Dawgs 63 FSU 3 early 4th

HooverOutlaw

35 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Were they? 

Are you sure the busload of players opting out had no profound effect on this game? 

If this where a SEC team we'd have 600 reasons why and how this effected them... 

Georgia had 15 players that did not play in the Orange Bowl due to opt outs, transfers and injury.  Florida State had 23.  The difference was the remaining players for Georgia were a HELLUVA lot better than the remaining players for Florida State.

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1

Me and Steeler have been saying for weeks that this bowl game would be soulless atleast on FSU's part... 

But silly me for thinking that there was a universal standard for every conference... 

The BS obvious bias aside... in this thread 

What we witnessed last night was 2 different responses to the Committee's questionable decision making... 

UGA showed up and showed out and showed they could have and should have been in as well. 

FSU however laid down and got steamrolled. 

Reason for this?

I believe Georgia knew once they lost to Alabama that they where out and they came to terms with that. 

HOWEVER FSU on the other hand didn't and rightfully so because they where 13-0 and did what they needed to do to deserve a shot in the playoffs but they didn't get in... 

Their morale was completely shot... the players that opted out while letting the team down. They did have a valid reason to protest and sit out. Why would you risk your neck for a ultimately pointless game  when you're about to go make millions in the NFL? 

Even though FSU's 2nd,3rd and 4th strings showed up that was not enough because they too where feeling demoralized. 

I still think what the committee did was absolutely fucked up and inexcusable

On 12/31/2023 at 8:10 AM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I saw someone compare the Maryland-Auburn to this and say "Maryland played with backups" 

And to that I say if you think this comparison is a good one to use then your head is hollow... 

Maryland is average at best and played an absolutely TERRIBLE Auburn team 

Auburn nearly beat Alabama and Georgia. Again for those 2 when playing at Auburn they(Auburn) turn into a top 5 team no matter what their record is.

• Like 1

I'm about as anti-Auburn as you'll ever see.  I'm Old School.  They are Georgia's most hated rival...and that's including Tech and Florida and Tennessee.

BUT...

When it comes down to a rivalry game...say like Auburn/Georgia...or...Auburn/Alabama...those bastards play possessed.  It's hard to perceive or understand.  They play out of their skull.  Not only do you get their best game...you get a game that they're supposedly not capable of.  When it's just a normal opponent...THEY SUCK.

I'm not surprised Maryland manhandled them.

Rufus>>

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

I'm about as anti-Auburn as you'll ever see.  I'm Old School.  They are Georgia's most hated rival...and that's including Tech and Florida and Tennessee.

BUT...

When it comes down to a rivalry game...say like Auburn/Georgia...or...Auburn/Alabama...those bastards play possessed.  It's hard to perceive or understand.  They play out of their skull.  Not only do you get their best game...you get a game that they're supposedly not capable of.  When it's just a normal opponent...THEY SUCK.

I'm not surprised Maryland manhandled them.

Rufus>>

Unless they are Georgia or Alabama fans, people on the outside do not understand Auburn when playing these 2 at Auburn.  

They say New Mexico State beat Auburn at Auburn this just proves my point even more. They played like crap vs a bad New Mexico State team the 1 week later nearly beat Alabama.  Auburn focuses everything on beating Alabama even if it means losing other games, they do the same with Georgia. 

• Like 1