Mater Dei- CA Football Sigh

On2whls

Let's stop and reflect a bit on 2017 CA HS football.  SJB won and lost oos and also to MD.  DLS lost and win oos games.  Cen10 tried again and couldn't unravel IMG then lazes through crap schedule.  MD undefeated and we all think is a pretty good team, potentially best in nation maybe even better than last year.  MV undefeated but we don't really know how good they are.  Sounds familiar?  It's eerily similar to 2016, except that MD has more detractors in this forum than last year.  

Ya think it might be due to the voluminous bragadaccio emanating from the mouth, but transmitted through the fingers, of CA posters?

We shouldn't have to defend MD's position or CA football in general.  Nothing wrong with CA football.  Sure it's more offensive minded than some states, but a lot of us prefer that style.  There's a reason for the term West Coast Offense.

As regards MD yes, they are very good, but it's not like they have sucked for the last 3 years prior to 2016.  It's just that Cen10 and SJB have split SS championships and SJB and DLS have split state titles over the same period.  That's a lot of history to overcome and the same 3 teams loom on the horizon hoping to repeat history.

If MD is a good as most of us think, It's up to them to prove it on the field, not for us to prove it on the forum.  Roosters crow when the sun comes up.  For CA pride, we can crow when the last whistle blows on an undefeated Monarch season.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

SJB isnt as good as last year. Think thats pretty clear. Atleast they arent as good this year as they were the 2nd half of last year.

MDs 2017 team may be one of the Top 5 best teams of all-time.

I actually appreciate the quality of play from the top teams in California. That level of play is not unique to just them.

Sorry - This MD team is not top 5 all time!

IMG x 2, BTW, MNW x2, BG last year - without naming any from Texas have been better than this MD team and that is just off the top of my head

MD is better than last year because of their defense. SJB does not appear to be as good. Not because of talent, they just don’t have the same chemistry. Perhaps Negro will get them playing really well when it counts in the playoffs.

And then there is Cen10. I will be a homer and discount their loss to IMG since they were without McKee. I think Cen10 is better than Bosco and is BY FAR the biggest threat to MD. They are scary good. Their offense is what it always is.  But they are playing some decent defense this year.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I actually appreciate the quality of play from the top teams in California. That level of play is not unique to just them.

IMG x 2, BTW, MNW x2, BG last year - without naming any from Texas have been better than this MD team and that is just off the top of my head

Empty words from someone who has never watched The Stache play this year.

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

Let's stop and reflect a bit on 2017 CA HS football.  SJB won and lost oos and also to MD.  DLS lost and win oos games.  Cen10 tried again and couldn't unravel IMG then lazes through crap schedule.  MD undefeated and we all think is a pretty good team, potentially best in nation maybe even better than last year.  MV undefeated but we don't really know how good they are.  Sounds familiar?  It's eerily similar to 2016, except that MD has more detractors in this forum than last year.  

Ya think it might be due to the voluminous bragadaccio emanating from the mouth, but transmitted through the fingers, of CA posters?

We shouldn't have to defend MD's position or CA football in general.  Nothing wrong with CA football.  Sure it's more offensive minded than some states, but a lot of us prefer that style.  There's a reason for the term West Coast Offense.

As regards MD yes, they are very good, but it's not like they have sucked for the last 3 years prior to 2016.  It's just that Cen10 and SJB have split SS championships and SJB and DLS have split state titles over the same period.  That's a lot of history to overcome and the same 3 teams loom on the horizon hoping to repeat history.

If MD is a good as most of us think, It's up to them to prove it on the field, not for us to prove it on the forum.  Roosters crow when the sun comes up.  For CA pride, we can crow when the last whistle blows on an undefeated Monarch season.  

SOOOOOOOOOOOO, you think that Mater Dei is da BOMB? SHEEEEEEEEAT! In a state that you proclaim, is REALLY OFFENSIVE! Mater Dei bitch slaps everybody, using TWO weapons!(St. Brown and the lil bitty RB) And other teams play St. Brown, man coverage for GAWD'S sake! NO D to be found! He'd at least be bracketed, or have double and triple coverage in GEORGIA! We'd shut DAT SHIT DOWN! Colquitt held one of the best WR in Georgia to 67 yds. receiving last night! 

I'll put this into perspective! Ain't NO WAY in HELL, that Mater Dei beats 2015 Colquitt! They had TEN WR's, major DI TE, and hybrids like Kiel Pollard, who would run the MD butterfly DEEEfense into the GROUND! I can just picture those MD pussies trying to tackle KIEL POLLARD!xDxDxD SOMEBODY had better get the meat wagon ready for the MD DEEEfense! Cause he woulda HURT UM REALLY BAD!

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

You appreciate TOP Cali teams, because you are ALSO a product of the ARENA FOOTBALL LEAGUE mentality! First one to a HUNNERED, WINS!xD NO fucking D ANYWHERE! MD's secondary is a FUCKING JOKE!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

SOOOOOOOOOOOO, you think that Mater Dei is da BOMB? SHEEEEEEEEAT! In a state that you proclaim, is REALLY OFFENSIVE! Mater Dei bitch slaps everybody, using TWO weapons!(St. Brown and the lil bitty RB) And other teams play St. Brown, man coverage for GAWD'S sake! NO D to be found! He'd at least be bracketed, or have double and triple coverage in GEORGIA! We'd shut DAT SHIT DOWN! Colquitt held one of the best WR in Georgia to 67 yds. receiving last night! 

I'll put this into perspective! Ain't NO WAY in HELL, that Mater Dei beats 2015 Colquitt! They had TEN WR's, major DI TE, and hybrids like Kiel Pollard, who would run the MD butterfly DEEEfense into the GROUND! I can just picture those MD pussies trying to tackle KIEL POLLARD!xDxDxD SOMEBODY had better get the meat wagon ready for the MD DEEEfense! Cause he woulda HURT UM REALLY BAD!

Do you ever sleep? Meth kills brother. Oh yeah how bout them packers!!!!!! Hahaha!!!

I think MD is Good but this is not the best team ever...  

Then on top of all that... 

Aside from SJB 

MD's opponents have been Average at best.... 

If it was 2016 BG they probably would've lost. 

Then Bishop Amat is a trainwreck... 

And BC is also a hot mess.... 

Dude MD's schedule hasn't been spectacular... its better than most. But its nothing we haven't seen before. 

Then we'll get to hear about how FANTASTIC the SS-D1 Disaster playoffs are...  

And we all know how it is. 

Outside of 4 teams your playoffs aren't much better than anyone elses... 

Hell this year outside of 1 team your playoffs arent that good... 

Cen10 has had a overall crappy schedule.... aside from IMG

MV.... I'll beat that dead horse another day.... 

SJB is the only one that had a good schedule.... 

MD scheduled way better than last year though....  

And then everyone else is Cannon Fodder... 

LBP? They arent squat.... False Bravado... 

RC? Maybe they do something... 

Chaminade? Idk I havent seen enough of them.... 

But you know what the bad part is.... 

You'll pass whatever teams get in off as Good teams then say"They'd win state in another state" or "They'd be elite in another state". 

But then they get ran off the field by the same 3/4 teams.... 

By scores like 50-14

49-14 etc.... 

But you say they'd be good in another state?  

Like that idiot who said "LBP would win state in GA." "LBP would ve competitive in GA" but they got blown out 50-14 by Chaminade who got ripped asunder in the next round... 

Then they lost 49-7 to MV who got blown out by RC... 

Yea they'd be competitive alright.... 

Competitive in the Stay at home bowl.... 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I think MD is Good but this is not the best team ever...  

Then on top of all that... 

Aside from SJB 

MD's opponents have been Average at best.... 

If it was 2016 BG they probably would've lost. 

Then Bishop Amat is a trainwreck... 

And BC is also a hot mess.... 

Dude MD's schedule hasn't been spectacular... its better than most. But its nothing we haven't seen before. 

Then we'll get to hear about how FANTASTIC the SS-D1 Disaster playoffs are...  

And we all know how it is. 

Outside of 4 teams your playoffs aren't much better than anyone elses... 

Hell this year outside of 1 team your playoffs arent that good... 

Cen10 has had a overall crappy schedule.... aside from IMG

MV.... I'll beat that dead horse another day.... 

SJB is the only one that had a good schedule.... 

MD scheduled way better than last year though....  

And then everyone else is Cannon Fodder... 

LBP? They arent squat.... False Bravado... 

RC? Maybe they do something... 

Chaminade? Idk I havent seen enough of them.... 

But you know what the bad part is.... 

You'll pass whatever teams get in off as Good teams then say"They'd win state in another state" or "They'd be elite in another state". 

But then they get ran off the field by the same 3/4 teams.... 

By scores like 50-14

49-14 etc.... 

But you say they'd be good in another state?  

Like that idiot who said "LBP would win state in GA." "LBP would ve competitive in GA" but they got blown out 50-14 by Chaminade who got ripped asunder in the next round... 

Then they lost 49-7 to MV who got blown out by RC... 

Yea they'd be competitive alright.... 

Competitive in the Stay at home bowl.... 

If LBP was in Westlake side of the bracket last year they may have made GA big boys semi finals 

26 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

You appreciate TOP Cali teams, because you are ALSO a product of the ARENA FOOTBALL LEAGUE mentality! First one to a HUNNERED, WINS!xD NO fucking D ANYWHERE! MD's secondary is a FUCKING JOKE!

Dude - You need to stop attacking me like that.  I agree about MD.  

I don't pull for any team that does not play some quality defense.  

However, If you are really paying attention then you should being noticing many of the big game here are starting to be much lower scoring.

This Allen team is flat getting after it on defense as is many of the other teams in this state.

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

Dude - You need to stop attacking me like that.  I agree about MD.  

I don't pull for any team that does not play some quality defense.  

However, If you are really paying attention then you should being noticing many of the big game here are starting to be much lower scoring.

This Allen team is flat getting after it on defense as is many of the other teams in this state.

Seems to be a trend in many of the power states this season in all honesty. Not sure if the offenses are just all down or there has been a larger premium placed on defense this year, but of all the teams we follow closely on here, defenses are appearing stronger this season.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

#8 didn’t even play in BG game...Nikko and Bru have had more catches this year then St Brown. JT has been spreading the ball around. I’m really happy with how the season has gone so far, could be worse...we could have 2 loses 😜

• Haha 1

Just now, Ararar said:

Maybe not but they might have beaten Lowndes if Westlake did

Doubt it.... 

LBP is not that good.... 

But I'm not about to argue about Last years results...

I know thats what you californians like to do since last years results roll over into this years... 

Pathetic and Stupid... 

And I thought the GHSA was Ignorant.... 

The CIF got us beat in the Dumb State organization department... 

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Doubt it.... 

LBP is not that good.... 

But I'm not about to argue about Last years results...

I know thats what you californians like to do since last years results roll over into this years... 

Pathetic and Stupid... 

And I thought the GHSA was Ignorant.... 

The CIF got us beat in the Dumb State organization department... 

Don’t get hurt because a no longer elite LBP may have been the fourth best team in GA. Westlake and Lowndes were not elite either

• Haha 1

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Seems to be a trend in many of the power states this season in all honesty. Not sure if the offenses are just all down or there has been a larger premium placed on defense this year, but of all the teams we follow closely on here, defenses are appearing stronger this season.

I can tell you that Allen has placed larger premium on defense since this new staff arrived last year.

Katy has always been good defense.

The other part is that Texas has been the ring leader of the spread offense ---getting the ball into open spaces to some of the country's best and fastest players.  It can be really hard to defend at times...Just ask Alabama when they played Oklahoma in the 2014 Sugar Bowl giving up 45 point.  Then the next year gave up 42 points in the loss vs Ohio st in the sugar bowl - That same year Alabama and Auburn played 55-44 game.

I would rather see my team lose 10-13 game like TX did today.

None of this means it can't be defended...However, when so many of the teams run some sort of the spread offense you are going to see higher scoring games especially when it is ran with good qb's and quality skill kids.

This Allen defense is extremely fast with ball hawks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ORabidOne said:

Geez Rab, this is only 1/10th as vicious as I expected.  Did you rub off too much energy thinking about the fine Tift female athletic supporters (translation: cheerleaders)?  Your team and coaches must have been watching them too, while everyone else watched Blue Devils parading into your end zone like bands marching down Colorado Blvd in Pasadena on New Year's Day.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

And this statement here proves you dont know what you're talking about... 

Westlake didn't even finish top 10... 

I know right they only made the big boy semis but a LBP team that YOU said wouldn’t have been top 5 in GA couldn’t have done the same.You’re really helping me make my point

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ararar said:

I know right they only made the big boy semis but a LBP team that YOU said wouldn’t have been top 5 in GA couldn’t have done the same.You’re really helping me make my point

Dude Westlake went 10-4... 

Almost lost to Etowah in the 2nd Round... they beat Etowah on a last second miracle... 

They beat Lowndes on a Last second miracle... 

Roswell whooped their Ass.... 

Westlake had the least competitive route in 7A... and still somehow found a way to nearly blow it not once but twice... 

And so you know they finished #15 in state... 

Just because you make it to the 7A semi's doesnt mean you're the best school in the state... 

So sure... 

LBP would've finished #15 in Ga... 

I think what you and other Californians fail to realize is that Size and Class doesnt mean everything... its not like it is out there where if you're in D1 you're automatically better than everyone else...

If Westlake had've been in say Colquitt or Mceacherns Bracket... 

They would've lost in the 2nd Round

All of Westlakes Losses where Blowouts except for 1... 

They had 4 losses... 

26-7 to Langston Hughes

41-3 to Cartersville 

6-2 to Mceachern 

35-0 to Roswell. 

So sure LBP wouldve been an average 4 loss team in GA...