Some California news

Ararar

Orange Lutheran junior linebacker AJ Gattoand Santa Margarita junior cornerback Mark Ard Jr. also have enrolled at the Trinity League powerhouse. 

The Loya and Gatto families and Ard confirmed the moves in recent days. 

There has been speculation that Loya would join the Braves and touted senior-to-be quarterback D.J. Uiagalelei. Loya led the Lancers in receptions last season with 73 for 1,057 yards and 11 TDs. 

Loya (6-0, 180) is an excellent route runner with sure hands. He has multiple Pac-12 offers, including Oregon, along with Nebraska among others. 

Gatto (6-4, 230) is an outside linebacker who had 24 total tackles last season at Orange Lutheran. 

Ard (6-0, 170) is a speedy cornerback who was selected OCVarsity Hot 150 before last season. He plays 7-on-7 with Groundzero, the same team that has helped develop Mater Dei’s cornerback duo of Elias Ricks and Darion Green-Warren. 

Ard has been offered by Nevada. 

St. John Bosco won the Trinity League title last season and finished as the CIF-SS Division 1 runner-up to Mater Dei.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ararar said:

Orange Lutheran junior linebacker AJ Gattoand Santa Margarita junior cornerback Mark Ard Jr. also have enrolled at the Trinity League powerhouse. 

There has been speculation that Loya would join the Braves and touted senior-to-be quarterback D.J. Uiagalelei. Loya led the Lancers in receptions last season with 73 for 1,057 yards and 11 TDs. 

Loya (6-0, 180) is an excellent route runner with sure hands. He has multiple Pac-12 offers, including Oregon, along with Nebraska among others. 

Gatto (6-4, 230) is an outside linebacker who had 24 total tackles last season at Orange Lutheran. 

Ard (6-0, 170) is a speedy cornerback who was selected OCVarsity Hot 150 before last season. He plays 7-on-7 with Groundzero, the same team that has helped develop Mater Dei’s cornerback duo of Elias Ricks and Darion Green-Warren. 

St. John Bosco won the Trinity League title last season and finished as the CIF-SS Division 1 runner-up to Mater Dei.

And the transfer train in SoCal begins....unbelievable. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah and this “team” will be pumping their chest beating neighborhood schools by 50. 

It’s the new age high school football. Gone are the days you play high school with your neighbors who you played little league with. 

Hate to say but because I don’t like hsfb trend, but I think the neighborhood little league team went away first with the specialized year round travelling team starting at 9 years old

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

I read on the OC board that MD didn't want him due to some rule the Stache has vs. accepting senior Trinity League transfers. Does he have such a rule?

Not sure it’s a rule per say but I can’t think of a sr inleague transfer ever happpening at MD.

On 1/13/2019 at 10:44 AM, Pops said:

Hate to say but because I don’t like hsfb trend, but I think the neighborhood little league team went away first with the specialized year round travelling team starting at 9 years old

I couldn’t Agree More Pop’s... This is the first year my son is Playing Year around Travel Baseball and not playing Little Leage with his Friends and he is 12...

He has been “recruited” by this team since he was 10 but I have held back on it... I let him make the choice this year after playing for them in the summer and fall.... 

It is just a whole differnt world out there today at the youth level for kids that love sports and have hopes to play in High School!.... 🙂

17 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I couldn’t Agree More Pop’s... This is the first year my son is Playing Year around Travel Baseball and not playing Little Leage with his Friends and he is 12...

He has been “recruited” by this team since he was 10 but I have held back on it... I let him make the choice this year after playing for them in the summer and fall.... 

It is just a whole differnt world out there today at the youth level for kids that love sports and have hopes to play in High School!.... 🙂

Unless you are a top athlete by far, there is no way you can make a top local HS baseball team in OC if you don't play travel ball. Even public school baseball. Way too many connections. 

I actually like the fact the top public schools in SS D1 can beat the top privates. The balance and depth of D1 is highly competitive and entertaining. Unlike football where you know 3 of the final 4, and the final 2 even before the season starts. I love how 1 seeds in baseball with future 1st round picks get bounced in the first couple rounds of the playoffs.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

Unless you are a top athlete by far, there is no way you can make a top local HS baseball team in OC if you don't play travel ball. Even public school baseball. Way too many connections. 

I actually like the fact the top public schools in SS D1 can beat the top privates. The balance and depth of D1 is highly competitive and entertaining. Unlike football where you know 3 of the final 4, and the final 2 even before the season starts. I love how 1 seeds in baseball with future 1st round picks get bounced in the first couple rounds of the playoffs.

You are so right!... And these Travel Ball Coaches “sell” you on their “connections” to the HS Coaches!.... 🙂

A far Cry from when I grew up in the OC and Played Nothing More then Local Little League Baseball and Made My HS Team....🙂

I live in Nor Cal now and would luv to dig deeper into OC HS BB with you but the rest of the dudes here might get mad....🤣🤣

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

You are so right!... And these Travel Ball Coaches “sell” you on their “connections” to the HS Coaches!.... 🙂

A far Cry from when I grew up in the OC and Played Nothing More then Local Little League Baseball and Made My HS Team....🙂

I live in Nor Cal now and would luv to dig deeper into OC HS BB with you but the rest of the dudes here might get mad....🤣🤣

Same. Screw them lol

I didn't even play locally since I moved to OC in August before my freshman year. Yet, I still made the team at El Toro, always a top baseball program. A kid like me doesn't make it past the 2nd day of try outs now. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

I won’t get mad.🍺👍

• Haha 1

On 1/12/2019 at 2:34 AM, Ararar said:

Maybe he will be defending against Malik Henry in practice.  He just walked on to UNR.

On 1/12/2019 at 3:28 PM, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah and this “team” will be pumping their chest beating neighborhood schools by 50. 

It’s the new age high school football. Gone are the days you play high school with your neighbors who you played little league with. 

Aren't you from Florida?  Shouldn't you have been use to this LONG ago?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bigrobstercraws said:

Thanks! It seems like this year doesn't have as many MD defectors going to public or other Trinity schools like most seasons. 

True so far. And on the flip side MD does not have any transfers coming in yet. ‘Yet’ being the key word since it’s still early and there may be some activity that isn’t public yet. But it’s safe to say MD is very quiet so far in regards to transfers. Bosco on the other hand has gone over the top.

• Like 1