on NFL resume

How can the award be based on a NFL resume when they're not in the NFL yet?

The Heisman Trophy WINNER is never the very last selection in the NFL draft. 

The BEST player in college football never wins the Heisman Trophy most years...... nobody really knows who that player is until 3 or 4 years down the line. Then they pull up some old highlights when that player was in college and say wow, he was great. Who knew?

11 minutes ago, RedZone said:

How can the award be based on a NFL resume when they're not in the NFL yet?

The Heisman Trophy WINNER is never the very last selection in the NFL draft. 

The BEST player in college football never wins the Heisman Trophy most years...... nobody really knows who that player is until 3 or 4 years down the line. Then they pull up some old highlights when that player was in college and say wow, he was great. Who knew?

Charlie Ward wanted bank as a first round QB pick, but that wasn’t happening.  
Had a nice NBA career, all things considered.   Made right choice.

Tim Tebow and Flutie also come to mind.  For sure, not NFL resume 💪.
I watched Flutie play for the Generals w Herschel. 

Would hope NFL GM’s know this by now.  :)  

Your pov was completely on next level performance.  My pov was based on CFB performance only as it should be (Heisman). 

• Like 1

different sports, apples and oranges comparison, but JT Daniels, i like to compare him to former MD Boys Basketball star Taylor King, in which their athletic careers came to a crash, collapsed in college, never made it to the Pro's.

they were superstars on a national level, highly recruited in terms of D-1 college offers, elite numbers and stats in HS, but collapsed, crashed at the college level.

But yes, even i would agree, its too early to call Bryce Young a bust yet, NFL career is barely starting.

38 minutes ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

But yes, even i would agree, its too early to call Bryce Young a bust yet, NFL career is barely starting.

Not worried about Bryce. He has had a bad year, not a bad career. 

He’s working with the #25 (of 32) ranked offensive lines per pro football network. Last updated December 5th. https://www.profootballnetwork.com/best-offensive-lines-nfl-rankings/

33 year old Adam Thielen is his WR1. 

His head coach was fired mid-season. 

Eli Manning threw 6 td’s, 9 interceptions, with a passer rating of 55 while riding the bench most of his rookie year. I wonder how many redzone threads were started about him being a bust. Bryce has plenty to work on and clean up. Being called a “flop” in the making is hilarious and unserious.

Mater Dei high school has 3 heisman trophy winners! More than any other in the country! Always a great day to be a Monarch! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RedZone said:

I don't guess the NFL teams that draft these Heisman Trophy winners in the first round have received that memo just yet.

Is Jayden Daniel’s going to be the first player or even first QB taken?  Nope

Does he deserve the Heisman Trophy this season as the seasons’ most outstanding player? Yep

What’s the point of this 

• Thanks 1

@RedZone Why the constant vitriol (look it up) when it comes to MD?  Never SJB or STA or SFA or IMG.  Always MD.  MD’s never even been to Louisiana.  Is it bc MD wins Natties?  Even if the above teams didn’t exist, Louisiana teams wouldn’t come close to sniffing a Natty, so that shouldn’t be the issue.  So what the hell?  Or do you just love pissing ppl off?  If so, you’re a sick, pitiful person.  Answer the question.  And get help. 

1 minute ago, MD87 said:

@RedZone Why the constant vitriol (look it up) when it comes to MD?  Never SJB or STA or SFA or IMG.  Always MD.  MD’s never even been to Louisiana.  Is it bc MD wins Natties?  Even if the above teams didn’t exist, Louisiana teams wouldn’t come close to sniffing a Natty, so that shouldn’t be the issue.  So what the hell?  Or do you just love pissing ppl off?  If so, you’re a sick, pitiful person.  Answer the question.  And get help. 

Pretty sure the Mater dei pool boy screwed the wife 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RedZone said:

When you continually come after mine year after year, I have to go after yours. 

This is mob football talk.

Bryce Young "was" good, just overrated. The other two Mater Dei flops just got caught in the crossfire.

Ask @steeler01

And if @steeler01 doesn't shut up about Joe Burrow it's only going to get much much worse!

mobster-gangster.gif

2 hours ago, pied said:

Is Jayden Daniel’s going to be the first player or even first QB taken?  Nope

He's most likely going to be a Top 5 pick and that team will build their franchise around him. That's a 2 to 4 year investment.

Like the Carolina Panthers are currently doing with Bryce Young.

If Jayden Daniels kills it @steeler01 will slowly start ripping and bashing him too because he's from LSU.

Loaded!

39 minutes ago, RedZone said:

If Jayden Daniels kills it @steeler01 will slowly start ripping and bashing him too because he's from LSU.

Loaded!

Jayden Daniels is from the IE. He grew up attending the Corey Benjamin basketball camps at Fontana and ended up going to Cajon HS in San Bernardino. 

He's not from Louisiana and I wish him the best. It don't matter if he does great or sucks in the NFL it won't change my life. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Mater Dei high school has 3 heisman trophy winners! More than any other in the country! Always a great day to be a Monarch! 

Newman High School (NOLA) has 0 Heisman Trophy winners.

Newman does have 3 players who have combined to win 5 Super Bowls, which is probably the most in the nation.

Peyton Manning-2

Eli Manning-2

Odell Beckham Jr-1

I guess it's a great day to be a Newman fan too.

Odell Beckham Jr still has some juice in the tank and might win another one this year. Had a good game with the Ravens this past Sunday.

It's all perspective, I guess.

18 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

He's not from Louisiana and I wish him the best. It don't matter if he does great or sucks in the NFL it won't change my life. 

Blah, blah, blah...

Joe Burrow is from Ohio and that changed your life.  

You've been on his ass for 4 years now and fail badly every year.

That's a lot of your life wasted!