Shooting at high school in Parkland, Fla.; multiple injuries reported

DevilDog

24 minutes ago, concha said:

So, DD, you honestly believe that a person who would walk into a school and murder kids randomly is NOT mentally disturbed?

Is that your position?

Do you think Black kids in the Ghetto that faces racism, lack of employment, poor education and constant negativity and join Gangs are NOT MENTALLY DISTURBED?  Matter of fact many have been proven to suffer from PTSD even elementary kids in those environments. Do you think a young radicalized Muslim that drives a vehicle through a crowd of innocents is not Mentally disturbed?  Why is the 1st always a thug and the latter a Terrorist and the white Kid it's immediately a Mental Health issue.

7 minutes ago, concha said:

So, instead of answering the simple question, your claim if it had been a black kid with obvious mental health issues, we'd be looking at this differently. 

How? Seeing as walls and immigration reform would have nothing to with it?

All about race...

It's ABOUT RACE because white People have always made things about Race.  Ask any fucking body that is not WHITE.  DID Dale Hansen make it about race by acknowledging this is an issue that is majority white culprits or is he being realistic.  Every thing negative about Blacks, Muslims and immigrants are in fact about their Race.  Regardless if you want to sugar coat it or not. WHY DO THESE GROUPS THINK TRUMP IS A RACIST AND YOU DON'T? 

Just heard that one of the victims was a former Bergen County, NJ resident from Woodcliff Lake. Her family moved to Parkland three years ago. Rest in peace Alyssa Alhadoff. She was a 15 year old freshman and a member of the Parkland Soccer Club. She was a teammate of my buddy's daughter. She is completely devastated by the loss of her friend. This is a small world. This one hits close to home.

7 minutes ago, concha said:

This nation faces lots of challenges that many others on earth do not.

We are racially and ethnically diverse.  That has created stresses on societies throughout history.

We have a huge issue with drugs and gangs, not helped at all by the fact that some of the major drug producing nations on earth are our neighbors.

There are other societal changes that have happened in recent decades for which we probably don't fully understand the impacts:  the removal of God/faith from the daily lives of so many (we are becoming more secular), the impact of easily viewed graphic violence in our media and the games our kids play... just a couple of examples.

Another finger pointing excuse not addressing mainstream society.   Are schools across the country scrambling reviewing lock down procedures because of gang activity or because of flaws in mainstream society?

was it gang activity that almost shut down a major industry in Las Vegas for weeks, interrupting revenue and commerce?

8 minutes ago, concha said:

So, instead of answering the simple question, your claim if it had been a black kid with obvious mental health issues, we'd be looking at this differently. 

How? Seeing as walls and immigration reform would have nothing to with it?

All about race...

Yes we would, especially if they were Muslim or an immigrant.  The country would be very responsive, swift and deliberate.  The differences in how we react as a country is evident.

i don't want it to be about race, just respond the same accordingly.

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Another finger pointing excuse not addressing mainstream society.   Are schools across the country scrambling reviewing lock down procedures because of gang activity or because of flaws in mainstream society?

was it gang activity that almost shut down a major industry in Las Vegas for weeks, interrupting revenue and commerce?

Just ridiculous.  Not one Republican addressed this being an issue with white Males or Guns they immediately on CUE addressed Mental Health. Yet 1 Muslim Incident and Trump labels them Terrorist no Mental Issues or the Central Park FIVE are Just Thugs that should be executed. Yeah it's never about Race. >:( Put WIllie Horton on Magazine covers. Never about Race. 

Just now, DevilDog said:

Do you think Black kids in the Ghetto that faces racism, lack of employment, poor education and constant negativity and join Gangs are NOT MENTALLY DISTURBED  [You could easily make the argument for depression and the like.  A potential difference is if/when violence turns to money (ex. turf wars, drug deal gone bad etc)] .  Do you think a young radicalized Muslim that drives a vehicle through a crowd of innocents is not Mentally disturbed [I'd call him a nutball, but there is a difference between someone who has been groomed by another and actual problems like severe autism (Sandy Hook) and this kid in FL who is suspected of potential Fetal Alcohol SYndrome and potentially other issues that are physiological in nature].  Why is the 1st always a thug and the latter a Terrorist and the white Kid it's immediately a Mental Health issue.

See above. 

You look to race.

I look to the underlying issue such as "does the kid have an underlying physiological disorder?".

14 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

Hell, Jamaica where I am from, and which has one of the highest violent death rates among countries not at war, has safer schools. At least killers have some respect for the sanctity of that space. 

Dayum, what's up with Darter these days...coming up with some strong points :D...

This one needed to be put on slo-mo review...

a VERY telling point, these types of behaviors...

I will add that where I grew up there was some organized crime around (of the Italian descent) and that they too (being brought up in their own values and beliefs system) believed in the sanctity of the 'public space'.  Even Hit men and mass murderers had their own set of 'morals'.

Now Jamaica (an Island I love BTW) provides yet another shining example of these 'morals'...Who remembers Jamaica's most famous tourism 'tag line'?   "Come back to Jamaica".......I'm sure Darter can tell you all about WHY that line is synonymous with the Island (unless he is too young).  Why is it so shocking that people generally commit violent acts against those who they feel have 'wronged them' in some way? 

That issue appears manifested in today's society as 'victimhood' abounds.  Government and yes now even school systems are thought of as those that have 'wronged' the public.      

Now I don't know of a single 'pro-gun' person that does not believe that there should be 'some' sort of 'war weapons' control.  But just about every one that I do know, has more the attitude that before you can go blaming the 'hardware' and THEM (not just the people that murder) one must look at these other (more direct) causes.  Most would be happy to talk gun control where any of these other issues are addressed 'first'.

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

It's ABOUT RACE because white People have always made things about Race.  Ask any fucking body that is not WHITE.  DID Dale Hansen make it about race by acknowledging this is an issue that is majority white culprits or is he being realistic.  Every thing negative about Blacks, Muslims and immigrants are in fact about their Race.  Regardless if you want to sugar coat it or not. WHY DO THESE GROUPS THINK TRUMP IS A RACIST AND YOU DON'T? 

I don't know Dale Hansen, his background, his qualifications, his politics and frankly don't give a shit what he says.  

2 minutes ago, concha said:

See above. 

You look to race.

I  look to the underlying issue such as "does the kid have an underlying physiological disorder?".

We are talking on how the government looks and responds to these issues.  As a country, do we talk about the underlying physiological disorders when it's a Muslim or immigrant doing the shooting?  

5 minutes ago, concha said:

See above. 

You look to race.

I look to the underlying issue such as "does the kid have an underlying physiological disorder?".

Maybe because I am a damn Realist:  This isn't a timeline of fake news. It's a damn Fact.  I don't need a discourse on RACE.

1655 - 1867 Slavery (Ancestors Life time)

1867 - 1967 Jim Crow and Segragation (Parents and My life time)

1967 - Current  Mass incarceration and unjust Judicial System  (Current Inhabitants)

3 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

If that's the case...well you just hanging out with the wrong people then xD

Try living 'outside' your blackworld, you might find you like it...and your skin color sure as hell ain't stopping you.

Dude I am very successful.  Believe that and I am because WHITE PEOPLE helped me.  Do you know a Black Male just came up to me about the New Panther movie and the fear is that Someone might attack during this movie.  You don't hear things like this because you are not privy to these type of conversations. My lady is not going to the movie for this reason. When this Movie was advertised whites were organizing a campaign to slam it with negative comments to destroy it/s reviews.   

Nothing stops me.  Again I don't need your tutelage on RACE.

13 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yes we would, especially if they were Muslim or an immigrant.

If it was Muslim yelling Allahu Akbar we are not talking mental illness

If it is an immigrant (mental illness or no) there is an additional factor in that the person shouldn't have been here to begin with.

7 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

If that's the case...well you just hanging out with the wrong people then xD

Try living 'outside' your blackworld, you might find you like it...and your skin color sure as hell ain't stopping you.

I don't live in a Black world.  I live in a Rich County that is 81% White and I live there comfortably.  Because I can afford too. I deal with Majority whiteworld everyday and am doing just fine.

Pointing out your B.S. as much as you do mine makes me just like you a NON PC successful MotherFucka that don't give a damn what you think about me.  See that's what success does to you. Make you stand up and speak your mind.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

Maybe because I am a damn Realist:  This isn't a timeline of fake news. It's a damn Fact.  I don't need a discourse on RACE.

1967 - Current  Mass incarceration and unjust Judicial System  (Current Inhabitants)

This leaves out that the typical starting position, as a result of the mentioned, for a new born black American is behind the starting position of most "real Americans". So we see, all Americans do not have the same opportunity even if their were now no race discrimination. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Again, DD... yes or no...

A person walks into a school and starts randomly slaughtering people. Mentally ill or no?  Assume they aren't a terrorist, if that helps.

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

This leaves out that the typical starting position, as a result of the mentioned, for a new born black American is behind the starting position of most "real Americans". So we see, all Americans do not have the same opportunity even if their were now no race discrimination. 

Yet some Johnny come lately safe space looking person can't take you giving it back. When all you have done is receive negativity.   I am non capitulating.

By golly... I think this guy is right. You can't trust a republucan as far as you can see one on the gun issue. Not one of them. 

Former Republican Congressman David Jolly Says Only Democrats Can Be Trusted on Guns

screen_shot_2018-02-15_at_4.46.11_am.png

Former GOP Rep. David Jolly, who represented Florida’s 13th congressional district, tore into his own party Thursday over its historic inaction to mass shootings, telling CNN’s Don Lemon that “Republicans will never do anything on gun control.”

“We have a broken nation on the issue of guns,” Jolly said. “Let’s be brutally honest about what we do know. I say this as a Republican: Republicans will never do anything on gun control.”

Jolly noted last year that “you had Republican members of Congress shot and nearly killed after a softball practice”—yet the party still did nothing.

“The idea of gun policy in the Republican Party is to try to get the speaking slot at the NRA and prove that constituency that you’re further right,” Jolly said.

“If this is the issue that defines your ideology as a voter, there’s two things that I suggest tonight,” Jolly continued. “First, flip the House. Flip the House. Republicans are not going to do a single thing after this shooting today.”

Jolly also said Democrats can “work for incremental wins,” including universal background checks.

“Democrats should go to the law enforcement community and say, We’re going to leave the Republicans behind and let’s work on this together right now and get the will of the American people to be enacted in the United States Congress,” Jolly offered.

Lemon told the former Republican congressman, “If I was with you, I would hug you right now. Honestly.”

“Let me be honest,” Jolly replied. “I’m a conservative Second Amendment person who sponsored some pretty hardcore Second Amendment bills…I believe in Second Amendment issues, but I believe in background checks and reasonable restrictions—maybe even banning assault rifles.”

• Like 1