Some California news

Ararar

32 minutes ago, Ararar said:

D9 school that lost pretty badly in the second round.Thats pretty low on the totem pole out here.I would expect Permian to win but maybe the coach feels he will be better this year

11-1, league champs in a very weak league. Is Mojo that weak now?

I think they might be moved up to D8 based on 2018 results, but still....They would lose to a D2-D4 JV team. 

18 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

11-1, league champs in a very weak league. Is Mojo that weak now?

I think they might be moved up to D8 based on 2018 results, but still....They would lose to a D2-D4 JV team. 

Yea permian hasnt been the same since the 90s lol. Been a perennial 8-2 7-3 and 1st or 2nd rd elimination typa team. They should win after what i just read. West texas football is good but its a notch below dfw,htown and sa/austin football. This year was the first time in a while where a west texas team made it out of the 4th rd in 5a or up in a while. It was amarillo tascosa who lost by like 2 pts in the semis to eventual state champ longview.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Texasvic said:

Yea permian hasnt been the same since the 90s lol. Been a perennial 8-2 7-3 and 1st or 2nd rd elimination typa team. They should win after what i just read. West texas football is good but its a notch below dfw,htown and sa/austin football. This year was the first time in a while where a west texas team made it out of the 4th rd in 5a or up in a while. It was amarillo tascosa who lost by like 2 pts in the semis to eventual state champ longview.

Thanks for the info.  I would have no clue being a CA/AZ guy. 

My question is why is west Texas now a notch below? Athletes or coaching or both?

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

One thing we talked about for 2020 was maybe including DLS as the third Cali team and naming the event the "California vs The USA" tripleheader. 

Sounds good to me.  Coach Negro and I, and our film crews, would love to show our hospitality to DLS.   We would  enjoy the unique opportunity  sizing up, errrrr,  watching the Top Nor Cal team in person.

#GoFox

#DillyDilly

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

One thing we talked about for 2020 was maybe including DLS as the third Cali team and naming the event the "California vs The USA" tripleheader. 

"The knowledge gained from excelling in this type of environment is burned into the hearts and minds of everyone who fully participates."

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bigrobstercraws said:

Thanks for the info.  I would have no clue being a CA/AZ guy. 

My question is why is west Texas now a notch below? Athletes or coaching or both?

Id say both, coaching cs of old school playstyles and athletes bcs teams in west tx lack team speed(they have great size tho). They can compete and have competed really well vs good big city teams but they just cant beat em consistently. Thats why amarillo tascosa going 5 rds deep was a big deal lol, they had to beat 3 really good dallas area teams to go to the semis, (el paso team in the 1st rd) no west texas team had done that in like 15-20 years but then again that tascosa team had some of the best speed west texas had seen in a while, couple of 4.3 forty and 10.4 100meter dash  guys on that team... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kalven said:

I would like to see DLS vs teams like Oak Christian, MV or maybe Cen10.

DLS would run the table on those teams.  CEN10 might get a win here and there, depending on how many transfers they get. But MV and Oaks would not do well against them.  Just look at the Open game and how well they competed with the MNC team in MD.  Imagine what DLS would do against those kats.  Having said that, who knows this year.  Maybe DLS has a down year, for DLS standards. 

16 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

DLS would run the table on those teams.  CEN10 might get a win here and there, depending on how many transfers they get. But MV and Oaks would not do well against them.  Just look at the Open game and how well they competed with the MNC team in MD.  Imagine what DLS would do against those kats.  Having said that, who knows this year.  Maybe DLS has a down year, for DLS standards. 

Well.... I always look at it like a boxing match, style make fights. DLS went life and death with BG. The same BG team that lost to Centennial AZ who lost to East Catholic WA who was curb stomp by Oaks Christian.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Texasvic said:

Id say both, coaching cs of old school playstyles and athletes bcs teams in west tx lack team speed(they have great size tho). They can compete and have competed really well vs good big city teams but they just cant beat em consistently. Thats why amarillo tascosa going 5 rds deep was a big deal lol, they had to beat 3 really good dallas area teams to go to the semis, (el paso team in the 1st rd) no west texas team had done that in like 15-20 years but then again that tascosa team had some of the best speed west texas had seen in a while, couple of 4.3 forty and 10.4 100meter dash  guys on that team... 

Beef + a few track stars = A semi-final run in most big boy divisions in the nation.

• Like 1

It’s official 

La Habra standout junior offensive lineman Andrew Ueli-Fa’atoalia confirmed Friday that he has enrolled at two-time defending national and state champion Mater Dei. 

Ueli-Fa’atoalia (6-3, 295) said he will focus on playing offensive line. 

He could emerge as one of the Monarchs’ guards on a loaded offensive line. Mater Dei returns offensive tackles Myles Murao (6-3, 280) and Tai Marks (6-2, 313), center George Miki-Han (6-0, 300) and guard Kamuta Levasa (6-2, 310) among others.