Publics vs Privates

FootballGuy

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

IMO DLS getting beat by Bellevue having the streaked stopped by OOS team was most embarrassing lost.

Personally, I have respect for Norcross on the way they pulled themselves together after humiliating defeat like that to win always tough GA state title.

How was the Bellevue loss embarrassing?  They were loaded and were cheaters as well.  The 1st loss in 152 games is not an embarrasment.  It was dissapointing though.  

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

Norcrossed will live in infamy.Anyway back on topic no I don’t think so.If Centennial stops IMG 2pt conversion would it have been a bad look? I don’t think so because there are a lot of great public schools.Sure private schools have some advantages but not all the best players are heading to privates 

I think so. Mainly because IMG has hand picked players and still managed to lose to a public school. 

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

Pertaining to the STA vs Centennial game, I'm aware of the open enrollment in AZ, but you could see that centennial wasn't all that tbh. Still don't know how STA lost that game. That's why it's a bad look for them.

Colquitt vs Bishop Sullivan: This was colquitt's second worst team in recent years. How they managed to destroy a much more talented team in BS is kinda confusing. Bad look for B.S. 

BG vs MC: Bad look for BG to lose to a team that's limited offensively (very good at what they do tho). It also doesn't help BG knowing that MC didn't even win state.

DLS vs Trinity: I think my texas guys have covered this one to a T. Trinity had a short stint in their playoffs, but DLS managed to go back to cali and win it all. Kinda makes them look bad. 

18 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

football privates

The only issue we had was Lovett, they bitched and moaned about us slapping them around. Lovett got us in girls b-ball. 

When it was 2a it was war, Westminster, Lovett, GAC... I hated losing to privates especially around metro.... Strike me as smug entitled buttholes. 

Dunno if that is the same attitude with Cali privates. 

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Pertaining to the STA vs Centennial game, I'm aware of the open enrollment in AZ, but you could see that centennial wasn't all that tbh. Still don't know how STA lost that game. That's why it's a bad look for them.

Colquitt vs Bishop Sullivan: This was colquitt's second worst team in recent years. How they managed to destroy a much more talented team in BS is kinda confusing. Bad look for B.S. 

BG vs MC: Bad look for BG to lose to a team that's limited offensively (very good at what they do tho). It also doesn't help BG knowing that MC didn't even win state.

DLS vs Trinity: I think my texas guys have covered this one to a T. Trinity had a short stint in their playoffs, but DLS managed to go back to cali and win it all. Kinda makes them look bad. 

Propst got it going on in Colquitt, really like how he coaches his team, if he could delete the drama as to job interviews and the extracurricular stuff that seems to go on every year 

That would make me happy, but I’m guessing the folks in Moultrie could give two shits what I think or anybody else thinks and that’s perfectly fine. 

I would put Colquitt up against anybody and expect to win. 

29 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I think so. Mainly because IMG has hand picked players and still managed to lose to a public school. 

That may be true but it’s not like IMG picks out the sisters of the poor to play against.They pick out the top Public schools in the country 

28 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Propst got it going on in Colquitt, really like how he coaches his team, if he could delete the drama as to job interviews and the extracurricular stuff that seems to go on every year 

That would make me happy, but I’m guessing the folks in Moultrie could give two shits what I think or anybody else thinks and that’s perfectly fine. 

I would put Colquitt up against anybody and expect to win. 

1. Referring to the first bolded statement: all the extra baggage that rush carries is what makes him Rush. That's why we all love him! (No homo)

2. You would put colquitt against anybody and expect to win........except for buford, right?????

30 minutes ago, Ararar said:

That may be true but it’s not like IMG picks out the sisters of the poor to play against.They pick out the top Public schools in the country 

Riight. 

So at the end of the day, if you're picking a team to represent you against every other team in America, are u gonna pick an elite private or an elite public? 

13 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

1. Referring to the first bolded statement: all the extra baggage that rush carries is what makes him Rush. That's why we all love him! (No homo)

2. You would put colquitt against anybody and expect to win........except for buford, right?????

#2.... absolutely Buford will put Rab and his stepson Blackhatter into cardiac arrest. 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

What's your feeling on texas privates ramping up their rosters and playing 5A/6A schools?  Do you think publics should avoid them like they do IMG? 

We been talking about Dunne and others around the state like they have really done something.  They got their best win ever beating the 5A Div 2 champ.  UIL still has 3 overall better classifications than that IMO.

Dunne can’t call themselves elite and lose to Liberty Christian who got smoked by Gilmer.

IMG is on different planet than basically all private schools.  They are recruiting the best players nationally.  I look forward to seeing how good these private schools can be...I believe they still have farther to go to be truly elite than most realize.  

I don’t have any issue with them playing our big boys...I look forward to the Dunne vs Desoto game this year.

This year is going to provide good measuring stick for some of these teams with games vs some quality Louisiana teams and the Desoto game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zulu1128 said:

You're assuming that private schools operate in the same manner everywhere, which isn't the case.

Fact - California private schools recruit top players from other schools including athletes that will only play their Sr year at the private school.

Fact - they provide financial aide (scholarships) to athletes on as needed bases.

1 hour ago, zulu1128 said:

Is it though, knowing what we now know about Bellevue at that time?

How many years later after that game did Bellevue get in trouble?   Bellevue wasn’t even on the map at the time.

probably the biggest embarrassment in HS football is how California people talk so much trash considering how many times DLS / Bosco have been beat OOS.

2 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Riight. 

So at the end of the day, if you're picking a team to represent you against every other team in America, are u gonna pick an elite private or an elite public? 

Depends what year we’re talking about.Just because private schools have been atop the polls lately doesn’t mean a public couldn’t have beat them.

Fact - California private schools recruit top players from other schools including athletes that will only play their Sr year at the private school.

Fact - they provide financial aide (scholarships) to athletes on as needed bases.

Fact Ohio privates won’t allow a player to transfer into their school  after their Soph year 

only if a very serious hardship 😮

How many years later after that game did Bellevue get in trouble?   Bellevue wasn’t even on the map at the time.

probably the biggest embarrassment in HS football is how California people talk so much trash considering how many times DLS / Bosco have been beat OOS.

Easy to say when you sit in your safe tilted place

C03A2E16-89BF-4CFE-882D-87B65FFD0541.gif

7 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Depends what year we’re talking about.Just because private schools have been atop the polls lately doesn’t mean a public couldn’t have beat them.

Understood. Disregard the year tho. Which type of school would u have more faith in (football wise): a public or private? Think about it now. A public has to deal with more turnover..... meaning uncertainty for that team. A private school deals with this as well, but they can easily go out a get 4 and 5 stars on their team and not even miss a beat. So who ya got???

Lol! That was at the height of their cheating. That team that beat DLS had 2 future NFL players and like 10 D1 players.....against a DLS squad that graduated.....well pretty much everyone. And it was the first year that Brother Brady pretty much castrated the Spartan football program with, ironically, a preferential admissions policy that certainly didn’t favor athletics. Trinity suffered the same fate. He’ll that ET team that lost to Bellevue would have beaten that DLS by a 100 too. Ol’ Gonch would recruit up his team, and then would call in a big name to slay. That’s his MO.

• Like 1