Publics vs Privates

FootballGuy

8 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

It depends on how you define recruiting 

Is a team who accepts transfers recruiting or do they have to make a effort to bring kids in for it to be recruiting 

Purely based on Nor's argument, it appears that success in the BNU is determined by how well coaches can bring in talented athletes. If no effort is put in by the coach and these kids are in fact "transfers" and not "recruited" then why would Allen's coach not be successful?

I understand the difference, I am just pointing out the inconsistency in Nor's argument. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

Tell you what, I'll take a random pool of 7,000 kids, you take a random pool of 750 kids and I'll bet my home I win every game in every sport 99% of the time. 

That's not the dynamic of how it works.  It's football participation numbers that the driver.

skyline has close to 5,000 but only a little over 100 kids on the entire program.  Katy has 3400 kids and football numbers close to Allen. 

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

You see that in FL as well with schools like Ferguson who has 4k+ enrollment but is terrible in football 

With that being said, talent is more important than depth, right?

If so, that's interesting.... because I asked y'all about Chandler vs Allen, and all of y'all picked Chandler in that hypothetical game from 2017. Chandler has 3,000+ students while Allen has 6,664. So depth wouldn't help Allen in that game? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

Tell you what, I'll take a random pool of 7,000 kids, you take a random pool of 750 kids and I'll bet my home I win every game in every sport 99% of the time. 

Not if your pool of 7,000 kids is from Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire against the 750 kids from Miami, Houston or SoCal

2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Purely based on Nor's argument, it appears that success in the BNU is determined by how well coaches can bring in talented athletes. If no effort is put in by the coach and these kids are in fact "transfers" and not "recruited" then why would Allen's coach not be successful?

I understand the difference, I am just pointing out the inconsistency in Nor's argument. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh i understand that I'm just stating my opinion on the term "recruiting"

2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I agree 

2 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

With that being said, talent is more important than depth, right?

If so, that's interesting.... because I asked y'all about Chandler vs Allen, and all of y'all picked Chandler in that hypothetical game from 2017. Chandler has 3,000+ students while Allen has 6,664. So depth wouldn't help Allen in that game? 

I picked Chandler because I felt by end of the season they were a top 10 team in the nation and I could realistically see them winning 

19 hours ago, noonereal said:

It's not so easy to reload when you have 4 schools within  10 miles of each other all recruiting the same 20 kids.

Then they have to want to go to a private. Then they have to be accepted. Then the parents have to pay. 

After all that they transfer for any imaginable reason. 

Honest, Allen has much greater advantages and I did not even mention that jet they use to fly in qb's.

Obviously all areas are different but I have 7 7A (top class in GA) schools within 10 road miles of my house.  While they try not to split subdivisions, next door subdivisions are split and there are plenty of places where one side of the street is one school and the opposite side is a different school.  It makes it both easy and difficult at the same time but it for sure breaks up the talent.

2 minutes ago, Fred said:

Obviously all areas are different but I have 7 7A (top class in GA) schools within 10 road miles of my house.  While they try not to split subdivisions, next door subdivisions are split and there are plenty of places where one side of the street is one school and the opposite side is a different school.  It makes it both easy and difficult at the same time but it for sure breaks up the talent.

GA and Fl have more quality players than anywhere else in the country. That is not in dispute. 

CA has the population.

Then you have pockets of privates to fill in the top tier like NJ, MD and OH. 

And of course the "more" state, TX. Totally overrated TX. 

5 minutes ago, noonereal said:

GA and Fl have more quality players than anywhere else in the country. That is not in dispute. 

CA has the population.

😂😂

I feel Chandler will have enough depth to get through the game with their talent 

Even if you have a roster of 150 i doubt all 150 players will take the field 

Gotcha. 

Which type of school would you rather have (football wise): an elite public or an elite private?

19 minutes ago, noonereal said:

CA has the population.

I don’t know if their overrated or not because they won’t leave Texas to show us

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Gotcha. 

Which type of school would you rather have (football wise): an elite public or an elite private?

Well considering I'm a alumni of a public school i obviously would want a elite public plus publics usually are more connected to the community so from a fans perspective I would want a elite public

Now from a coach perspective it would be elite private since it would be easier to reload talent

• Thanks 1

Well considering I'm a alumni of a public school i obviously would want a elite public plus publics usually are more connected to the community so from a fans perspective I would want a elite public

Now from a coach perspective it would be elite private since it would be easier to reload talent

Which takes us back to the beginning. I truly feel like it's a bad...... embarrassing look for elite privates to lose to elite publics because of the last part of your statement. With elite publics, there's always a "window of success" for them (meaning that they only have a certain amount of time to be on top). With elite privates, there's more consistency. 

Another thing: with regards to "community," this is one of the main reasons why Georgia coaches get paid top dollar. I would like to think that it's the same in TX. Am I right? @Horsefly 

50 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Which takes us back to the beginning. I truly feel like it's a bad...... embarrassing look for elite privates to lose to elite publics because of the last part of your statement. With elite publics, there's always a "window of success" for them (meaning that they only have a certain amount of time to be on top). With elite privates, there's more consistency. 

Another thing: with regards to "community," this is one of the main reasons why Georgia coaches get paid top dollar. I would like to think that it's the same in TX. Am I right? @Horsefly 

Yes it is, "community" is a big part of the salary package.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1