Dorian Hale Takes First Team Reps At Spring Ball - De La Salle

DLS_Spartan

5 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Not that you don’t deserve it, clownboy, but nah. I made a promise that I’d keep it clean. And being man of integrity, I will honor that promise. Unlike you, after somehow shlepping his way back in here, is doing the same ol shtick. Apparently, you’re not banned anymore, but you are back on ignore.

Ignore list you go as well. 

The mutual feeling. 

1 hour ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Irrelevance"? - top 10 team in the nation.

I did not say “irrelevant”.   All Folsom has to do is beat DLS and you won’t have to demand respect on their behalf, it will happen automatically, at least for knowledgeable football fans. 

14 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Win or lose against DLS, they’d get pummeled in the Open. Then their whole team will graduate and they’ll be back to complete irrelevance. That’s why Coach R. wants the game so bad. He knows this is their one chance. 

But it’s a moot point because DLS is going to curb stomp Folsom. Block’s too funny (like a clown) acting like Folsom’s the favorite. “Maybe DLS can keep it close”...lol🤣...it’s not gonna be fun for Folsom fans.

Their whole team isn’t graduating. They’re expected to be very good the following season as well. 

• Like 1

There going to have to figure it out soon with us (BISHOP GORMAN) and mater dei veer wasn't even a challenge I been waiting to watch de la salle for years hopefully it's a better game this year but gorman and mater dei both have reloaded 

23 minutes ago, Antt said:

There going to have to figure it out soon with us (BISHOP GORMAN) and mater dei veer wasn't even a challenge I been waiting to watch de la salle for years hopefully it's a better game this year but gorman and mater dei both have reloaded 

BG was handled by the veer in 2010 with an OL that averaged 215#

difference was a 2nd dimension to keep you honest (Elite 11 QB)

DLS can’t succeed against the new super teams when they put 8 or 9 guys in box, but the easiest resolution to that is just to have a passing threat to keep em honest 

I look forward to the tie breaker of the BG series this year — DLS didn’t show well last year

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Folsom Prison said:

Their whole team isn’t graduating. They’re expected to be very good the following season as well. 

Of course their whole team isn’t graduating and they’ll still be good...playing the usual suspects. But anyone who’s anyone minus the younger Ngata will be gone. The only reason that they’re getting any national respect whatsoever is because of the Ngata brothers. Once they’re gone and Bennett’s gone, it’ll be back to the usual. They’ll always be a very good NorCal team and a decent Cali team. 

3 hours ago, Antt said:

I agree. DLS is going to have to step it up to compete withe super teams. That said,  I think you’re going to see a much more competitive game with BG, and whoever they play in the Open. 

13 hours ago, Pops said:

BG was handled by the veer in 2010 with an OL that averaged 215#

difference was a 2nd dimension to keep you honest (Elite 11 QB)

DLS can’t succeed against the new super teams when they put 8 or 9 guys in box, but the easiest resolution to that is just to have a passing threat to keep em honest 

I look forward to the tie breaker of the BG series this year — DLS didn’t show well last year

Yea I agree but this is a hold different level of bishop Gorman now day's but yea a passing threat and better DBs would help I remember our qb said there weakness is there DBs if coach let me I'll pass every play BUT at the end of the day you have to respect De la salle there like the OG OF HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL LOL 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Blueliner said:

I agree. DLS is going to have to step it up to compete withe super teams. That said,  I think you’re going to see a much more competitive game with BG, and whoever they play in the Open. 

I'm looking forward to it especially going to de la salle nothing like a trip to the bay area 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Antt said:

Yea I agree but this is a hold different level of bishop Gorman now day's but yea a passing threat and better DBs would help I remember our qb said there weakness is there DBs if coach let me I'll pass every play BUT at the end of the day you have to respect De la salle there like the OG OF HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL LOL 

That BG was huge along the lines and had Shaq Powell at RB. That team had talent, but lacked the depth of today’s Gaels teams. BG got worn out in that game...that won’t happen anymore. 

The Dbs for dls were pretty good that year. Anthony Williams and Antoine Pickett (he ran the opening kickoff for a TD) were the corners, and soph DJ Moffitt was a safety. But that was, I think, the second year after losing DB Coach Ward. To me the Dbs have never the same since then. After both of his sons played at DLS and went onto play in the NFL, he left for a bigger job himself.

19 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Of course their whole team isn’t graduating and they’ll still be good...playing the usual suspects. But anyone who’s anyone minus the younger Ngata will be gone. The only reason that they’re getting any national respect whatsoever is because of the Ngata brothers. Once they’re gone and Bennett’s gone, it’ll be back to the usual. They’ll always be a very good NorCal team and a decent Cali team. 

Wrong. They're JV team was undefeated last year in one of the toughest leagues in all of NorCal. All of those players will be coming up next year.

This team will make a lot of noise for the near future. I know that makes some angry, but it is the truth. Great program, arguably the best in NorCal right now.

2 hours ago, Blueliner said:

That BG was huge along the lines and had Shaq Powell at RB. That team had talent, but lacked the depth of today’s Gaels teams. BG got worn out in that game...that won’t happen anymore. 

The Dbs for dls were pretty good that year. Anthony Williams and Antoine Pickett (he ran the opening kickoff for a TD) were the corners, and soph DJ Moffitt was a safety. But that was, I think, the second year after losing DB Coach Ward. To me the Dbs have never the same since then. After both of his sons played at DLS and went onto play in the NFL, he left for a bigger job himself.

Am not certain but think DJ was a LB in ‘10 and thought Ward was coaching until a couple or three years ago (pretty sure he was there in ‘13 at least)

• Like 1

On 5/9/2018 at 11:20 PM, On2whls said:

A true 50-50 dual threat is rare.  Generally (imho) most QB’s classified as dual threats are more like 60-40 run-pass.  Where do you see this kid at?

On 5/12/2018 at 8:15 AM, Blueliner said:

I totally agree with this. I expect Foskey to finally be able to show what he can really do on the offensive side of the ball...other than being a strong blocker. They’d better have/find some other kids who can catch the rock too. It’ll be interesting come August. 

Besides Foskey, who hopefully can give DLS the threat of getting past the safeties when they cheat on the veer like Asiasi used to do (remember that one hand grab at home that was a thing of beauty). Will DLS have any speed at receiving that will be able to stretch the field. If they have a long threat that will keep defenses honest and prevent them from loading the box they may be on to something. 

26 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Who let Block back on the forum??

@The Comish

Where is the securities team? Are they on vacation?

@PrepGridiron is well aware of my presence. No need to tattle tale.

I have informed him that I will not be engaging in back and forth trolling. There is no need for that.

I would like to keep all things football related.

Thank you.

26 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

What is your prediction?

It's too early for predictions; the game is still aways away and there is much that can happen between now and then.

But if everyone on both teams stay healthy throughout the summer and there are no other surprises, DLS should win if they hold on to the football.  They put it on the ground and give it up multiple times, they will lose.  They fall behind by double digits, they will probably lose.  They control the clock and score, they win.  Same formula for all of DLS's big games.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2018 at 9:43 AM, Pops said:

That’s OK

We know you don’t use your money to travel — got to spend it on something besides personalized trailers 

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 5/12/2018 at 12:51 PM, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

They are going to need a dual threat to beat Folsom week 0. 

I don't think the veer alone gets them enough points to get the W. 

If they can throw the ball at least somewhat effectively, the game will be extremely close. 

Folsoms dual threat QB Bennett is awesome and is seasoned. This game will be so fun for us fans. Two great programs finally collide on up years. It's been a minute. 

As much as I want it to be a close exciting game, I have changed my original take on the game from Folsom by 10 to DLS by a shit load.  Everything I have been seeing and hearing from my nephews just seems like a pretty darn good outlook on DLS list year.  They are really excited and optimistic for this coming year and with Hale catching on way faster than I thought, its just going to be way too much for Folsom.  DLS by 3tds.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

As much as I want it to be a close exciting game, I have changed my original take on the game from Folsom by 10 to DLS by a shit load.  Everything I have been seeing and hearing from my nephews just seems like a pretty darn good outlook on DLS list year.  They are really excited and optimistic for this coming year and with Hale catching on way faster than I thought, its just going to be way too much for Folsom.  DLS by 3tds.  

Do you know much about the lines ? I hear they lost 4 starters on o-line, and we know the D-line lost Tuli. This is the key, in my opinion, how well a new o-line can jell with new qb. 1rst game is always a crap shoot.