We Know One DLS Non-Conference Opponent

PrepGridiron

19 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

So they can ALL verify they were in talks with DLS? Great info. No game. 

No answers why. 

Highly questionable. 

I can call anyone I want to play tomorrow and we can be in "talks" about a game. 

Here is what I know. 

• DLS was in talks with at least two of GA's best programs. 
  • These conversations were known independently by other posters on this board 
  • DLS and the GA teams could not make the ends work (I don't know why)
  • There was another GA team, but the teams did not connect
  • East made sense for dates and money

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Here is what I know. 

That's too bad about no Ga game but getting another shot at East is cool.  Maybe Ga game in 19.  

35 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Here is what I know. 

The GA team would have been fun but no shame in scheduling East (unless you like to see teams throw the ball). East and BG are both “national” programs and kudos to DLS for taking the risk in play them.

1 minute ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

If Folsom scheduled East, everyone would be crying foul and saying "that team is weak you should have scheduled SJB!"

Classic. 

If Folsom scheduled anyone with even a remote chance of beating them, we'd have a collective heart attack.  

You guys won't even bring Clayton Valley back around.  

Sad.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, GloryDays said:

If Folsom scheduled anyone with even a remote chance of beating them, we'd have a collective heart attack.  

You guys won't even bring Clayton Valley back around.  

Sad.

Clayton Valley already got beat and that was one of their best teams. They didn't play us until we graduated 11 D1 players. They still lost. 

Just waiting for you to step up like they did and take a chance. 

1 minute ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Clayton Valley already got beat and that was one of their best teams. They didn't play us until we graduated 11 D1 players. They still lost. 

Just waiting for you to step up like they did and take a chance. 

You really are bad at this.

Dreadful.

I might need to go back on sabbatical.

4 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

The Georgia conversations with DLS were all real and there were several teams in the mix. I know a handful of people that can independently verify this. For whatever reasons they didn't materialize. 

That matchups been years in the making... GA vs DLS...

Mariettas kinda new to the big boy stage... Their talents 2020 guys... Id have a lot more faith in North Gwinnett.

12 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Both those teams are second tier in Cali. Not worth traveling to Ga for since you guys shun travel. 

You realize the only OOS teams Folsom has played in the last 8 years, is Coeur d'Alene.. Twice.

You dont have a seat at the OOS table, so you dont get an opinion or voice.

Youve never watched a HSFB game outside of California. Which also disqualifies your opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

You realize the only OOS teams Folsom has played in the last 8 years, is Coeur d'Alene.. Twice.

You dont have a seat at the OOS table, so you dont get an opinion or voice.

Youve never watched a HSFB game outside of California. Which also disqualifies your opinion.

Lol a GA poster lecturing me about OOS like their experts, when travel to most of their teams means going to Atlanta. 

LMFAO!

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

That matchups been years in the making... GA vs DLS...

Mariettas kinda new to the big boy stage... Their talents 2020 guys... Id have a lot more faith in North Gwinnett.

1 minute ago, Guccifer said:

What OOS teams have Marietta played?

Dont know of any. But if you paid attention at all instead of constantly trolling for an argument, youd notice I said they were new to the big boy scene.

Unlike HotBlock, Im not promoting them as the greatest program ever and knocking teams trying to play OOS with a very good up and coming team under a 3rd year HC... 

Hes talking about teams not traveling, when Folsom doesnt play OOS not does all of NorCal outside of DLS. Hard to consider Coeur d'Alene an OOS team when you are suppose to be "#1 team in NorCal".

4 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Lol a GA poster lecturing me about OOS like their experts, when travel to most of their teams means going to Atlanta. 

LMFAO!

Give me a list of Folsoms OOS opponents if you dont mind.

Georgia has been playing OOS for decades. They know a little about it, yeah.

SJC and Bergen Catholic next year. Plus they were trying for a date with DLS... They are reaching out to places they normally dont.

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Plus they were trying for a date with DLS.

Riiiiiiiiight. Like the 6 GA teams that "tried" to schedule DLS and all didn't work out? Stop it. 

It didn't work out because GA doesn't travel nor do they have the funds to travel. Not everyone wants to play in GA. Playing OOS teams is different than actually being willing to travel. 

GA is second tier. Folsom is the best team in the state of GA, figuratively. Lol!

3 hours ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

If Folsom scheduled East, everyone would be crying foul and saying "that team is weak you should have scheduled SJB!"

Classic. 

C'mon now.......I think everyone would give you a little credit if you played us.  I mean, we would be a step up from Idaho right? hahaha. 

So lets try another approach, lets compare teams of any relevance that both programs have played in the past four years:

EAST (past 4 seasons)

Kahuku (HI), Valor Christian (CO), Centennial Corona (CA), De La Salle (CA), Pulaski Academy (AR), Saguaro (AZ), Bingham (UT) IMG Academy (FL) 

(We will play De La Salle (2nd Time) and Allen (TX) this upcoming season).

FOLSOM (past 10 seasons)

St. Marys (CA), Central (CA), Helix (CA), Clayton Valley (CA), Oceanside (CA), Grant (CA), De La Salle (2X), Serra (Gardena - CA)                

Your right.....scheduling us would be going against your trend of scheduling for the past 10 years. hahahaha.

3 minutes ago, lancer3622 said:

C'mon now.......I think everyone would give you a little credit if you played us.  I mean, we would be a step up from Idaho right? hahaha. 

So lets try another approach, lets compare teams of any relevance that both programs have played in the past four years:

EAST (past 4 seasons)

Kahuku (HI), Valor Christian (CO), Centennial Corona (CA), De La Salle (CA), Pulaski Academy (AR), Saguaro (AZ), Bingham (UT)             (We will play De La Salle (2nd Time) and Allen (TX) this upcoming season).

FOLSOM (past 10 seasons)

St. Marys (CA), Central (CA), Helix (CA), Clayton Valley (CA), Oceanside (CA), Grant (CA), De La Salle (2X), Serra (Gardena - CA)                

Your right.....scheduling us would be going against your trend of scheduling for the past 10 years. hahahaha.

DLS threw you a bone because they were trying to schedule someone else and it didn't work out. Consolation prize of sorts. 

All of the scheduling stuff is fun banter but it doesn't change the fact that we would roll you. 

You travel because you have to. There are like 30 schools on your entire state. If you don't travel, you won't play anyone. With that said, we would never lose to a team from the state of Utah. 

There's a reason we didn't return your call. 

15 minutes ago, lancer3622 said:

EAST (past 4 seasons)

Kahuku (HI), Valor Christian (CO), Centennial Corona (CA), De La Salle (CA), Pulaski Academy (AR), Saguaro (AZ), Bingham (UT)             (We will play De La Salle (2nd Time) and Allen (TX) this upcoming season).

FOLSOM (past 10 seasons)

Couldn’t help noticing that you were missing a small academy out of Bradenton.