Dorian Hale Takes First Team Reps At Spring Ball - De La Salle

DLS_Spartan

Thanks for the update.

Coach A. has to be pretty excited having him. He’s a legit dual threat. He had been participating in a national elite 7 on 7 league and showed well. If he can run the veer effectively, Sparty will be tough. But I guess we won’t know for sure  ‘til he starts taking hits from the big boys.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Coach A. has to be pretty excited having him. He’s a legit dual threat. He had been participating in a national elite 7 on 7 league and showed well. If he can run the veer effectively, Sparty will be tough. But I guess we won’t know for sure  ‘til he starts taking hits from the big boys.

A true 50-50 dual threat is rare.  Generally (imho) most QB’s classified as dual threats are more like 60-40 run-pass.  Where do you see this kid at?

7 hours ago, On2whls said:

A true 50-50 dual threat is rare.  Generally (imho) most QB’s classified as dual threats are more like 60-40 run-pass.  Where do you see this kid at?

Hmmm. Good question. To be on honest imho, I don’t know enough about him to make that assessment. I’ve seen him drop back and throw darts, and I’ve seen him throw on the run effectively. He’s got a hell of an arm already for sure. But that was in 7 on 7 (against varsity level comp). And he absolutely dominated the freshmen with his legs. The old cliche....Man among boys. So I at this point, he’s probably more comfortable with his legs, but clearly he’s working really hard on his psssing game. I think he will be very effective at DLS for this reason. I’ll go with your 60-40 until we have more evidence.

45 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Was this a true freshman team or just another NorCal varsity opponent... The two are very similar and hard to distinguish.

Also, does DLS play at the local recreation dept? Again, very similar and hard to distinguish.

Thanks in advance!

Have no idea just found the video on youtube

3 hours ago, 1DayPGA said:

I believe he's also a lefty. For their veer offense lets hope he is 60-40 run vs pass. Anyone know if he runs track?

Foskey should have a solid season and I’d imagine a nice weapon to have to help the youngster and keep the D more honest with some play action passes and quick slants and outs and let him work.  

16 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Foskey should have a solid season and I’d imagine a nice weapon to have to help the youngster and keep the D more honest with some play action passes and quick slants and outs and let him work.  

I totally agree with this. I expect Foskey to finally be able to show what he can really do on the offensive side of the ball...other than being a strong blocker. They’d better have/find some other kids who can catch the rock too. It’ll be interesting come August. 

They are going to need a dual threat to beat Folsom week 0. 

I don't think the veer alone gets them enough points to get the W. 

If they can throw the ball at least somewhat effectively, the game will be extremely close. 

Folsoms dual threat QB Bennett is awesome and is seasoned. This game will be so fun for us fans. Two great programs finally collide on up years. It's been a minute. 

4 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Folsoms dual threat QB Bennett is awesome and is seasoned. This game will be so fun for us fans. Two great programs finally collide on up years. It's been a minute. 

One of several good contests on that first week.  Who do you think has more to lose in that game?

7 minutes ago, On2whls said:

True, but for Folsom this is their shot at earning national relevance. 

Win or lose against DLS, they’d get pummeled in the Open. Then their whole team will graduate and they’ll be back to complete irrelevance. That’s why Coach R. wants the game so bad. He knows this is their one chance. 

But it’s a moot point because DLS is going to curb stomp Folsom. Block’s too funny (like a clown) acting like Folsom’s the favorite. “Maybe DLS can keep it close”...lol🤣...it’s not gonna be fun for Folsom fans.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Win or lose against DLS, they’d get pummeled in the Open. Then their whole team will graduate and they’ll be back to complete irrelevance. That’s why Coach R. wants the game so bad. He knows this is their one chance. 

But it’s a moot point because DLS is going to curb stomp Folsom. Block’s too funny (like a clown) acting like Folsom’s the favorite. “Maybe DLS can keep it close”...lol🤣...it’s not gonna be fun for Folsom fans.

@PrepGridiron while we are on the subject of antagonizing.................see above. 

"Irrelevance"? - top 10 team in the nation.

"Curb stomp"? C'mon man. 

Absolute joke. 

7 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Maybe you will grace us will some foul language tonight?

Not that you don’t deserve it, clownboy, but nah. I made a promise that I’d keep it clean. And being man of integrity, I will honor that promise. Unlike you, after somehow shlepping his way back in here, is doing the same ol shtick. Apparently, you’re not banned anymore, but you are back on ignore.