8 Children injured in Chiefs parade shooting

DevilDog

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Eight children were among 22 people hit by gunfire in a shooting at the end of Wednesday's parade to celebrate the Kansas City Chiefs' Super Bowl win, authorities said, as terrified fans ran for cover and yet another high-profile public event was marred by gun violence. One person was killed, identified by her radio station as a DJ.

Kansas City Police Chief Stacey Graves detailed the shooting's toll at a news conference and said three people had been taken into custody. She said she has heard that fans may have been involved in apprehending a suspect but couldn’t immediately confirm that.

Radio station KKFI said in a Facebook post Wednesday evening that DJ Lisa Lopez, host of “Taste of Tejano,” was killed in the shooting

image.png.3b7f13058996c00eaab13c37ef883a70.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

29 minutes ago, Bormio said:

We just can’t have nice things anymore.  Of note, the KC police did not want Swift at the parade (she wasn’t) due to security concerns 

Thankfully she has tour dates in Australia, this weekend.

It’s sad, like you said we can’t even enjoy simple, nice things anymore ☹️

1 hour ago, GoBigBlack said:

Yeah! Why the hell hasn't the usual crew started a thread about 8 Children injured in Chiefs parade shooting!?!?! 

🤡

Doh! You really got me! Thou hast cut me to the quick.

The likes of Ga96 would never have started a thread about the shooters if they had been white. AMIRITE???

🤡

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, concha said:

Doh! You really got me! Thou hast cut me to the quick.

The likes of Ga96 would never have started a thread about the shooters if they had been white. AMIRITE???

🤡

You couldn't be more wrong once again Don....maybe one day you'll grow a brain?.....😪

7 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

And their sorry asses needs to be prosecuted as adults.  Who brings a semi automatic weapon to a damn parade unless you're planning chaos.  When I go to dinner my wallet is required, in desert storm I had my weapon.  I've never confused either.  They are not juveniles they are derelicts. 

• Thanks 3
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

And their sorry asses needs to be prosecuted as adults.  Who brings a semi automatic weapon to a damn parade unless you're planning chaos.  When I go to dinner my wallet is required, in desert storm I had my weapon.  I've never confused either.  They are not juveniles they are derelicts. 

🫡

If this happened in California or New York, they'd probably only get a year probation and a $200 fine.

I cant remember this country being  in this bad of shape, in all areas, in my lifetime. 

I also knew within 2 hours of the shooting that it wasn't a white male. If it had been, it would have been reported on network news as such, immediately.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

And after they are identified The White Male who perpetuated has mental issues and tha Black perp is a thug indicative of the whole culture.  The real answer is fuckups with access to tools of destruction regardless of hue.  People rationalize what they believe off of misguided perceptions.  Young Males are violent period.  Why does the Military recruit teens and not 33yr olds?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

The White Male who perpetuated has mental issues and tha Black perp is a thug indicative of the whole culture. 

I agree with your premise. Thats usually how it's reported.

I also know 100% there are truths in both of those, but for different reasons.

The white male with "mental issues" is indicative of a kid who's whacked out liberal mother started shoving anti depressants/anxiety meds down his throat at 10 years old causing him to not care about his life or anyone else's.

The black "thug" male who "shoots it up", grew up in a black sub culture that glorifies criminals, violence, and "poppin caps".

It is what it is.

45 minutes ago, rockinl said:

I agree with your premise. Thats usually how it's reported.

I also know 100% there are truths in both of those, but for different reasons.

The white male with "mental issues" is indicative of a kid who's whacked out liberal mother started shoving anti depressants/anxiety meds down his throat at 10 years old causing him to not care about his life or anyone else's.

The black "thug" male who "shoots it up", grew up in a black sub culture that glorifies criminals, violence, and "poppin caps".

It is what it is.

Both are indicative of our elected leaders refusing to do anything about the ability of civilians to get their hands on military type weapons.  Our society as a whole glorifies violence.  Any person who shoots another human being is 100% not right in the head.  No matter if it is an angry white male or angry black male, 100% not rational.  

I have no idea what black sub-culture is.  

Not sure it is only liberal mothers who give their kids meds though.  That seems a little strange.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

Both are indicative of our elected leaders refusing to do anything about the ability of civilians to get their hands on military type weapons.  Our society as a whole glorifies violence.  Any person who shoots another human being is 100% not right in the head.  No matter if it is an angry white male or angry black male, 100% not rational.  

I have no idea what black sub-culture is.  

Not sure it is only liberal mothers who give their kids meds though.  That seems a little strange.  

Yeah I'm pretty sure for the most part none of then are political.  It's driven by hate whether gang on gang or a societal nutjob that feels he needs to shoot up a school, etc.  That bullet once it clears the barrel don't give a damn about the reason or characteristics of the person that initiated the trigger housing group.  All of as at any minute can fall victim to either and that's fukn insane.   Making it political is trying to reason well its not us.  It's The United States it actually is us. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, rockinl said:

One of the greatest minds in my lifetime.

This is the same man that blames a Redneck culture originating by the British in the South and Transferred to blacks who during the great migration took it North.  Hes a Conservative that says things about a black culture that he emitted from.  A white male Dawson Richard Vosburg has dissected much of his utterances.  He seems to blame racist whites. I bet they didn't know that about this brilliant one.  

Thomas Sowell

1. Black Americans, especially the worst-off living in urban centers, have a “redneck” culture that was handed to them by White southerners via Britain. It is this culture which produces bad behavioral patterns, such as crime and single parenthood.

16 hours ago, DevilDog said:

This is the same man that blames a Redneck culture originating by the British in the South and Transferred to blacks who during the great migration took it North.  Hes a Conservative that says things about a black culture that he emitted from.  A white male Dawson Richard Vosburg has dissected much of his utterances.  He seems to blame racist whites. I bet they didn't know that about this brilliant one.  

Thomas Sowell

1. Black Americans, especially the worst-off living in urban centers, have a “redneck” culture that was handed to them by White southerners via Britain. It is this culture which produces bad behavioral patterns, such as crime and single parenthood.

Probably true. I grew up in what Im sure you and I would consider a "redneck" southern culture of the 60's and 70's, but Ive chosen not to live that way as an adult. Why cant others do the same? 

Ill go ahead and assume you don't subscribe to Jesse Lee Peterson? hahaha

If I want to read about black culture in America, I'll take this guys opinion....The most insightful stories about Thomas Sowell - Medium

over this guys. One preaches personal responsibility and fortitude, the other preaches victimhood and dependence.Dawson Richard Vosburg – Medium

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Probably true. I grew up in what Im sure you and I would consider a "redneck" southern culture of the 60's and 70's, but Ive chosen not to live that way as an adult. Why cant others do the same? 

Ill go ahead and assume you don't subscribe to Jesse Lee Peterson? hahaha

If I want to read about black culture in America, I'll take this guys opinion....The most insightful stories about Thomas Sowell - Medium

over this guys. One preaches personal responsibility and fortitude, the other preaches victimhood and dependence.Dawson Richard Vosburg – Medium

You are making the wrong choice imo.  To me, Sowell places blame on black people for being inherently inferior.  You have Vosberg wrong too.  He doesn't preach victimhood and dependence.  He just says that (inequality, discrimination) explains differences much more than does the belief of inferiority.  And the 'redneck argument' from Sowell that DevilDog mentioned is just bs.  Does that argument make any sense to you?

• Thanks 1