Trump to meet with Rocket Man

TheBlockIsHot

13 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

I must say- I am impressed! I like the meeting and think it will be productive. 

Stay tuned! You just may be witnessing the greatest president in U.S. history! In one day, peace talks implemented to possibly avoid a war with North Korea! Sanctions brought against trade partners, to level the VASTLY unfair playing field for the United States of America! And last but certainly not least! A very good chance that AG Sessions will finally get off his ass, and appoint a Special Counsel into FISA abuse by the Clinton camp and Obama Administration, to derail the Trump Campaign, in what will no doubt turn out to be the greatest scandal in American HISTORY! Who knows, NEXT week, UTOPIA!:)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

Stay tuned! You just may be witnessing the greatest president in U.S. history! In one day, peace talks implemented to possibly avoid a war with North Korea! Sanctions brought against trade partners, to level the VASTLY unfair playing field for the United States of America! And last but certainly not least! A very good chance that AG Sessions will finally get off his ass, and appoint a Special Counsel into FISA abuse by the Clinton camp and Obama Administration, to derail the Trump Campaign, in what will no doubt turn out to be the greatest scandal in American HISTORY! Who knows, NEXT week, UTOPIA!:)

Slow down Dummy. 

Let's see what happens at this meeting first. But I agree it is positive. 

1 hour ago, Mjd33 said:

Can’t believe you have something positive to say about trump.

It's called not blindly hating on somebody.  

Having said that, I'm not sure how this doesn't give NK credibility internationally.  Credibility they do not have btw.  If sanctions were to further isolate NK then they may have undermined them a little.  

But this is unchartered territory so I will remain hopeful that this is a productive and positive meeting.  

I also would hope that there is somebody with experience that the admin can look to for help in navigating these matters.  Slim pickings as far as people with experience goes.  

If NK ends up eliminating their nuclear program bc of Trump I will be impressed and will applaud him.  So will every person in both countries I'd imagine.  

2 hours ago, World Citizen said:

If NK ends up eliminating their nuclear program bc of Trump I will be impressed and will applaud him.  So will every person in both countries I'd imagine.  

I would be very surprised if North Korea ends up eliminating its nuclear program, period. Since the armistice that ended hostilities on the Korean peninsular back before most of us were born, NK has had an us against the world mentality. I believe they view nukes as essential to their survival. 

Having said all of the above, if I am wrong (I don't believe I am), then this, obviously, would be a "watershed" moment.

• Like 1

It sounds like something positive could be in the works. Did Trump's dangerous rhetoric and increased sanctions do the trick ?  Time will tell, but I'll take fruitful conversation and negotiation over bullets and bombs anyday. I'm hoping Trump wins the Nobel Peace Prize on this one. Unlike the ignorant close minded right, we recognize a potentially historic event is possible even if an immature blowhard was the catalyst in making it happen.....Go Trump Go

10 hours ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

I must say- I am impressed! I like the meeting and think it will be productive. 

You realize a meeting was not scheduled previous because Trump insisted that Kim's nukes be dismantled before talks could take place?

So, Trump is the one that has caved. 

IMO the meeting will be productive for Kim, not the USA. I say this because Kim will be prepared and Trump, we know, refuses preparation. Think of it like this. Playing a game of chance where one is calculated, knows the odds of each bet, hedges and manages his bank. The other, someone who just rolls the dice in hopes of a win. 

12 minutes ago, noonereal said:

You realize a meeting was not scheduled previous because Trump insisted that Kim's nukes be dismantled before talks could take place?

So, Trump is the one that has caved. 

IMO the meeting will be productive for Kim, not the USA. I say this because Kim will be prepared and Trump, we know, refuses preparation. Think of it like this. Playing a game of chance where one is calculated, knows the odds of each bet, hedges and manages his bank. The other, someone who just rolls the dice in hopes of a win. 

Wait a minute... Are you pointing out a "red" line that Trump moved? 

Say it ain't so. 

I see books in the president's future. "Legitimizing Kim" could be the title of one. 

Image result for president trump and kim jong un

Should have stuck to "get rid of your nukes first"  before giving the little guy a seat at the big boy table. This is definitely a win-win for North Korea, and iffy at best for the USA. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Should have stuck to "get rid of your nukes first"  before giving the little guy a seat at the big boy table. This is definitely a win-win for North Korea, and iffy at best for the USA. 

3 generations of Korean leaders have tried to get this meeting

Congratulations to Trump

52 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Hawg and NOR are pretty mad that their predictions of nuclear war are apparently not coming to fruition. xD

Funny you mention this

If you recall I supported Trump and his hard line, maybe war talk. 

That was until he proved to be all mouth and a freakin' liar. 

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Funny you mention this

If you recall I supported Trump and his hard line, maybe war talk. 

That was until he proved to be all mouth and a freakin' liar. 

Quite the opposite, actually. I recall you freaking out, claiming he was going to provoke nuclear conflict with North Korea via the twitter.