Official Louisiana and National 2024 High School Baseball Thread

RedZone

11 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

Sure the Dodgers are gonna win at least 100 games this year then eat a turd in the playoff………………..Again! Like they always do.

On a side note I do have to give up to USC Keck hospital and Norris Cancer center.  I had my cancer surgery and have my radiation treatment there and they are one of the best in the world for throat surgery and recovery. Fight On!

God bless you my man. You are in great hands at Keck. Fight on and win! 

• Like 1

Catholic-BR has 2 more quality wins this week to move their record to 27-2.

They should mow down the remaining portion of their schedule.

Catholic is done with National tournament ball this year, they played in and won 2 tournaments.

The next tournament Catholic will see will be the D1 Select Playoffs which should be really good again.

Catholic was riding High last year too ranked #2 in the nation with a 36-2 record, but my Rummel Raiders weren't having any of that and beat Catholic in the playoffs. Rummel then lost in the D1 Select State Championship 1-0 to Jesuit..

You can't ever count the NOLA Jesuits out. No team in Louisiana has more baseball state championships. Jesuit has won 22 baseball state championships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Meanwhile out in California #1 Corona will face Mater Dei in the Champ Game of Boras Baseball Classic.

....32 of California's best got together this week.

Screenshot_20240404-233132-209.png

This tournament has 16 teams from So Cal and 16 teams from Nor Cal…. Unfortunately they don’t play against each other it’s just regional…. Granite Bay Beat Cardinal Newman for the Nor Cal title….

Nice win for MD hopefully they upset Corona!….. MD is on the Bubble right now as they are only 2-4 in TL play after dropping a game to Servite and being Swept by JSERRA…. They still have 3 game series left with SJB, Santa Margarita and OLU so if they can beat Corona and win 2 of those series they should be in….

So Cal D1 is no Joke!….

5 hours ago, RedZone said:

Catholic-BR has 2 more quality wins this week to move their record to 27-2.

They should mow down the remaining portion of their schedule.

Catholic is done with National tournament ball this year, they played in and won 2 tournaments.

The next tournament Catholic will see will be the D1 Select Playoffs which should be really good again.

Catholic was riding High last year too ranked #2 in the nation with a 36-2 record, but my Rummel Raiders weren't having any of that and beat Catholic in the playoffs. Rummel then lost in the D1 Select State Championship 1-0 to Jesuit..

You can't ever count the NOLA Jesuits out. No team in Louisiana has more baseball state championships. Jesuit has won 22 baseball state championships.

They won the tournament that they lost to the 180th Florida team in?

20 hours ago, RedZone said:

Parkview, GA beat IMG Academy 6-3 Tuesday night handing IMG Academy their 2nd loss of the season. Big win for Parkview!

Catholic (Baton Rouge) beat Parkview, GA 3-1 at the Perfect Game Showdown in Hoover last month.

Parkview/IMG Academy recap.

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/news/6klw6x7zZ02Ui7Qn5bvFsw/baseball-game-recap-parkview-panthers-vs-img-academy-ascenders.htm

Parkview just lost to the 67th Florida team. Does that cancel this out? 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, RedZone said:

Parkview, GA beat IMG Academy 6-3 Tuesday night handing IMG Academy their 2nd loss of the season. Big win for Parkview!

Catholic (Baton Rouge) beat Parkview, GA 3-1 at the Perfect Game Showdown in Hoover last month.

Parkview/IMG Academy recap.

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/news/6klw6x7zZ02Ui7Qn5bvFsw/baseball-game-recap-parkview-panthers-vs-img-academy-ascenders.htm

Parkview, GA then turns around and loses to a solid Dunedin, FL team 3-2 in that little Spring Break Showdown in Florida.

Dunedin also has a quality win vs Florida #3 Venice......Venice's only loss of the year. Venice is currently 15-1 and ranked in a couple of the national polls.

The great thing about high school baseball is you have to bring your A game almost every night.

6 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Parkview, GA then turns around and loses to a solid Dunedin, FL team 3-2 in that little Spring Break Showdown in Florida.

Dunedin also has a quality win vs Florida #3 Venice......Venice's only loss of the year. Venice is currently 15-1 and ranked in a couple of the national polls.

The great thing about high school baseball is you have to bring your A game almost every night.

I have a feeling Parkview probably spent a little too much time at the beach after their mammoth IMG victory.

That Dunedin area may have the best beaches in Florida. World class beaches!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

This tournament has 16 teams from So Cal and 16 teams from Nor Cal…. Unfortunately they don’t play against each other it’s just regional…. Granite Bay Beat Cardinal Newman for the Nor Cal title….

Nice win for MD hopefully they upset Corona!….. MD is on the Bubble right now as they are only 2-4 in TL play after dropping a game to Servite and being Swept by JSERRA…. They still have 3 game series left with SJB, Santa Margarita and OLU so if they can beat Corona and win 2 of those series they should be in….

So Cal D1 is no Joke!….

Orange Lutheran took another loss in this Boras Classics .....they are not exactly knocking the cover off the baseball as they prepare for the big tournament in North Carolina next week.

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

I have a feeling Parkview probably spent a little too much time at the beach after their mammoth IMG victory.

No it doesn’t dumbass. It’s Clearwater beach which is miles and miles South of Dunedin. No one in the world would come from out of the area and say let’s go to Dunedin Beach. Lol. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

Note: The Toronto Blue Jays spring baseball complexe is located in Dunedin, FL. it was just recently built and they claim it's the nicest in MLB....

Couple of beach shots from Dunedin. We've never personally been in that area, but we know some people that absolutely love it there. Of course they're adults with kids and that kind of thing. Looks pretty nice to me. Not a lot of commercial bullshit.

Screenshot_20240405-100930-114.thumb.png.bc1c6914347d9ac7d8b0b87bc3115db5.png

LEAD_Blue-Jays-1078x516.jpg.webp

WEB_Blue-Jays-2-1024x576.jpg.webp

Screenshot_20240405-100949-390.png

19 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Note: The Toronto Blue Jays spring baseball complexe is located in Dunedin, FL. it was just recently built and they claim it's the nicest in MLB....

Couple of beach shots from Dunedin. We've never personally been in that area, but we know some people that absolutely love it there. Of course they're adults with kids and that kind of thing. Looks pretty nice to me. Not a lot of commercial bullshit.

Screenshot_20240405-100930-114.thumb.png.bc1c6914347d9ac7d8b0b87bc3115db5.png

LEAD_Blue-Jays-1078x516.jpg.webp

WEB_Blue-Jays-2-1024x576.jpg.webp

Screenshot_20240405-100949-390.png

Caladesi Island in Dunedin, FL is pretty awesome looking.

Screenshot_20240405-104219-059.png

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

No it doesn’t dumbass. It’s Clearwater beach which is miles and miles South of Dunedin. No one in the world would come from out of the area and say let’s go to Dunedin Beach. Lol. 

Cut ferret face a break…..he’s thrilled someone besides himself replied to one of his posts! 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

Dunedin is a nice area. Fuck Red Zone. Lol.

Dunedin is a nice chill spot to go on a date and get away from the city. 

They have a nice little Main Street to go get a bite and enjoy the weather. 

They also have a huge Scottish population and even paid homage to the fact with Scottish themed football helmets. Too bad their football isn’t as good as their baseball ️ 

IMG_3885.webp

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Destin/Fort Walton/30A sand is whiter and water is clearer.

👍🏻

“RedneckRiviera” 

When FL votes in Nov to likely legalize recreational cannabis, they’ll be even more visitors next year to the area from out of state neighbors.  

4 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

👍🏻

“RedneckRiviera” 

When FL votes in Nov to likely legalize recreational cannabis, they’ll be even more visitors next year to the area from out of state neighbors.  

The average cost of beach front house in Alys Beach is 9.1 million. There 25 house built in the last 3 years that average 20.4 million in Alys Beach. The real redneck riviera is Gulf Shores. We stay at Sandestin and on Okaloosa island never had any redneck issues in 40 plus years. 

Some of the houses at Alys Beach are 50k a week. House in 30A are owned by people from all over the world. 30A outside of shopping for women under the age of 30 an little in good restaurants not much to do in 30A. Panama City is pretty redneck but never had a bad trip there.

That is a 24 million dollar home in Alys beach in the picture. 

1953ccaa5af3225a1bbce8fbbc146c5a.webp

5 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Destin/Fort Walton/30A sand is whiter and water is clearer.

Yeah, I don't think the Dunedin beaches are quite for you.

You're more of a stationary Beach Goer. Maybe rent a hotel room, waddle out to one of their beach chairs and look at the sand for a couple hours, maybe waddle out once or twice and get your feet wet...... then go back to the hotel room, turn the AC on to 58 degrees and take a nap. 

Looks to me like the Dunedin beaches are more for active people with energy who enjoy some of the last natural beaches in Florida. Beaches and tropical forest like forest's man has not fucked with.

It's all the thing, I'm sure.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

The average cost of beach front house in Alys Beach is 9.1 million. There 25 house built in the last 3 years that average 20.4 million in Alys Beach. The real redneck riviera is Gulf Shores. We stay at Sandestin and on Okaloosa island never had any redneck issues in 40 plus years. 

Some of the houses at Alys Beach are 50k a week. House in 30A are owned by people from all over the world. 30A outside of shopping for women under the age of 30 an little in good restaurants not much to do in 30A. Panama City is pretty redneck but never had a bad trip there.

That is a 24 million dollar home in Alys beach in the picture. 

1953ccaa5af3225a1bbce8fbbc146c5a.webp

But… do most visitors still drink Bud and get sun burnt?  😉 

Perhaps they should retire that slang name reference for the area.  I thought it was a Pensacola to Bama label slang, but perhaps just pockets now. 

Ft Myers Beach likely has a similar feel to that, with a quieter area from the bridge with more upscale accommodations and older visitors as example vs the rowdier younger crowds closer to the bridge from the mainland.  

11 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Yeah, I don't think the Dunedin beaches are quite for you.

You're more of a stationary Beach Goer. Maybe rent a hotel room, waddle out to one of their beach chairs and look at the sand for a couple hours, maybe waddle out once or twice and get your feet wet...... then go back to the hotel room, turn the AC on to 58 degrees and take a nap. 

Looks to me like the Dunedin beaches are more for active people with energy who enjoy some of the last natural beaches in Florida. Beaches and tropical forest like forest's man has not fucked with.

It's all the thing, I'm sure.

I bet you could never pull what I do every time in Destin load up probably 40lbs of fishing gear hike 1.5 miles to the Destin east jetty and walk out on these 200 yards of rocks.  

20230821_100607.jpg