Publics vs Privates

FootballGuy

14 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Understood. Disregard the year tho. Which type of school would u have more faith in (football wise): a public or private? Think about it now. A public has to deal with more turnover..... meaning uncertainty for that team. A private school deals with this as well, but they can easily go out a get 4 and 5 stars on their team and not even miss a beat. So who ya got???

Year to year a private.Even then though any given year a public could and probably would be just as good 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Pertaining to the STA vs Centennial game, I'm aware of the open enrollment in AZ, but you could see that centennial wasn't all that tbh. Still don't know how STA lost that game. That's why it's a bad look for them.

Colquitt vs Bishop Sullivan: This was colquitt's second worst team in recent years. How they managed to destroy a much more talented team in BS is kinda confusing. Bad look for B.S. 

BG vs MC: Bad look for BG to lose to a team that's limited offensively (very good at what they do tho). It also doesn't help BG knowing that MC didn't even win state.

DLS vs Trinity: I think my texas guys have covered this one to a T. Trinity had a short stint in their playoffs, but DLS managed to go back to cali and win it all. Kinda makes them look bad. 

Speaking of sta would it also be a bad look that they lost to Miramar and Venice since both were publics as well? 

Also to answer your question 

I don't feel just because a team is private that they automatically have a advantage 

The biggest advantage of the elite privates is they have better resources then some public counterparts but if a private school isn't managed properly or is broke then the advantages they would have are nonexistent 

30 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Understood. Disregard the year tho. Which type of school would u have more faith in (football wise): a public or private? Think about it now. A public has to deal with more turnover..... meaning uncertainty for that team. A private school deals with this as well, but they can easily go out a get 4 and 5 stars on their team and not even miss a beat. So who ya got???

Every school is different 

Columbia is not same type of public as Terry Parker 

Duval Charter is not same type of private as Trinity Christian 

(I was just naming teams i knew from my area to make it simpler) 

Some publics get better setups then other publics and some privates get better setups than other privates

Get where I'm heading with this? 

• Like 1

Just now, Columbiafan said:

Every school is different 

Columbia is not same type of public as Terry Parker 

Duval Charter is not same type of private as Trinity Christian 

(I was just naming teams i knew from my area to make it simpler) 

Some publics get better setups then other publics and some privates get better setups than other privates

Get where I'm heading with this? 

3 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

If they want to field to be level, they need to allow the same rules and restrictions for public and private. If they are willing to do that, I have no issues with them playing and competing with each other.

I think that's what FL is currently trying to do

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Speaking of sta would it also be a bad look that they lost to Miramar and Venice since both were publics as well? 

Also to answer your question 

I don't feel just because a team is private that they automatically have a advantage 

The biggest advantage of the elite privates is they have better resources then some public counterparts but if a private school isn't managed properly or is broke then the advantages they would have are nonexistent 

Man please! Lol. The main advantage elite privates have is the recruiting. More stability for them. Consistency as well. They should beat the elite publics 9 times out of 10. This is why I feel like it's a bad look for privates to lose to publics. 

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Man please! Lol. The main advantage elite privates have is the recruiting. More stability for them. Consistency as well. They should beat the elite publics 9 times out of 10. This is why I feel like it's a bad look for privates to lose to publics. 

Take Mentor OH that runs the spread O starting in 5th/6th grade 

yeah no advantage there 

these kids stay with the program and 7-8 years and demonstrate it 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Elite privates yes but not all privates are elite

Would you consider it embarrassing when Columbia beat Trinity Christian this past year or when Columbia beat Bolles back in 2015?

8 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Would y'all say that it's a bad look for private schools to lose to public schools considering all the advantages that a private school has?

Of course not.

The nationally relevant public's have all sorts of advantages to. 

I'd like to see the coach at Allen come to a North New Jersey private and win.

We don't have enrollments of 6,000 and pro stadiums. What we do have is entrance criteria and tuitions. 

See what I mean?

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Elite privates yes but not all privates are elite

Would you consider it embarrassing when Columbia beat Trinity Christian this past year or when Columbia beat Bolles back in 2015?

I know. I'm referring to all elite privates. 

I would consider that to be a bad look for Trinity Christian and Bolles.

53 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Of course not.

The nationally relevant public's have all sorts of advantages to. 

I'd like to see the coach at Allen come to a North New Jersey private and win.

We don't have enrollments of 6,000 and pro stadiums. What we do have is entrance criteria and tuitions. 

See what I mean?

You really have it in for allen don't cha? Lol. 

Yes, publics (especially here in GA and TX) have sexy stadiums, facilities, and large enrollment #s.... but the fact that elite privates can reload on top notch talent in the blink of an eye is where the biggest advantage lies for elite privates. So, elite privates should be favored over elite publics. 

Just now, FootballGuy said:

You really have it in for allen don't cha? Lol. 

Yes, publics (especially here in GA and TX) have sexy stadiums, facilities, and large enrollment #s.... but the fact that elite privates can reload on top notch talent in the blink of an eye is where the biggest advantage lies for elite privates. So, elite privates should be favored over elite publics. 

It's not so easy to reload when you have 4 schools within  10 miles of each other all recruiting the same 20 kids.

Then they have to want to go to a private. Then they have to be accepted. Then the parents have to pay. 

After all that they transfer for any imaginable reason. 

Honest, Allen has much greater advantages and I did not even mention that jet they use to fly in qb's.

4 hours ago, Texasball said:

Fact - California private schools recruit top players from other schools including athletes that will only play their Sr year at the private school.

Fact - they provide financial aide (scholarships) to athletes on as needed bases.

Fact - Every private school in the country technically "recruits" every single student who comes in the door...including the math nerds who comprise 85% of the student body.

I can't speak to California...but literally nothing you stated above happens here.

How many years later after that game did Bellevue get in trouble?   Bellevue wasn’t even on the map at the time.

Yeah, they were. Were they a "national brand" at that time? Probably not. Still, they were certainly "on the map" to the informed HSFB fans.  That, and reading the stories about their infractions would lead the reasonable person to assume that it had been going on for quite awhile.

probably the biggest embarrassment in HS football is how California people talk so much trash considering how many times DLS / Bosco have been beat OOS.

I guess one could make that case.

By that token, one could also make the case that SLC getting worked by MNW at home after all the shit that TX talked prior to the game would rank up there as well.

Perspective. Try it. 😎

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

Fact Ohio privates won’t allow a player to transfer into their school  after their Soph year 

only if a very serious hardship 😮

Who mentioned Ohio.  Now we know why Ohio is behind the others.

I am on Bourbon Street tonight - just had dinner at Red Fish.  Life is good!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, noonereal said:

It's not so easy to reload when you have 4 schools within  10 miles of each other all recruiting the same 20 kids.

Then they have to want to go to a private. Then they have to be accepted. Then the parents have to pay. 

Honest, Allen has much greater advantages and I did not even mention that jet they use to fly in qb's.

You better chill on the whole Allen thing before the Texans eat you alive....lolololololol. 

I'm pretty sure these 4 and 5 star student athletes aren't hesitant to go to these elite privates, noon. And let's be real: you know damn well they're gonna be accepted into those schools....while the parents are paying little to nothing for them to attend the school.

11 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

You better chill on the whole Allen thing before the Texans eat you alive....lolololololol. 

I'm pretty sure these 4 and 5 star student athletes aren't hesitant to go to these elite privates, noon. And let's be real: you know damn well they're gonna be accepted into those schools....while the parents are paying little to nothing for them to attend the school.

If only Miami Central or BTW had an entrance exam, amirite? 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

If only Miami Central or BTW had an entrance exam, amirite? 

If only the state of Florida legislature wasn't full of morons who couldn't run a education system with a manual strapped to their chest 

Better yet if only the state of Florida had as good coaching and fan/admin support as the talent in the state 

Lots of ifs could help further build separation for FL  as the by far best football state but FL is a top 3 state on talent alone 😂 

Imagine if they had the coaching and support Texas has lol

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

The QB from MN moved to Texas with family, they are still here and brothers are underclassmen at Allen.

since you think you know so much about Allen, tell me about these advantages they  have other than enrollment?