GEICO Bowl: Chandler 55, Miami Northwestern 20 - Final

ECHS05

Just now, Ararar said:

Bingham is one dimensional.Not much of a challenge for a defense like SFA

So can anyone help me to understand how a one dimensional team like Bingham gets ranked top 10 in the country? 

I mean, I like Bingham and all, but, one dimensional doesn't scream, "We're top 25 out of 16,000 schools."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So can anyone help me to understand how a one dimensional team like Bingham gets ranked top 10 in the country? 

I mean, I like Bingham and all, but, one dimensional doesn't scream, "We're top 25 out of 16,000 schools."

Well it’s like a great fighter once said, it’s not what you do it’s how well you do it

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Because its USAToday...

And everyone overrated how good East SLC UT was too... When Bingham beat them badly everyone went oohhh and ahhhh

It shouldnt have to be said again, but these national polls are awful...especially USAToday.

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

They are 5th in the 8 poll comp poll. 

Everybody likes to overrate Bingham every season.

The tthing is... It started with their 48-17 blasting of an overrated East UT team. That got them a huge bump in the rankings. And from the rest of the season on they doominated UT schools so there was no real reason to drop them.

Watch closely... Early in the season, certain teams will get a lot of credit for winning a certain game (like STA vs SJB)... And people dont know enough yet to realize it wasnt that big of a deal... And people arent going to drop them especially if they go undefeated like Bingham did.

Bingham got rated high early solely based on blasting East... And just never gave a legit reason to drop them... They beat Kahuku HI 17-0 also.

But all those UT teams, no matter how good they appear... Are hard to ever take serious.

East was thought so high of by morons because they beat,DLS last year. And when Bingham blasted them... Well the rest is history.

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Haven't they consistently held their own against very highly ranked OOS teams in recent years?

They've come up short, but the games have been close, haven't they?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Haven't they consistently held their own against very highly ranked OOS teams in recent years?

They've come up short, but the games have been close, haven't they?

Maybe so, but this Bingham team is not very good. I honestly don't have a ton of faith in SFA being top 25 either, but, hell, I guess some teams have to be ranked top 25. May as well be the ones that lose close games to other teams in the top 25 or so. 

Just now, nptb17 said:

Bingham plays defense.  They have stuck around in every OOS game I've seen them.  

I see they do play defense. And I agree, I've seen them a few times over the last few years and they have a way of sticking around with most everyone. 

Their O-line is getting destroyed in this game though. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

I see they do play defense. And I agree, I've seen them a few times over the last few years and they have a way of sticking around with most everyone. 

Their O-line is getting destroyed in this game though. 

SFA defense is really laying the wood.  SFA doesn't respect the Bingham offense at all.

• Like 1

USATodays Top 25..

1. Mater Dei CA - Ok

2. IMG Academy USA - Ok

3. Allen TX - Top 10 but not sold on them at #3...

4. American Heritage (Plantation) FL - hard to argue... The 1 knock is some games were close that shouldnt of been.

5. South Pointe SC - they are good... But come on #5? Their best win is vs. Buford 33-27... Why dont Georgia teams get this much credit for beating Buford? Rome beat them 45-7.

6. Brentwood Academy TN - that Bishop Dunne TX game was really bad.

.... How the hell can you justift BA at #6? USAT just doesnt care anymore.

7. Ben Davis IN - anywhere from 4-9 is ok for BD... But Brentwood and South Pointe shouldnt be over them.

8. Bingham UT - beat a bunch of Utah teams and Kahuku... 8 is ridiculous..

9. Louisville Trinity KY - sure.. 9 works... Thats the ceiling though, they are a 9-15 team...

10. Bishop Gorman NV - Idk... Anywhere from 8-20 could be right for BG

11. St. Frances Academy MD - their schedule is a knock against them... But it helps they are exposing an overrated Bingham team... SFA looks right in the 6-12 range.

12. Pine-Richland PA - I cant see how they could be #12... But hey they did some good stuff... No knock coming from me...

13. Wake Forest NC - no..just no... They may actually be this good, but their schedule was simply awful

14. St. John Bosco CA - a little low... A 5-10 team

15. De La Salle CA - get this crap out of here FFS

16. St. John's DC - did lose to DLS, but they beat DLS 9 out of 10 times... Especially on a neutral field...

17. Pearl MS - too high... 30-40 range sure

18. Martinsburg WV - I doubt this team is in the Top 180... Much less #18... Ridiculous...

19. Venice FL - MNW probably deserves to be ahead of Venice... Not sold on Venice as Top 25 but they are good...

20. Lincoln-Way East IL - 30-35 range

21. Owasso OK - 40-50 range

22. Chandler AZ - ok sure, this works

23. North Gwinnett GA - 16-20 range

24. Muskegon MI - while I like these guys more than most people... I think we can all agree they are not Top 25

25. West Point MS - I can dig it.. This team is right about where it should be... Very athletic..