Texas HS Football is Fantastic

DevilDog

22 hours ago, Reb72 said:

@DevilDog , not highjacking your thread (I have enjoyed watching the vids, great stuff), but because you're a Patriot and a fan and missed the BOB last year, thought you night enjoy...

Indivisible

Hijack away sir thanks.  How dem Reb's gonna be next year.  Still  one of my favorite out-of-state teams.   I even watched the video against Evangel back in 1999 in the state championship over the weekend.  👍 game.  

• Like 1

On 3/23/2018 at 8:32 PM, DevilDog said:

Those of you here remember I used to do Throwback Thursday for Texas in the offseason.  Gonna switch it up a bit and show things that makes Texas HS Football Fantastic. 

This isn't to say we are better or your State isn't .  

Here we go.  

Where else outside of the CFL or Texas HS Football can you see a 109.9 yard Touchdown.  Yep that will never be broken

TX HS is Fantastic:  Sean Landez of Sharyland 

Dang homeboy has some wheels.

13 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Hijack away sir thanks.  How dem reb's gonna be next year.  Still  one of my favorite out-of-state teams.   I even watched the video against Evangel back in 1999 in the state championship over the weekend.  👍 game.  

All gonna come down to QB play and how quickly we can break in a new offensive line (usually pretty much a plug-n-play for us).  Defensive should be strong and will have to keep us in games until the offense starts to click.  I really like the QB (Kahmann), he has a great arm and we should have a legitimate pass threat so defenses won't be able to "key" on one guy like the last couple years with Bolden.  I'm looking forward to this season, wish we were playing a Texas team  :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Drove by the New Stadium here in McKnney off of Hardin and the 121 this past weekend.  Beautiful Stadium and damn  Collin County Wealth can't stand to be outdone.  Right up the road about 8 miles from Me Prosper is Building their own super Stadium.  So nice to live out here with all this great Infrastructure and it's not just the Stadiums the towns are booming and everything is popping It.  Who's next Celina 9_9

McKinney Stadium will be open this Season with the McKinney Classic.  No doubt where I will be week 1.  Dammit my Tax Dollars at Work.  Collin County Rocks 

Stadium update: As McKinney ISD nears completion, Prosper ISD's construction heating up

Construction continues at McKinney ISD stadium in McKinney on Thursday, March 1, 2018. (Vernon Bryant/The Dallas Morning News)

Prosper new Stadium 8 miles from McKinney's Stadium that is 8 Miles From Allen's xD While McKinney ISD prepares to finish its stadium, construction on Prosper's project $48 million stadium is already underway.  Will be ready for 2019.  

10 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Drove by the New Stadium here in McKnney off of Hardin and the 121 this past weekend.  Beautiful Stadium and damn  Collin County Wealth can't stand to be outdone.  Right up the road about 8 miles from Me Prosper is Building their own super Stadium.  So nice to live out here with all this great Infrastructure and it's not just the Stadiums the towns are booming and everything is popping It.  Who's next Celina 9_9

McKinney Stadium will be open this Season with the McKinney Classic.  No doubt where I will be week 1.  Dammit my Tax Dollars at Work.  Collin County Rocks 

Stadium update: As McKinney ISD nears completion, Prosper ISD's construction heating up

Construction continues at McKinney ISD stadium in McKinney on Thursday, March 1, 2018. (Vernon Bryant/The Dallas Morning News)

Prosper new Stadium 8 miles from McKinney's Stadium that is 8 Miles From Allen's xD While McKinney ISD prepares to finish its stadium, construction on Prosper's project $48 million stadium is already underway.  Will be ready for 2019.  

Are property values appreciating out there with all that growth?  I bet it would have been a great investment to have bought a home out there 10-15 years ago.

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Are property values appreciating out there with all that growth?  I bet it would have been a great investment to have bought a home out there 10-15 years ago.

My home is up 75K over the last 3 years.  Yes it is but the downside is our Property taxes are skyrocketing.  My mortgage is increasing about $125 a month each year as my Escrow grows with Insurance and property taxes.  But yes sir values are appreciating like crazy.  Prosper was a 3A School when I bought my house in 2007 and now they are 6A and building another HS Soon.  The building is crazy. 

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

My home is up 75K over the last 3 years.  Yes it is but the downside is our Property taxes are skyrocketing.  My mortgage is increasing about $125 a month each year as my Escrow grows with Insurance and property taxes.  But yes sir values are appreciating like crazy.  Prosper was a 3A School when I bought my house in 2007 and now they are 6A and building another HS Soon.  The building is crazy. 

Yep, there's always a flip side to appreciation.  i noticed that about prosper, they have grown fast!

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I bought in Allen 18 years ago. My home value has double in just the last 5 years. At least the tax rates are going down. ;)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

daYep, there's always a flip side to appreciation.  i noticed that about prosper, they have grown fast!

I pulled out of Prosper High School the other day and turned right towards the road that will become the North Dallas Tollway.  25 years ago nobody would have dreamed that the North Dallas Toll way would stretch clear to Prosper.   After I turned right in front of the school I topped a small hill and all I could see was roof tops for miles.  They already have beautiful school w/ really nice big field house that includes large wt room and Indoor practice facility.  

The schools in that area have great leadership at the AD position and the one at Prosper is female. 

Keep your eye on Melissa - They have built new school to replace the old school and they also have indoor practice facility coming soon.  It's only matter of time before they move up to 5A...

• Like 2

Did you know that over the past two decades, Texas communities have built 144 indoor practice facilities?  This was wrote by the DMN in Dec 16.

I know Weatherford is building one right now and that Llano completed theirs for the start of this past season.

Most of the ones built in the DFW area are really big time.  However, schools like Sulphur Springs, Kilgore, Carthage have equally as nice if not nicer than most.

Sulphur Springs is really nice --- It's regulation football field including both end zones with 5 yard boundary all the way around.  It also includes really big wt room and complete field house with really nice locker rooms for varsity, Jv, and freshman.  Coaches office for both offense and defense -  AD/HFC coaches office - both the DC and OC have office.  Meeting rooms for entire team and individual meeting rooms for both offense and defense.  

4 hours ago, Texasball said:

Each of the locker rooms at Sulphur springs all have laundry rooms with issue lockers - like most colleges have.

Too bad they're currently looking for a new HC...

Rumor is they're after the Lindale guy...

Thier new district is gonna hold them back...There's no way the team I saw against Lovejoy is gonna compete with Forney, Royce City, nor Ennis...

Oh well...at least Greenville gets to suffer with them lol.

On 4/14/2018 at 2:22 AM, DevilDog said:

Amazing to see that, doesnt McKinney share that with 4 school in the McKinney ISD?

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:00 PM, AztecPadre said:

Dang homeboy has some wheels.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:47 PM, DevilDog said:

The snag in the endzone and the toe tap was pretty dope as well.  I think his record will be safe for quite some time.

I was thinking the same thing. I tried to time it.

He comes out of the end zone at 0:14 and crosses the other plane at 0:26. 

I know it's not exactly scientific, but that's 12 seconds flat, and he had to make a move and then get to the sideline, and he seems to let off the gas well before he crosses the plane.  

That's wheels. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Why does this excellence in HS football not continue to the college level?

5 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Good question and that question can apply to Cali. 

The flagship programs in each state have been dysfunctional in recent years and the HS talent gets diffused through too many competing programs. 

I wouldn't fight too hard on behalf of that claim, but it's a guess. 

• Thanks 1