Dawgs 63 FSU 3 early 4th

HooverOutlaw

3 hours ago, MD87 said:

Must’ve mostly been portal guys or injured, cuz no way FSU has more guys sitting out for the draft than UGA does! 🤣

Nearly 20% of the team is injured or in the portal. At least six 5* recruits have left UGA since the SEC Championship a month ago. People have not talked about how the Red Clay Hounds were disappointed by not having the opportunity to defend their title. Or that Georgia just might show up in Miami ready to play. It has been all about FSU and how they were robbed. Georgia won 29 in a row, is two-time defending champs, and lost one game in two years by 3 points. Georgia got robbed. FSU got pick-pocketed at best. It bears repeating: Unfortunately, for FSU,  the Orange Bowl played yesterday was a referendum on the difference between the football culture in Athens versus Tallahassee. 

IMG_1632.jpeg

12 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

IMG_1632.jpeg

Quick comparison to the opening day roster and they were missing 5 starters between injury and portal. They had their starting QB vs a third stringer along with 4 of 5 linemen, their top 5 rushers, and 5 of their top six receivers. And Bowers has been hurt a while and was replaced by the #1 TE in the 2022 class. There isn’t a coach alive who wouldn’t be happy to take that level of health into a playoff game, let alone a meaningless toilet bowl against an actually depleted roster of guys who couldn’t care less.

The 2023 Orange Bowl surpassed the 2013 Boston Marathon for worst sporting event of the century.

12 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

Quick comparison to the opening day roster and they were missing 5 starters between injury and portal. They had their starting QB vs a third stringer along with 4 of 5 linemen, their top 5 rushers, and 5 of their top six receivers. And Bowers has been hurt a while and was replaced by the #1 TE in the 2022 class. There isn’t a coach alive who wouldn’t be happy to take that level of health into a playoff game, let alone a meaningless toilet bowl against an actually depleted roster of guys who couldn’t care less.

The 2023 Orange Bowl surpassed the 2013 Boston Marathon for worst sporting event of the century.

IMG_1418.jpeg

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

IMG_1418.jpeg

Like I said somewhere else what we witnessed was 2 different responses to the committee's Bullshitery... 

In spite of last night's blow out. FSU still deserved a chance...  

Because FSU did what they needed to do to punch a ticket into the playoffs and one of gripes since the start of this fuckfest 4 team playoff has always been that Power 5 conference champions needed to be an auto-lock and it should have been 8 teams MINIMUM FROM THE FUCKING START. 

Then shit like what happened last night wouldn't happen... 

Last night is completely on the committee... 

Like I said Georgia already knew they where more than likely out of the playoffs after Alabama beat them. 

HOWEVER 

FSU won OUT! 

Thought they where a lock (Should have been) 

But when they weren't (Unfortunately) it sunk their metaphorical ship... and lets be real can you blame em? 

Those boys that sat out while letting their team down yes. 

Had valid reason... 

You're without a doubt going to drafted why would you go risk injury in the fucking orange bowl? When you're right around the corner from making MILLIONS and having a potentially long money making career that can help you and your family and loved ones...? 

In the case of FSU you already got told that no matter what you did this season it doesn't matter because we're going to take Bama over you.... 

Georgia had alot less to lose... and still had some SIGNIFICANT OPT OUTS... 

All that bowl game proved was Georgia 2nd-4th stringers where slightly more motivated than FSU's 2nd-4th stringers

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I see our resident Ding-Dong-Ditch Bitch @RedZone

has something to say but wont say it... so he tucked his balls and ran... 

I thought you knew more than everybody else.... 

You act like it atleast... 

Bozo the Ass Clown 

Screenshot_20231231-172939_Chrome.jpg

There's nothing at all left to say about this game, little dude.

You adding 6 or 7 more paragraphs every 15 minutes is just bizarre and absurd.

Everyone in the Free World knew this game was going to be a blowout. It was!

How much more can a little guy from Georgia that's an Ohio St fanboy possibly say about this game? That's the only question that remains to be answered.

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

There's nothing at all left to say about this game, little dude.

You adding 6 or 7 more paragraphs every 15 minutes is just bizarre and absurd.

Everyone in the Free World knew this game was going to be a blowout. It was!

How much more can a little guy from Georgia that's an Ohio St fanboy possibly say about this game? That's the only question that remains to be answered.

You know what is bizzare? 

How much you get slapped and abused on this board but your bitch ass stays taking L's... 

Steeler,Canes and NoleBull... 

All you ever do is make yourself look like a fucking joke... 

Then you double down on being a joke and deflect because its dumb shit you swy and the worse part is I dont believe that even you believe half the BS you say... 

You're a fucking troll

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

You know what is bizzare? 

How much you get slapped and abused on this board but your bitch ass stays taking L's... 

Steeler,Canes and NoleBull... 

All you ever do is make yourself look like a fucking joke... 

Then you double down on being a joke and deflect because its dumb shit you swy and the worse part is I dont believe that even you believe half the BS you say... 

You're a fucking troll

Ok, little dude.

You have anymore thoughts and opinions on the Georgia/Florida State game that you haven't fully addressed yet?

8 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Like I said somewhere else what we witnessed was 2 different responses to the committee's Bullshitery... 

In spite of last night's blow out. FSU still deserved a chance...  

Because FSU did what they needed to do to punch a ticket into the playoffs and one of gripes since the start of this fuckfest 4 team playoff has always been that Power 5 conference champions needed to be an auto-lock and it should have been 8 teams MINIMUM FROM THE FUCKING START. 

Like I said Georgia already knew they where more than likely out of the playoffs after Alabama beat them. 

HOWEVER 

FSU won OUT! 

But when they weren't (Unfortunately) it sunk their metaphorical ship... and lets be real can you blame em? 

Those boys that sat out while letting their team down yes. 

Had valid reason... 

You're without a doubt going to drafted why would you go risk injury in the fucking orange bowl? When you're right around the corner from making MILLIONS and having a potentially long money making career that can help you and your family and loved ones...? 

In the case of FSU you already got told that no matter what you did this season it doesn't matter because we're going to take Bama over you.... 

Georgia had alot less to lose... and still had some SIGNIFICANT OPT OUTS... 

All that bowl game proved was Georgia 2nd-4th stringers where slightly more motivated than FSU's 2nd-4th stringers

Which 2nd to 4th stringers for Georgia, though? The offense had no more than two, and their replacements were the #1 ranked TE in 2022 and looks like the lineman who came in was a top 100 recruit two years ago who’s played in every game this year. 

The defense was missing three right? They had other opt outs and injuries for sure but I don’t see anyone else significant. I don’t know the roster well enough, just going off of the depth chart from September compared to the bowl game.

The peanut guy was passing out Georgia jerseys at the half, and if you bought two bags, you got to go down on the field and run a play from scrimmage. I’m too out of shape, but my grandmother went down, and she’s the one who scored that last GA touchdown. We’re all so proud of her. 🤣

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, GoBigBlack said:

Which 2nd to 4th stringers for Georgia, though? The offense had no more than two, and their replacements were the #1 ranked TE in 2022 and looks like the lineman who came in was a top 100 recruit two years ago who’s played in every game this year. 

The defense was missing three right? They had other opt outs and injuries for sure but I don’t see anyone else significant. I don’t know the roster well enough, just going off of the depth chart from September compared to the bowl game.

If we're being honest...which I really don't like to do....but if we're being honest...Georgia doesn't have "backups" like those that most people traditionally consider "backups".  We have "non-starters".  Kirby estimates around 50 players who can be put into a game without a whole lot of downturn.  Don't get me wrong...there are definitely certain differences...but probably not as much as other teams see when they hafta substitute.  Keep in mind...Gunner Stockton is/was a 3rd string QB at Georgia.  When Redbeard hit the portal...The Gun moved up to No.2.  He and his "non-starters" basically played the 2nd half.  They scored 21 points.  They might could have scored more...but it simply wasn't necessary.  What did you think about "Rhino"...a.k.a. Roderick Robinson?  Try to imagine what Rhino could do behind the "starting" O-Line.  I had a very good analyst tell me after the game was over that the FSU opt out debacle definitely had an effect on the game.  He said that if the Noles had had ALL their players and the Dawgs had had ALL theirs....Georgia wouldn't have won by 7 TDs.  It would have been closer to 4 TDs.....it is what it is.

Rufus>>

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

If we're being honest...which I really don't like to do....but if we're being honest...Georgia doesn't have "backups" like those that most people traditionally consider "backups".  We have "non-starters".  Kirby estimates around 50 players who can be put into a game without a whole lot of downturn.  Don't get me wrong...there are definitely certain differences...but probably not as much as other teams see when they hafta substitute.  Keep in mind...Gunner Stockton is/was a 3rd string QB at Georgia.  When Redbeard hit the portal...The Gun moved up to No.2.  He and his "non-starters" basically played the 2nd half.  They scored 21 points.  They might could have scored more...but it simply wasn't necessary.  What did you think about "Rhino"...a.k.a. Roderick Robinson?  Try to imagine what Rhino could do behind the "starting" O-Line.  I had a very good analyst tell me after the game was over that the FSU opt out debacle definitely had an effect on the game.  He said that if the Noles had had ALL their players and the Dawgs had had ALL theirs....Georgia wouldn't have won by 7 TDs.  It would have been closer to 4 TDs.....it is what it is.

Rufus>>

Yeah, if a guy coming in has literally played in every game this year he isn’t really a backup. But if we’re actually being honest Georgia wasn’t even really down any significant players in any way, especially on offense. They were essentially a healthy offense at full strength against a defense that actually had a bunch of second and third stringers in the game. 

I completely agree Georgia beats em 97% of the time regardless… which is why it’s asinine for anyone to pretend like this Georgia team wasn't at or near full strength. There are probably a couple dozen teams every week throughout the year who are missing more than that because of ankle sprains and DUIs.  

5 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

Pretty excited to see some of these guys coming up. Rhino is an absolute beast.

17 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Former SJB QB DJ Uiag. committed to FSU (Clemson/Oregon St) 

Hopefully...their 3rd/1st string QB will hit the portal................

Brock Glenn has to be happy.

Tatermaker saw the writing on the wall.

Rufus>>

On 12/31/2023 at 5:17 PM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

HOWEVER 

FSU won OUT! 

The rules do not state that winning out  guarantees a team a shot in the CFPs.

On 12/31/2023 at 4:12 PM, JCGIII said:

Nearly 20% of the team is injured or in the portal. At least six 5* recruits have left UGA since the SEC Championship a month ago. People have not talked about how the Red Clay Hounds were disappointed by not having the opportunity to defend their title. Or that Georgia just might show up in Miami ready to play. It has been all about FSU and how they were robbed. Georgia won 29 in a row, is two-time defending champs, and lost one game in two years by 3 points. Georgia got robbed. FSU got pick-pocketed at best. It bears repeating: Unfortunately, for FSU,  the Orange Bowl played yesterday was a referendum on the difference between the football culture in Athens versus Tallahassee. 

IMG_1632.jpeg

All Ga Opt outs were all injuies.  EVERY GEORGIA STARTER PLAYED EXCEPT BOWERS AND DELP IS A GREAT REPLACEMENT.

FSU??

OFFENSE- Started 3rd string QB- 4TH TEAM RB- WR's 3 and 4- TE 2

DEFENSE- Missing all starters except for two 

And... UGA had something to play for (redemption from loss to sister F'ers). FSU got F'd by CFP and ESPN and the players gave them a Big F U!! Off to the NFL.

Apples and Oranges.

All things being equal, I think the top 6 this year with fully healthy rosters were:

1. UGA

2. FSU

3. Washington

4. Michigan

5. Texas

6. Oregon

7. Alabama

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

All Ga Opt outs were all injuies.  EVERY GEORGIA STARTER PLAYED EXCEPT BOWERS AND DELP IS A GREAT REPLACEMENT.

FSU??

OFFENSE- Started 3rd string QB- 4TH TEAM RB- WR's 3 and 4- TE 2

DEFENSE- Missing all starters except for two 

And... UGA had something to play for (redemption from loss to sister F'ers). FSU got F'd by CFP and ESPN and the players gave them a Big F U!! Off to the NFL.

Apples and Oranges.

All things being equal, I think the top 6 this year with fully healthy rosters were:

1. UGA

2. FSU

3. Washington

4. Michigan

5. Texas

6. Oregon

7. Alabama

Not that it matters in the scheme of things...but Mims didn't play for Georgia.