Alabama Senate seat...

DBP66

1 hour ago, DBP66 said:

Sweet home Alabama?...scary place

More Than 50 Alabama Pastors Are Publicly Supporting Roy Moore

HuffPost Antonia Blumberg,HuffPost 4 hours ago

Fifty-three pastors in Alabama have signed a letter throwing their support behind Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore, who has been accused of sexually assaulting multiple women.

“For decades, Roy Moore has been an immovable rock in the culture wars ― a bold defender of the ‘little guy,’ a just judge to those who came before his court, a warrior for the unborn child, defender of the sanctity of marriage, and a champion for religious liberty,” the pastors wrote. Their letter was posted to the Facebook page of Kayla Moore, the candidate’s wife, on Sunday and published Monday on Alabama news site AL.com.

The letter detailed the two times Moore was suspended from court during his tenures as chief justice of Alabama ― first for refusing to take down a Ten Commandments plaque in his courtroom and later for defying federal orders on same-sex marriage.

The pastors described these incidents as evidence of Moore’s “unwavering faith in God and his immovable convictions for Biblical principles.”

The letter did not address that multiple women have accused Moore of sexual misconduct when he was in his 30s and they were teenagers. 

“We are ready to join the fight and send a bold message to Washington: dishonesty, fear of man, and immorality are an affront to our convictions and our Savior and we won’t put up with it any longer,” the pastors wrote. “We urge you to join us at the polls to cast your vote for Roy Moore.” 

“The Washington establishment has declared all-out war on his campaign,” they added.

Roy Moore, who is slated to face Democrat Doug Jones in a Dec. 12 special election to fill the Senate seat vacated by Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

The National Republican Senatorial Committee, the Senate’s campaign arm, severed its ties with Moore on Friday. The committee’s decision came one day after The Washington Post reported that four women had said Moore pursued them when they were teenagers and he was in his 30s. One woman, Leigh Corfman, said she was 14 years old when Moore sexually assaulted her in 1979.

Another woman, Beverly Young Nelson, came forward with allegations on Monday. She said in a press conference that she met Moore while working as a waitress roughly four decades ago. Nelson said Moore offered to give her a ride home one night in 1977. But instead of taking her home, she said, he drove around the restaurant and assaulted her. 

“I thought that he was going to rape me,” she said.

“He looked at me, and he told me, ‘You’re just a child.’ And he said, ‘I am the district attorney of Etowah County, and if you tell anyone about this, no one will ever believe you,’” she added. 

Yeah the people of Alabama really give a fuck what you think of them

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DBP66 said:

Sweet home Alabama?...scary place

More Than 50 Alabama Pastors Are Publicly Supporting Roy Moore

I was watching the coverage of this and was literally shocked at the statements from newspaper writers, local Alabama politicians, pastors and folks in the street.  

I think we all though of Alabama as a low IQ state but to hear these people from all walks of life speak is rather unsettling. No more laughing, no more jokes. It's a real problem. 

"God forgives so I forgive" was the dominate theme.  

and then Moore, just mimics Trump. "Fake news" and the populous believes him. 

This guy was  twice removed from the Alabama Supreme Court! How hard is that to do? This is Alabama. 

This is a sad, sad time for America. Not just Moore but Trump just came back from elevating China to the world leader. We are living the blackest time in American history seems fair to say. Never again to be what we were. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I was watching the coverage of this and was literally shocked at the statements from newspaper writers, local Alabama politicians, pastors and folks in the street.  

I think we all though of Alabama as a low IQ state but to hear these people from all walks of life speak is rather unsettling. No more laughing, no more jokes. It's a real problem. 

This guy was  twice removed from the Alabama Supreme Court! How hard is that to do? This is Alabama. 

This is a sad, sad time for America. Not just Moore but Trump just came back from elevating China to the world leader. We are living the blackest time in American history seems fair to say. Never again to be what we were. 

Alabama voters can see thru the charade that is being presented and they will vote Moore in December. More people are flocking to Moore now then ever

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

Drama.gif

Missed ya, man. Welcome back. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, concha said:

Hey, I'm curious...

Who here is following the Menendez case?

Hell, who here has actually even heard of it?

And what on earth does this have to does with the thread?

Please don't answer.

(as a point of fact, he was my rep when I lived in NJ. I never voted for him. Typical Hudson County guy. Mob, politicians, corruptions. They are all dirty, it's who can you catch. )

4 minutes ago, ResidentTroll said:

Insane..Followed this for a long time.  Can't stand watching or even following now....

Local newspapers and media are in 'ridiculous' mode....

Guess which case has been out there for years, affects a sitting senator but yet has a fraction of the coverage versus the other?

Our professional, objective, non-partisan press in action.

3 hours ago, concha said:

Guess which case has been out there for years, affects a sitting senator but yet has a fraction of the coverage versus the other?

Our professional, objective, non-partisan press in action.

That Fraction is REALLY good tho....

Our professional, objective, non-partisan press in action: Last headline I read on NJ.com was:

Menendez juror: 'They are just trying to throw a good man under the bus'

Nice...... that these are the stories while the jury is still deliberating.....don'tcha think???

5 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Alabama voters can see thru the charade that is being presented and they will vote Moore in December. More people are flocking to Moore now then ever

and that women crying on the news and giving her detailed account of what happened was a charade?....you Trumpers are out of your minds...

22 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

and that women crying on the news and giving her detailed account of what happened was a charade?....you Trumpers are out of your minds...

Where was your outrage when Clinton was raping women and his wife covering up for him then trying to destroy the accuser's? You are a hypocritical pathetic little turd.

...this nut is the best Alabama got??

Roy Moore May Have Been Banned From A Mall For Harassing Teen Girls In 1980s

HuffPost Alanna Vagianos,HuffPost 4 hours ago
d4697dfc4772d6fab8faf7cdec8c88b7 Roy Moore, now a Republican Senate candidate, was known for “badgering teenage girls” at an Alabama mall in the 1980s, The New Yorker reports.

Roy Moore, now a Republican Senate candidate, was known for “badgering teenage girls” at an Alabama mall in the 1980s, The New Yorker reports

Reporter Charles Bethea spoke with over a dozen people who worked or spent time at the Gadsden Mall during that time. They said there were many rumors that Moore was on a list of people banned from the establishment.

Moore has been accused of giving a 14-year-old girl alcohol and touching her inappropriately in 1979, when he was 32 years old, The Washington Post reported last week. Three other women told the publication that Moore pursued them when they were between 16 and 18 years old. On Monday, another woman accused Moore of sexually assaulting her when she was 16. Moore has denied the allegations.

Two of these women say Moore attempted to pick them up when they were at the Gadsden Mall. 

Greg Legat, who worked at the mall in the 1980s, told Bethea that he remembers Moore was banned from the shopping center starting around 1979. Legat recalled that the mall was often “filled” with unchaperoned teens. 

A local police officer, J.D. Thomas, reportedly often asked Legat to keep an eye out for Moore. ”‘If you see Moore here, tell me. I’ll take care of him,’” Legat remembers Thomas telling him, according to The New Yorker. 

Alabama journalist Glynn Wilson reported Sunday that he had heard similar allegations: “Sources tell me Moore was actually banned from the Gadsden Mall and the YMCA for his inappropriate behavior of soliciting sex from young girls.” 

Other people who frequented the mall during the 1980s told The New Yorker they believed Moore had been banned for “trying to pick up younger girls.”

Two police officers who worked in the area at the time also told Bethea that Moore was known for hanging around the mall to find dates.