Ga posters give us your North Gwinnett vs Colquitt score.

HooverOutlaw

Hair On Fire is a true fan.  He lives and breathes North Gwinnett football.  I love his stuff...especially his sing-a-longs....(Smile).  And yes...I'll give him the ULTIMATE compliment....

He could live in Colquitt County !!!!

But just for the record...

I never liked North Gwinnett.

NEVER !!!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Undefeated teams from top 5-10 power states should always be ranked come season's end. 

Except North is not undefeated. 

There will be no big school undefeated state champ this season. Both 7A and 6A have teams with losses matching up for their respective championships. 

And, I'd venture a guess that not one of them cares where you rank them nationally. I'd also venture a guess that they'd all 4 knock off some of the top 25 teams that you do have ranked. 

This is what's important to these kids this season...

IMG_4590-M.jpg.58a27bf8bfbd0eb9ae59237752837f54.jpg

Colquitt will be back loaded with seniors next season though. Expecting that lofty ranking that comes when you stay at the top of a power state for multiple years. 

One maybe would venture that it would be a once in a generation team if you placed them in SoCal, but, they're in Georgia so they'll just be top shelf. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Undefeated teams from top 5-10 power states should always be ranked come season's end. 

It would be fair to have that opinion  that but it is also fair to say that a team should be a top 25 team to receive the award. (ranking) Under your template a more deserving team may well be left unrecognized. 

22 hours ago, noonereal said:

true, but would NG deserve it? 

No matter what...

If Colquitt pulls this out and beats North Gwinnett...

They deserve to be Top 15... Top 10 maybe...

They traveled from South GA to Metro Atl to beat , at the time 11-0, Walton 28-21

Then they traveled from South GA to Metro Atl to beat, at the time 12-0, Archer 12-7

Then they traveled from South GA to Metro Atl to beat, at the time 11-2, Brookwood 31-14...

And then theyd have traveled back to the city of Atlanta from South GA again, to beat then 13-1 North Gwinnett...

Thats traveling to Metro Atl 4 times beating teams that were a combined 47-3 in back to back to back to back weeks... And all 3 of those loses were to one of the other 3 teams (Brookwoods 2 losses were to Walton & Archer.. And NGs loss was to Walton) ... None of those 4 teams have losses outside of a combined 3 to each other

Itd be one of the more impressive things Ive seen in GA FB

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

No matter what...

If Colquitt pulls this out and beats North Gwinnett...

They deserve to be Top 15... Top 10 maybe...

They traveled from South GA to Metro Atl to beat , at the time 11-0, Walton 28-21

Then they traveled from South GA to Metro Atl to beat, at the time 12-0, Archer 12-7

Then they traveled from South GA to Metro Atl to beat, at the time 11-2, Brookwood 31-14...

And then theyd have traveled back to the city of Atlanta from South GA again, to beat then 13-1 North Gwinnett...

Thats traveling to Metro Atl 4 times beating teams that were a combined 47-3 in back to back to back to back weeks... And all 3 of those loses were to one of the other 3 teams (Brookwoods 2 losses were to Walton & Archer.. And NGs loss was to Walton) ... None of those 4 teams have losses outside of a combined 3 to each other

Itd be one of the more impressive things Ive seen in GA FB

Not sure about top 10-15, but I definitely agree with your sentiment. I have Colquitt as a top 25 team this week. Playing all playoff games on the road and winning in the largest class in a top 5 state is simply an outstanding achievement. 

After running through my Ohio/Georgia playoff projection, I developed a far better,(but still limited) understanding of GA football. Consider me thoroughly  impressed with the run Colquitt has made thus far

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coletrain06 said:

Not sure about top 10-15, but I definitely agree with your sentiment. I have Colquitt as a top 25 team this week. Playing all playoff games on the road and winning in the largest class in a top 5 state is simply an outstanding achievement. 

After running through my Ohio/Georgia playoff projection, I developed a far better,(but still limited) understanding of GA football. Consider me thoroughly  impressed with the run Colquitt has made thus far

These teams that Colquitt rose up from the ashes to beat were not roody poohs either. Archer was consensus top 25. Walton and Brookwood are both top 100. North Gwinnett is top 100. 

This has been one of the most amazing seasons I can remember, simply because of the Coaching job that has been done to get these young men up every week to travel to hostile territory. They believed they were good enough after the Lowndes game, and the coaches seized that belief and molded it into a 2000+ mile trip to the Benz. 

Win or lose this weekend they have accomplished what most said they couldn't do, but, losing isn't an option once you've been through this much. It's just not. And you better believe the boys think just that way too. 

War on Saturday at 8 p.m. 

4 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

heres the top 100 opponents for Colquitt

Tift 

Brookwood 

Walton 

Archer 

Lowndes 

North Gwinnett-Championship. 

Rather Bishop Sullivan was top 100 is debateable... but I'd put Colquitt in the 15-25 range... 

This may be your worst post ever. :(

What kind of logic are you using to say that a team that went 3-3 vs top 110 teams, and it's top win is vs #85, is #15 in the country? 

Sullivan is 300. fyi

-------------------------------

They lost to # 66, they went 1-1 vs #85, they beat # 87 in a very tight game. 

Seems pretty clear to anyone looking objectively that this puts them right around #85. A place where they indeed went 1-1.

That they enjoy a # 41 rank at present is tribute to poor post season calculations Ned invokes. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

These teams that Colquitt rose up from the ashes to beat were not roody poohs either. Archer was consensus top 25. Walton and Brookwood are both top 100. North Gwinnett is top 100. 

Did you ever think Archer was a top 25 team? Honest. We all knew they weren't. 

-----------------

I will agree, win or lose, Rush did another very good job. 

22 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Did you ever think Archer was a top 25 team? Honest. We all knew they weren't. 

-----------------

I will agree, win or lose, Rush did another very good job. 

Well Nor, your go to source had them as such, along with everyone else that has published polls. I'm just a message board poster just like you, so I don't think it really matters what we think. The best we can do is point out what the real polls think. No? 

Sometimes we agree with them, and sometimes we don't. When it comes to Georgia teams in the polls, you never seem to agree. It's your thing, and I'm glad you have something to cling onto. 

Hell, I don't think half the teams I see in the top 25 are really top 25, but it makes no difference, because there they are none-the-less. :D

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well Nor, your go to source had them as such, along with everyone else that has published polls. I'm just a message board poster just like you, so I don't think it really matters what we think. The best we can do is point out what the real polls think. No? 

Sometimes we agree with them, and sometimes we don't. When it comes to Georgia teams in the polls, you never seem to agree. It's your thing, and I'm glad you have something to cling onto. 

Hell, I don't think half the teams I see in the top 25 are really top 25, but it makes no difference, because there they are none-the-less. :D

GA teams are generally overrated in polls. Has been that way forever. SC, AL, LA, AR teams too. 

Other state are traditionally undervalued but thankfully that is changing. 

I'll leave it at that but you did not answer, do you think Archer is a top 25 team? 

--------------------------

It does not matter

at seasons end, USAToday will have it's final poll and that will be that no matter what you, I or reason says. 

Just now, noonereal said:

GA teams are generally overrated in polls. Has been that way forever. SC, AL, LA, AR teams too. 

Other state are traditionally undervalued but thankfully that is changing. 

I'll leave it at that but you did not answer, do you think Archer is a top 25 team? 

--------------------------

It does not matter

at seasons end, USAToday will have it's final poll and that will be that no matter what you, I or reason says. 

I personally remember trying to understand how Archer got to the top 25 as they climbed in there. I remember chastising Sammy for elevating them in his tiers mess too. So, I think my body of work on here this season says, NO, I never thought Archer to be top 25. Does that mean I have any idea of where they belong in the rankings of HSFB nationally... Nope. And you don't either. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I personally remember trying to understand how Archer got to the top 25 as they climbed in there. I remember chastising Sammy for elevating them in his tiers mess too. So, I think my body of work on here this season says, NO, I never thought Archer to be top 25. Does that mean I have any idea of where they belong in the rankings of HSFB nationally... Nope. And you don't either. 

I just saw the national top 100, Colquitt is ranked #93. 

just sayin'

I know you have been on the "They need to earn it" crusade. And of course mostly, we go round and round that this state is a public school dominated state, and the jet setting just isn't feasible.

More and more teams stretch their schedules each season though. Teams like Colquitt and Grayson have been sticking their chins out there each season. Of course, Colquitt longer than most. They are trying to earn it with the funding and parameters they have to work with. It's the best we are gonna get I think. 

At the beginning of the season, Bishop Sullivan was being hailed as a ground breaking game for Colquitt. Some talent laden private school from y'all's area up there. Then upon touting a nice country ass whooping, all the same folks touting them as a ground breaking match-up for Colquitt bailed. 

I'm about sick of the bullcrap from people that claim we aren't doing what we need to do to earn lofty rankings. Setting agendas, and then shedding them like a damn snake does their own skin when that agenda didn't work. 

Line the stupid privates up in line down here and let's watch as they get chopped down just like the Atlanta shools this season.

Image result for chopping with an axe gif

• Like 2