Ga posters give us your North Gwinnett vs Colquitt score.

HooverOutlaw

I like the 28-24 prediction. It could be a td higher for both teams. 35-31. The Pack denies North Gwinnett their first state title. Too much history against North right now with the Corky Kell loss and only two teams having lost the Corky going on to win the championship since 1996. One of those being Camden. They're sat home right now with North's old coach trying to rebuild a program, while the one he built before makes it to the big show in his absence.The other being Brookwood who got evicted from the playoffs on their own field last week. 

Not that it can't happen, but, history is on the side of it not happening. The Pack doesn't have the seniors like North has. The Pack has been still making those penalty mistakes while North doesn't as often. North is a solid across the board squad. Colquitt is surely the underdog, just like they have been ever since the Brookwood loss early on. 

In spite of all that, Colquitt will play a clean(er) game on the fast turf in the dome and do just enough to keep North from lifting their first trophy. 

Colquitt's helmet will be enshrined in the champions display at the Benz until next year. 

GO PACK! 

3 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I'm not sure Leggett has even fumbled the ball two times in 14 games...

I could see Krajewski turning the ball over and costing us the game before Leggett.

Don't let DAD hear this, or he'll be calling Uncle Rush! But I think that Steven has come too far, and gone through too much to lose NOW!

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I like the 28-24 prediction. It could be a td higher for both teams. 35-31. The Pack denies North Gwinnett their first state title. Too much history against North right now with the Corky Kell loss and only two teams having lost the Corky going on to win the championship since 1996. One of those being Camden. They're sat home right now with North's old coach trying to rebuild a program, while the one he built before makes it to the big show in his absence.The other being Brookwood who got evicted from the playoffs on their own field last week. 

Not that it can't happen, but, history is on the side of it not happening. The Pack doesn't have the seniors like North has. The Pack has been still making those penalty mistakes while North doesn't as often. North is a solid across the board squad. Colquitt is surely the underdog, just like they have been ever since the Brookwood loss early on. 

In spite of all that, Colquitt will play a clean(er) game on the fast turf in the dome and do just enough to keep North from lifting their first trophy. 

Colquitt's helmet will be enshrined in the champions display at the Benz until next year. 

GO PACK! 

And we're FINALLY the HOME team, 200 miles away from MACK THARPE!:)

Like Coach ProPst said at halftime, last weekend! "I'm not leaving this stadium until we WIN!"

45 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

N. Gwinnett needs to win to secure the state of GA its one Top 25 team in the final nat'l polls. #parity

If Rome beats Warner Robins handily... keeping them out is a fucked up move if South Pointe is even close at all.

If you take out the limit, Rome is one of the best PR performers at CalPreps in the country in the playoffs (lol, this is fun) 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

N. Gwinnett needs to win to secure the state of GA its one Top 25 team in the final nat'l polls. #parity

And considering our 2nd Rd losers are kicking the asses of State Champs (its coming...) in AL and LA...

Our small schools like Hapeville Charter losing by 1 to the #2 team in AL... our #1 1A Private beating a 5A TN State Champ by 45...

A 3A Semifinalist losing to the #2 CO team by 6...

Our 4A Title game participant Blessed Trinity beat TN #6 McCallie worst than TN #1 Brentwood Academy did both time...

A 4A 2nd Rd loser beating a FL 7A Title Game participant...

Lil 5A Rome beating Buford by 32 more points than Top 25 South Pointe...

Call it parity or whatever you want... we'll just call it being better than you.

Well let's look at the numbers

North Gwinnett is averaging 39.2.

Colquitt is averaging only 30.4.

advantage North Gwinnett

North Gwinnett is giving up 16.5 a game

colquitt gives up 17 a game

push

North Gwinnett and colquitt have two common opponents, norcross and walton

Colquitt beat both by a margin of 10 points combined

North Gwinnett went 1-1 by a margin of 18 points.

so after all that the math says NG by ten... lets say 35-24 type score.... but I'll say 24-21 colquitt with he win

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

If Rome beats Warner Robins handily... keeping them out is a fucked up move if South Pointe is even close at all.

If you take out the limit, Rome is one of the best PR performers at CalPreps in the country in the playoffs (lol, this is fun) 

WHAT'S Rome's body of work? They ain't PLAYED ANYBODY! Even with Justin Mills, Harrison was suspect! 

On the news right now, the biggest stat I've heard this season... Colquitt on the road, has destroyed their playoff competition 120-49. Walton, Archer and Brookwood all top 100 teams. Archer consensus top 25 until finding out that Colquitt's defense was better. 

120-49 total score on the road so far this playoff season. 

1 hour ago, ron169 said:

@ECHS05, school me on north Gwinnett... How's their kicker? Offensive strengths? Weaknesses? Key player in each side if the ball... I know you know the low down. @ATLien12x, feel free to join in this

Offensively

Tyler Goodson their RB is a hoss. He’s committed to Southern Miss. #5. Averages 8 ypc and he has 25 touchdowns in 14 games. He is their horse and their closer. He is the “you go, we go” guy on their team 

Josh Downs #14 is a hell of a receiver. Offers from Cincinnati and Boston College so far. He’s only a Sophmore! Makes all the big time catches

They mix it up really well. Offensively similar to Colquitt. Run a spread shotgun formation but they will run it more than they will throw it. They throw the deep ball more than I’ve seen Colquitt do this year. The threat of the pass is consistently there with N Gwinnett. Something Colquitt didn’t have to stress as much against Brookwood as their QB wasn’t good. N Gwinnett’s QB Urzua is good. He’s not a superstar but he runs their system well. QBs are comparable though imo. Not much separation on either side.  NG is gonna take their chances down field and then they’re gonna let #5 his his holes. Honestly their offense is the best in state to me this year. Most complete. Colquitt brings a great balance. That’s what NG does too. 

Defensively

Three Star #8 McDonald is a man amongst boys. Committed to Rutgers. Not quite JJ Peterson level but damn he’s up there. Bigger and stronger than most. Blows up plays. High motor. He’s an outside backer - lined up down on the line as a defensive end a lot - always making tackles across the field and shit. Just a great player. 

4 Star defensive back DJ turner (listed as CB) but plays safety is probably the best in the state. Offers from Alabama, Auburn, Florida and Clemson. I’ve covered him his 7th and 8th grade years and I can say he’s one of the best kids in class of 2019 I covered regardless of position 

Early assessment

This is a major test. This is like the Iron Bowl for me (hopefully with a better outcome) you’re gonna be nervous. Gonna be on pins and needles. They’re gonna score points. Prepare for that. Propst will prepare for that. Deep breaths, keep the composure, and Colquitt will respond. Their defense hasn’t seen many offenses as balanced and good as Colquitt when clicking. That said, North Gwinnett is the best offense Colquitt has probably seen all year (could maybe argue Lowndes) and their defense is top 4-5. Not as good as Archer defensively but so much better offensively that it balances out. They keep their defense fresh by putting drives together. You can run on N Gwinnett though - just go away from #8. Grayson had sucesss with it. 

Im picking Colquitt because of Propst and the mission this team is on. I also believe in the system and the players. But it’s gonna be super close and it’s like %52-48%my opinion who wins. Colquitt has to bring their A game. It’s a pick em . I’ll have my GHSA State champ picks and run downs on Thursday @ron169

• Thanks 1