Publics vs Privates

FootballGuy

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

Of course not.

The nationally relevant public's have all sorts of advantages to. 

I'd like to see the coach at Allen come to a North New Jersey private and win.

We don't have enrollments of 6,000 and pro stadiums. What we do have is entrance criteria and tuitions. 

See what I mean?

The allen coach has a name, you'd know that and his previous record if he knew anything about him...which you don't.  His name is terry gambill.  He was 79-13 (6 seasons) at Waco midway before coming to Allen.  He took midway to a state title game during his tenure.  He's a pretty good coach.

4 hours ago, Horsefly said:

The QB from MN moved to Texas with family, they are still here and brothers are underclassmen at Allen.

since you think you know so much about Allen, tell me about these advantages they  have other than enrollment? 

I don’t know a lot about Allen but I assume there are some trickle down benefits from the $60m stadium 

8 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

You better chill on the whole Allen thing before the Texans eat you alive....lolololololol. 

I'm pretty sure these 4 and 5 star student athletes aren't hesitant to go to these elite privates

look at the best players in Nj and what schools they graduate from. 

and no, not all are accepted at all.

these are not football factories like IMG

You are falling for the stereoptye not the realities

7 hours ago, Horsefly said:

The allen coach has a name, you'd know that and his previous record if he knew anything about him...which you don't.  His name is terry gambill.  He was 79-13 (6 seasons) at Waco midway before coming to Allen.  He took midway to a state title game during his tenure.  He's a pretty good coach.

A record he could never dream of if he played in south cal or north jersey.

18 minutes ago, noonereal said:

A record he could never dream of if he played in south cal or north jersey.

There's nothing extraordinary about NJ. 

you didn't know the coaches name, where he coached before nor his record, but yet you want to be taken serious on your perception of him.  You're a silly, goofy guy Nor.  No wonder you are made fun of on here. 

4 hours ago, Pops said:

I don’t know a lot about Allen but I assume there are some trickle down benefits from the $60m stadium 

Still pondering that comment...

Nope, nothing.... I mean 7000 students, and their parents, and relatives gotta sit somewhere.

You mean talking points, such as " Buffy cheerleads and  Biff plays football in Eagle stadium"? Status symbol? Meh....

Well with that logic, the wonderful weather in Cali is good for 10 points on the SAT, but certainly not yours. <sarcasm>

3 hours ago, noonereal said:

look at the best players in Nj and what schools they graduate from. 

and no, not all are accepted at all.

these are not football factories like IMG

You are falling for the stereoptye not the realities

So tell me the realities.

And what "advantages" were you referring to when mentioned Allen?

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

So tell me the realities.

And what "advantages" were you referring to when mentioned Allen?

ummm, you don't think a pool of 7,000 players is an advantage?

There is a reason we have school size classifications. 

The coach at Allen never has to worry about recruiting, think about all the extra time that leaves him to deal with his team that coaches who need to recruit don't have. 

And like we know, families transfer into Allen district just to play in that palatial stadium. 

When was the last time Allen had a QB born in the school zone? 

The tease about the jet is based on realities. 

Bottom line is clear, all top schools have advantages. 

There is no magic in the water anywhere. 

-----------------

If I were an AD at a college program I would look at private school coaches before public school coaches knowing that they are more well rounded. Not only do they do x and O's but they also have experience recruiting. 

I am not kidding. Put that guy who coaches at Allen in the Big North and he'd be at the bottom until he learned recruiting. 

Put a Big North coach in Allen and you get the same results.

-------------------------

I get the myth. The Big North coaches just pick who they want from 3 states. 

If it were that easy why did Bosco lose to freakin' Byrnes? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, noonereal said:

you don't think a pool of 7,000 players is an advantage?

Absolutely an advantage, if they're all football players...... all 7000. Yessiree.....

The coach at Allen never has to worry about recruiting, think about all the extra time that leaves him to deal with his team that coaches who need to recruit don't have.

False statement.

And like we know, families transfer into Allen district just to play in that palatial stadium. 

Only the idiots.

Metro DFW, stupid comment. That whole corridor is exploding.

If I were an AD at a college program I would look at private school coaches before public school coaches knowing that they are more well rounded. Not only do they do x and O's but they also have experience recruiting. 

When did AD's start recruiting? Jesus Nooner, have you lost it?

I am not kidding. Put that guy who coaches at Allen in the Big North and he'd be at the bottom until he learned recruiting. 

Bullshit, speculative... but you're not "kidding", we'll find solace in that jewel of a comment.

Anything else?

Regards,

C.A.

5 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Absolutely an advantage, if they're all football players...... all 7000. Yessiree.....

False statement.

Only the idiots.

Metro DFW, stupid comment. That whole corridor is exploding.

When did AD's start recruiting? Jesus Nooner, have you lost it?

Bullshit, speculative... but you're not "kidding", we'll solace in that jewel of a comment.

Anything else?

Regards,

C.A.

Tell you what, I'll take a random pool of 7,000 kids, you take a random pool of 750 kids and I'll bet my home I win every game in every sport 99% of the time. 

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

Tell you what, I'll take a random pool of 7,000 kids, you take a random pool of 750 kids and I'll bet my home I win every game in every sport 99% of the time. 

If that argument holds water, then California would be the undisputed all everything in sports, they're not.

And New York would would be up there also.

So, sorry Nooner... no bueno, no cigar....

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

If that argument holds water, then California would be the undisputed all everything in sports, they're not.

And New York would would be up there also.

So, sorry Nooner... no bueno, no cigar....

giphy.gif

Kinda surprised you are serious about the consistence of numbers. 

I never figured you for a "something in the water" guy. 

Speaking of cigars, this morning I had a 7am MRI and passed a cigar shop I did not know about. So now in a pinch I won't have to make the drive to Paramus. Very cool. 

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Speaking of cigars, this morning I had a 7am MRI and passed a cigar shop I did not know about. So now in a pinch I won't have to make the drive to Paramus. Very cool. 

I got schooled on numbers, falling for the large population sample as to athletics. Doesn't always convey.

I'm not dismissive of the large enrollment, I was being "picky" as to your statement that the 7000 were players.

Hope the MRI was to good news.

36 minutes ago, noonereal said:

ummm, you don't think a pool of 7,000 players is an advantage?

There is a reason we have school size classifications. 

The tease about the jet is based on realities. 

Bottom line is clear, all top schools have advantages. 

There is no magic in the water anywhere. 

-----------------

-------------------------

I get the myth. The Big North coaches just pick who they want from 3 states. 

If it were that easy why did Bosco lose to freakin' Byrnes? 

6,664 is Allen's magic number. Just because they have a large pool of players to work with doesn't mean that they'll win off the rip. And your beef with Allen's head coach is ridiculous. You really don't think that he'd win in New Jersey? 

19 hours ago, Texasball said:

How many years later after that game did Bellevue get in trouble?   Bellevue wasn’t even on the map at the time.

Yep, Bellevue really fell  off the map....This is also the school that  recently had Budda Baker and Miles Jack.  I think they were ruled ineligible for the state title in 2013, were reinstated and lost in the title game in 2014 and 2015.  Have been banned from OOS games due to sanctions, the real reason they have fallen off the national radar.

ts
2017 M. Landes 11-2-0    
2016 M. Landes 5-0-0    
2015 B. Goncharoff 11-2-0    
2014 B. Goncharoff 13-1-0    
2013 B. Goncharoff 14-0-0    
2012 B. Goncharoff 15-0-0
  • State Champion [+]
3A
2011 B. Goncharoff 14-0-0
  • State Champion [+]
Division 3A
2010 B. Goncharoff 13-1-0
  • State Champion
Division 3A
2009 B. Goncharoff 12-2-0
  • State Champion
Division 3A
2008 B. Goncharoff 13-0-0
  • State Champion [+]
Division 3A
2007 B. Goncharoff 11-2-0    
2006 B. Goncharoff 14-0-0
  • State Champion [+]
Division 3A
2005 B. Goncharoff 9-2-0    
2004 B. Goncharoff 13-0-0
  • State Champion
3A

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

6,664 is Allen's magic number. Just because they have a large pool of players to work with doesn't mean that they'll win off the rip. And your beef with Allen's head coach is ridiculous. You really don't think that he'd win in New Jersey? 

I know nothing of the coach. I do think it unlikely that he has evolved the skill set to recruit as is required to be nationally competitive in a sub 1,000 enrollment private. 

You can't rag on Allen for enrollment advantages but look at multiple teams in Texas with 4,000-6,000 enrollment that are very average and say that's no big deal 

Texas has plenty of schools with big time enrollment that are not good at football. 

Every school in Texas 6A is big as hell. But even they have garbage 0-10 and 1-9 teams. Why didn't the 4,000 enrollment help them? 

Enrollment isn't as important as talent pockets in my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Dear  member,

On behalf of most of the board, we wish you a full recovery, and success in your quest for the ultimate cigar.  Most people don't realize that some of  the best Cuban Cigar makers fled to the Canary islands, and have been producing excellent smokes for over 50 years.  Our editors choice has voted the  LA INTIMIDAD DE ANTONINO CARUNCHO our selection of the month, and the JOSE L. PIEDRA as a very close second.

Please feel free to request more information from our Subcommittee on cigarros de clase mundial.  We are committed to respond to all requests within 4-6 months.

-The Comish

10 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

You can't rag on Allen for enrollment advantages but look at multiple teams in Texas with 4,000-6,000 enrollment that are very average and say that's no big deal 

Texas has plenty of schools with big time enrollment that are not good at football. 

Every school in Texas 6A is big as hell. But even they have garbage 0-10 and 1-9 teams. Why didn't the 4,000 enrollment help them? 

Enrollment isn't as important as talent pockets in my opinion. 

You see that in FL as well with schools like Ferguson who has 4k+ enrollment but is terrible in football 

Wait a freakin' minute heah!!! Did Nor just claim a coach will not be successful in the BNU if he doesn't know how to recruit??

I could've  sworn you Jersey folks posted endlessly about BNU teams not recruiting, and went in depth distinguishing between  "recruiting" and "transferring" and how the status of the institutions drew in the athletes without a need to recruit. In fact, it was very similar to what those at MD and SJB claim.

What the frick!?!

7 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Wait a freakin' minute heah!!! Did Nor just claim a coach will not be successful in the BNU if he doesn't know how to recruit??

I could've  sworn you Jersey folks posted endlessly about BNU teams not recruiting, and went in depth distinguishing between  "recruiting" and "transferring" and how the status of the institutions drew in the athletes without a need to recruit. In fact, it was very similar to what those at MD and SJB claim.

What the frick!?!

It depends on how you define recruiting 

Is a team who accepts transfers recruiting or do they have to make a effort to bring kids in for it to be recruiting