Michigan- Washington Predictions

steeler01

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

Michigan 31 Washington 23

Michigan runs all over Washington. Corum rushing for over 100 yards is a great bet imo. 

I’ve underrated WA all season and I’m likely not alone.  

I’m glad Don Brown wasn’t the DC vs Bama and won’t be vs WA.  
He did fine at BC, but for some reason it just didn’t click full throttle at MI.  Common theme a 1-1 man beat with aggressive pressure.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Michigan 31 Washington 23

Michigan runs all over Washington. Corum rushing for over 100 yards is a great bet imo. 

Corum's a beast!   How did Washington's D look vs Texas?  Didn't get to watch all of the second game.   Seemed they were in control for most of the game save the last couple minutes or so.    I think that QB is a stud, but even more impressed with the Washington receivers.   Those guys seem to just win every 50/50.   

Question is can Washington cheat vs the run and get away with it?   I don't think you can cheat much either way vs Washington's O and Washington has so many guys that can just win their 1v1 type battles.   
I dunno man I think I might be leaning toward Washington.    

I was a bit surprised with how sloppy Michigan looked in their pass game.   

I'll say this.  I think Michigan was a bit fortunate it was Bama and not UGA in that game.    UGA stylistically would have been a nightmare for them IMO.   Not saying they couldn't have won, but they would have had to play a much cleaner game on offense to get the dub.  

• Like 1

Corum is not a home run hitter. He is basically a little bit quicker Fullback. He averages 4.7 YPC. And he only has about 1 reception per game. So he isn’t dangerous in the pass game.  I think he will be a non factor. 

I think Michigan wins simply because their defense is much more balanced and with Washington relying on the pass so much, they will put themselves in more situations to make a mistake. 

It’s a tough one. I got Michigan winning 31-21. 

I'm not confident either way. Things seem to point towards Michigan, but the impact of the best pocket-passer in the country could be huge. If you told me Michigan blew them out, I wouldn't be shocked. But, if you told me UW won, I'd easily believe that too.

16 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Corum is not a home run hitter. He is basically a little bit quicker Fullback. He averages 4.7 YPC. And he only has about 1 reception per game. So he isn’t dangerous in the pass game.  I think he will be a non factor. 

I think Michigan wins simply because their defense is much more balanced and with Washington relying on the pass so much, they will put themselves in more situations to make a mistake. 

It’s a tough one. I got Michigan winning 31-21. 

He doesnt have to be, MI just needs ball control and win TOP. Bottmoline, WA run defense is not that good, their pass defense is better though. I think he can have a solid night on Monday 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

He doesnt have to be, MI just needs ball control and win TOP. Bottmoline, WA run defense is not that good, their pass defense is better though. I think he can have a solid night on Monday 

That matchup favors Michigan for sure. I’d be surprised if Corum doesn’t win offensive MVP. 

• Like 2

Corum was the target receiver on the most important play of Michigan’s season.  

That was a ballsy call by Harbaugh, with a late shift that Bama didn’t adjust to being Corum moving from the left to the right of JJ… allowing a nice opening for a clear reception.  

Don’t take my word for it… let an Ohio State fan do it!  👍🏻

Here is the 2nd coolest OSU fan preaching.  

@hardhit1 of course is the coolest.  😊

Respect 

• Like 1

Styles can make interesting games and these two are as different as can be which will make for what should be a very entertaining game... a kind of beauty and the beast thing.

I'm not sure Mich will be able to consistently handle Washington's finesse with Pennix, their wide receivers and speed;  the same can be said about Wash handling Michigan's power. They are both going to score a lot and it will come down to the fourth quarter and which line gets more gassed which I think will favor Mich in a tight one.

Whoever wins, I will enjoy this game as it will be the last where the fans will have reason to be emotionally invested in the game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gospeeder said:

Whoever wins, I will enjoy this game as it will be the last where the fans will have reason to be emotionally invested in the game

I'm not at all that emotionally invested in this game. I don't even really care who wins. I'm pretty sure Michigan's going to win though for whatever that's worth.

What are you talking about exactly?

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

emotionally invested

I'm more emotionally invested in LSU putting a quality defense on the field in 2024 and recruiting.

I think LSU might be headed in the right direction defensively. At least major changes were made.

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

I'm more emotionally invested in LSU putting a quality defense on the field in 2024 and recruiting.

I think LSU might be headed in the right direction defensively. At least major changes were made.

Always be second fiddle to Gump. Sorry. Until Saban goes anyway. 

4 hours ago, 181pl said:

Michigan cannot throw the ball. They lose. 

Vs WA?
Or is this your opinion of JJ?   

I thought he played well vs Bama.  He luckily got a mulligan on his first pass however.  
After that, no worries.  

I’m expecting him to return next year, with or without Harbaugh. Hopefully with. 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 11:13 AM, Horsefly said:

Michigan basically maxes out the clock between plays and if chains move, you’ll see chunks of clock moving as well.   

They must be close to the top in the rankings in maxing drive clock possession time between plays and with a stingy D, that’s a nice combo to have.  

What’s the field like in Houston?  Any idea?  Fast track?  Penix Jr and a quality OL worry me, for sure.  
I dug the swarm pass rush vs Milroe.  Hoping for a repeat performance Monday. 

• Like 2