Michigan- Washington Predictions

steeler01

36 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Michigan basically maxes out the clock between plays and if chains move, you’ll see chunks of clock moving as well.   

They must be close to the top in the rankings in maxing drive clock possession time between plays and with a stingy D, that’s a nice combo to have.  

What’s the field like in Houston?  Any idea?  Fast track?  Penix Jr and a quality OL worry me, for sure.  
I dug the swarm pass rush vs Milroe.  Hoping for a repeat performance Monday. 

I’m not too sure about the field in Houston.

I think Mi has a better DL than Texas and can put more pressure on Penix. When it’s all said n done, that’s pretty much all they have penix and the WRs. 

a few stops and this game is a wrap imo 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Washington 34

Michigan 24 

WA more physical than are being credited and D better than their ranking (playing Oregon twice would hurt anyone’s rankings) — nations top offensive line will slow Michigans front 7 and allow penix to make plays.  

he was injured in middle of year but is throwing again like early in the season 

I’ve heard Dillon Johnson is going to play but would feel better if I knew he was close to 100%.  He’s a big-game beast when healthy and the guys behind him haven’t shown the same ability 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PopsNW said:

Washington 34

Michigan 24 

WA more physical than are being credited and D better than their ranking (playing Oregon twice would hurt anyone’s rankings) — nations top offensive line will slow Michigans front 7 and allow penix to make plays.  

I’ve heard Dillon Johnson is going to play but would feel better if I knew he was close to 100%.  He’s a big-game beast when healthy and the guys behind him haven’t shown the same ability 

Go WA!  Underrated and very talented!   27-17 WA!  

#reversepsychology 😉 

Good to see you chime in sir.  How’s the good life out west treating you?  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I think Mi has a better DL than Texas and can put more pressure on Penix. When it’s all said n done, that’s pretty much all they have penix and the WRs. 

Agree 

how long can Penix extend the play will determine if WA will stay in the game.I don’t believe WA can stop the MI running attack 

• Like 1

I think this game will higher scoring than most. 

Michigan 34

Washington 31

I do think there will be some crazy stuff in this game. 

I also predict this will be Harbaugh's last game as he runs to the NFL to escape the NCAA. 

I think at some point Michigan forfeit/vacates game by the NCAA. Will this effect this season who knows. Once the NCAA starts a full blown investigation over the cheating more dirt will come out. 

The current investigation is over illegal recruiting during covid and lying by Harbaugh not the cheating. 

Michigan fans better enjoy Monday and the 2023 season it will rough sailing after this for a few years. 

22 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Their RB is good (2nd in yards in country since week 9, performs best in big games), their OL won beat unit in country.  They have a prijected 1st round DL who got 2 sacks in Ewers, etc 

They are more than Penix and the WRs (and, btw, the TX DL was supposed to be one of best units in country as you dismiss them for their lack of impact in semi’s, maybe give UW’s #1 OL some Credit)

On 1/3/2024 at 10:17 AM, 954gator said:

I'll say this.  I think Michigan was a bit fortunate it was Bama and not UGA in that game.    UGA stylistically would have been a nightmare for them IMO.   Not saying they couldn't have won, but they would have had to play a much cleaner game on offense to get the dub.  

I think all 4 playoff teams are fortunate GA wasn’t in it.  I think the 4 that made it were right choice and all very evenly matched and all would have legitimately been underdogs vs GA

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PopsNW said:

Their RB is good (2nd in yards in country since week 9, performs best in big games), their OL won beat unit in country.  They have a prijected 1st round DL who got 2 sacks in Ewers, etc 

They are more than Penix and the WRs (and, btw, the TX DL was supposed to be one of best units in country as you dismiss them for their lack of impact in semi’s, maybe give UW’s #1 OL some Credit)

I’m not dismissing them; I don’t think they’re going to win and I don’t think their run defense is very good. 

UT had a 60/40 pass/run and it should have been the opposite. I don’t think MI will make that same mistake 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, PopsNW said:

The Texas DL was getting pressure,  the WRs were running free in the secondary. Penix was scrambling and moving around a lot more than usual. 

The Huskies rush defense ranks 43rd in the country in a conference that's not run first. 

On 1/3/2024 at 8:40 AM, steeler01 said:

Michigan 31 Washington 23

Michigan runs all over Washington. Corum rushing for over 100 yards is a great bet imo. 

Michigan rushes for 250 yards.

Penix Jr is sacked 7 times and throws a Pick-6.

Michigan 35

Washington 14

3 hours ago, steeler01 said:

The Texas DL was getting pressure,  the WRs were running free in the secondary. Penix was scrambling and moving around a lot more than usual. 

The Huskies rush defense ranks 43rd in the country in a conference that's not run first. 

Yes, TX has a good DL was my point.  Penix definitely moving around better — part of why I feel Huskies will win 

Agree that on the rushing stat (higher ranked than passing D, but at least passing partly explained by schedule).

Just think MI will have fewer 15 play drives than UW has big plays 

This might be the least talked about national championship game in the history of these forum/s> going back almost 20 years.

Where's my main man huskydog (ooops, devildog) at?....... he has to have an expert take. Any bubbas, cousins, or rednecks out in Washington? 😧😧😭😭

What a blow hard.

1 hour ago, PopsNW said:

Yes, TX has a good DL was my point.  Penix definitely moving around better — part of why I feel Huskies will win 

Agree that on the rushing stat (higher ranked than passing D, but at least passing partly explained by schedule).

Just think MI will have fewer 15 play drives than UW has big plays 

There's never been a team win a national championship in the BCS era with the recruiting numbers that Washington has.  I don't think that changes today. 

Michigan will be superior along the LOS on both sides and that's what will be the final factor in this game. 

Washington will need a +2 edge in turnovers to win. It's very hard to play two games against the opposition they're facing without turning the ball over(They had 0 offensive turnovers against Texas)

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

This might be the least talked about national championship game in the history of these forum/s> going back almost 20 years.

Where's my main man huskydog (ooops, devildog) at?....... he has to have an expert take. Any bubbas, cousins, or rednecks out in Washington? 😧😧😭😭

What a blow hard.

He made the impossible to regret decision of ignoring your bitch ass after you dropped the N bomb on him... 

• Haha 1

Statistically speaking.

Michigan has the #1 total defense in college football

Texas had the #35 ranked defense for comparison.

In other words > Texas wasn't as strong as everybody thought they were defensively. They had some holes and gaps in that defense. 

...#35 isn't totally terrible, but it's not #1 either.

LSU wins a National Championship with the #35 ranked defense.

On 1/6/2024 at 12:54 PM, PopsNW said:

Washington 34

Michigan 24 

Agree that WA is more physical than given credit . It's their lack of speed on Defense that is questionable. I don't see MI as a speedy team like , say, some of the OSU teams . If WA can get early lead, that would be huge . ALA looked like they had taken the game over in second half with MI.  WA can win this game if they make the plays

2 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Agree that WA is more physical than given credit . It's their lack of speed on Defense that is questionable. I don't see MI as a speedy team like , say, some of the OSU teams . If WA can get early lead, that would be huge . ALA looked like they had taken the game over in second half with MI.  WA can win this game if they make the plays

This game reminds me of Ohio State- Oregon 2014. Mariota and that high flying offense coming in against Ohio state just to get wrecked along the LOS. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

This game reminds me of Ohio State- Oregon 2014. Mariota and that high flying offense coming in against Ohio state just to get wrecked along the LOS. 

WA is a much different team than that OU 2014 . WA much more physical and with a far superior defense . OSU was dynamic that year because of Haskins ability to go deep along with their punishing ground attack . 

35 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

WA is a much different team than that OU 2014 . WA much more physical and with a far superior defense . OSU was dynamic that year because of Haskins ability to go deep along with their punishing ground attack . 

You're mixing up the rose bowl game of 2019 with the OSU that started Jones(3rd string QB) that destroyed Oregon. 

Ohio State 19th ranked defense

Oregon 89th ranked defense

Michigan 1st ranked defense

Washington 97th ranked defense

8 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

WA much more physical and with a far superior defense . 

Washington RB Dillon Johnson carried the ball 21 times vs Texas for 49 Yards> 2.3 average

Washington's only hope is if Penix Jr throws the ball 50-60 times and hits 3 or 4 of them for TDs.

Only problem with that is Michigan going to be bringing the heat.

Wait for it!