USA Today way too early rankings

Bodysurf

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

BC too high at 9. Looking fwd to seeing Grayson vs BC in Buford on 8/31. 

BC getting stomped last year 62-14 by MD set NJ football back at least a decade.......on lack of effort alone (pitiful)

Won't be much better vs Grayson.

Bergen Catholic brings nothing Grayson hasn't seen. 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They're just generating hits for their site. It's slow season for football. 

I don't really think he has Georgia right, but, at this stage, honestly nobody knows. 

I think having Marietta and Grayson isn't terrible. I wouldn't have Archer ahead of Colquitt though. It's a way too early poll. For fun. 

Grayson...Marietta and North Gwinnett are givens for Georgia AAAAAAA Top Ten.  Archer and Colquitt might be in the bottom part of the list.  Lowndes and McEachern around the middle.  Walton possibly should be considered...and the super sleeper this year....Camden.  Better not count the Bluecats out.  

Never trust Bullet Bob.

NEVER !!!!

Rufus>>

3 minutes ago, RedZone said:

BC getting stomped last year 62-14 by MD set NJ football back at least a decade.......on lack of effort alone (pitiful)

Jersey getting the Norcross treatment.   Sometimes you play a team that's on fire.   It happens.   I guess peeps gonna overreact no matter what. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Grayson has a new coaching staff is the problem... This isnt the staff thats accompanied them on all these OOS games.

Grayson will still be good, just not sure at what level yet.

They have the talent to be #3, but talent needs coaching... And thats a mystery right now.
How they do vs. Tucker on the 25th will tell a lot. Tucker loses a TON of talent... But is usually decent-to-good no matter what... So well see.

20 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Grayson has a new coaching staff is the problem... This isnt the staff thats accompanied them on all these OOS games.

Grayson will still be good, just not sure at what level yet.

They have the talent to be #3, but talent needs coaching... And thats a mystery right now.
How they do vs. Tucker on the 25th will tell a lot. Tucker loses a TON of talent... But is usually decent-to-good no matter what... So well see.

The biggest problem IMO...

Graysons 2nd year HC Christian Hunnicutt was the reason Graysons assistant coachs left en masse after this season. That tells me there is a problem. 

I didnt understand that hire... From Mickey Conn, to Jeff Herron, to... Christian Hunnicutt? A guy that coached a single season as a HC for a terrible team.

Maybe Ill turn out to be wrong... But I feel like Grayson is going to go the way of Camden Co. under Welton Coffey after Jeff Herron left. Grayson just has more talent so they can cover it up better than Camden... Its a shame... Grayson will be very talented from now til the foreseeable future... Hopefully if Hunnicutt isnt getting the job done, they have the cajones to get rid of him.

----

I know most of the Grayson posters here feel the same way... It gives you a sinking feeling when all your assistant coaches quit after 1 season because of the new HC.

I noticed they still dont even have an offensive coordinator & Michael Pollack left months ago...

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They're just generating hits for their site. It's slow season for football. 

I don't really think he has Georgia right, but, at this stage, honestly nobody knows. 

I think having Marietta and Grayson isn't terrible. I wouldn't have Archer ahead of Colquitt though. It's a way too early poll. For fun. 

Could you imagine the irrational shitstorm if things played out and folks actually lend credence to these polls. 

C9B5DC4C-AC7A-41D5-846F-81A248B45506.jpeg

• Like 1

(my early vote)

1. IMG Academy (US) — Let's not kid ourselves.
2. Allen (Texas) — Pretty complete team.
3. St. John Bosco (Calif.) — You can flip a coin between 2-4 imo.
4. Mater Dei (Calif.) — See above.
5. St. Frances Academy (Md.) — I love what they're doing right now.
6. Lake Travis (Texas) — Good young talent. Probably won't run the table, but still...
7. St. John's College (Md.) — Think this is the WCAC favorite for now.
8. Chandler (Ariz.) — If the QB stays healthy, like their chances against just about anyone.
9. Bishop Gorman (Nev.) — You can pencil them in for the top 10 about every year now.
10. North Gwinnett (Ga.) — Still has a lot left, but I'm not sold they'll repeat. We'll see.
11. Katy (Texas) — I don't care that they don't play OOS. If you win Texas, you're legit. Period.
12. Cardinal Gibbons (Fla.) — Think this is the year they take over Broward.
13. Colquitt County (Ga.) — Should probably flip them with NG, but whatever.
14. American Heritage (Fla.) — Will take a step back but not enough to fall off completely.
15. Grayson (Ga.) — Offense is a concern, but their front seven is ferocious.
16. Corona Centennial (Calif.) — Their spread execution is as good as Bellevue's Wing-T execution.
17. De La Salle (Calif.) — They still match up well with a lot of teams above them.
18. Hoover (Ala.) — As a community, they "get it" when it comes to consistent success.
19. Colerain (Ohio) — My default Ohio team every year. It's my blind spot, I admit.
20. Bergen Catholic (N.J.) — Won't go undefeated because of their schedule, but the best BNU team.
21. South Pointe (S.C.) — They bring back enough to keep it rolling.
22. Brentwood Academy (Tenn.) — From a coaching and talent standpoint, the clear leader in this state.
23. Lincoln-Way East (Ill.) — Would love to see them play, say, St. Ed's or something.
24. Muskegon (Mich.) — Their new QB is excellent and that offense is a bitch to handle.
25. University Lab (La.) — They try to get too fancy sometimes on offense, but this is a good team.

Hard to keep out these 10 (in alphabetical order):
Archbishop Hoban (Ohio)
Bingham (Utah)
Coatesville (Pa.)
Duncanville (Texas)
Miami Central (Fla.)
Narbonne (Calif.)
North Shore (Galena Park, Texas)
St. Joseph's Prep (Pa.)
St. Louis (Hawaii)
St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.)

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

(my early vote)

6. Lake Travis (Texas) — Good young talent. Probably won't run the table, but still...
8. Chandler (Ariz.) — If the QB stays healthy, like their chances against just about anyone.
9. Bishop Gorman (Nev.) — You can pencil them in for the top 10 about every year now.
10. North Gwinnett (Ga.) — Still has a lot left, but I'm not sold they'll repeat. We'll see.
11. Katy (Texas) — I don't care that they don't play OOS. If you win Texas, you're legit. Period.
14. American Heritage (Fla.) — Will take a step back but not enough to fall off completely.
16. Corona Centennial (Calif.) — Their spread execution is as good as Bellevue's Wing-T execution.
17. De La Salle (Calif.) — They still match up well with a lot of teams above them.
18. Hoover (Ala.) — As a community, they "get it" when it comes to consistent success.
19. Colerain (Ohio) — My default Ohio team every year. It's my blind spot, I admit.
20. Bergen Catholic (N.J.) — Won't go undefeated because of their schedule, but the best BNU team.
22. Brentwood Academy (Tenn.) — From a coaching and talent standpoint, the clear leader in this state.
23. Lincoln-Way East (Ill.) — Would love to see them play, say, St. Ed's or something.
24. Muskegon (Mich.) — Their new QB is excellent and that offense is a bitch to handle.
25. University Lab (La.) — They try to get too fancy sometimes on offense, but this is a good team.

Archbishop Hoban (Ohio)
Bingham (Utah)
Coatesville (Pa.)
Duncanville (Texas)
Miami Central (Fla.)
Narbonne (Calif.)
St. Joseph's Prep (Pa.)
St. Louis (Hawaii)

Finally a poll i can get behind 

Even though I disagree with IMG, img hasn't had a team like that 2016 team and right now they don't appear to be as loaded as even last year so don't be surprised to see that winning streak end sooner rather than later 

23 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Florida and Texas only have (2) teams each listed.  New Jersey and Ohio (1) each.  Hence my observation that they are trending down as compared to past years.

Maryland with (2) Top 10.  Hence trending up.

Pretty self evident.

If you are using a poll done in May that couldn't even get the correct non IMG FL team in the poll as your proof FL has dropped off then you are a bigger idiot than most on the board see you as already 

If you gonna use a poll to prove yourself correct then use a end of season poll from last year, that way it is basing rankings on actual RESULTS

7 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

If there is no data why are they wasting time putting out weak Rankings

I would respect them more if they wouldn't rank until they actually know what they are talking about 

That’s why I usually wait 2 or 3 weeks into the season before I release my No Nonsense poll. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RedZone said:

Getting stomped by last year’s MD team is nothing to bitch about. The Monarchs stomped a mud hole in everyone they faced. BC was a legit top 20-30 team last year and they should be formidable this year as well. BC/Grayson should be a very good game. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Getting stomped by last year’s MD team is nothing to bitch about. The Monarchs stomped a mud hole in everyone they faced. BC was a legit top 20-30 team last year and they should be formidable this year as well. BC/Grayson should be a very good game. 

BC was 0-2 last year OOS.

Played like crap vs Wood too.

Grayson wins by 3 or 4 TDs.

6 hours ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

(my early vote)

Archbishop Hoban (Ohio)
Bingham (Utah)
Coatesville (Pa.)
Duncanville (Texas)
Miami Central (Fla.)
Narbonne (Calif.)
St. Joseph's Prep (Pa.)
St. Louis (Hawaii)

Sir....you have (3) Georgia teams in your Top 25.  One is Colquitt County.

You need to be paintballed......

Rufus>>

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

is #19 in the nation a default position?

Not sure I can buy that logic.

Overall not bad.

How does UHigh get too fancy on offense? They have a RB who is close to committing to Alabama. They run it 80% of the time.

33 minutes ago, RedZone said:

is #19 in the nation a default position?

Not sure I can buy that logic.

Overall not bad.

How does UHigh get too fancy on offense? They have a RB who is close to committing to Alabama. They run it 80% of the time.

Good early call on UhIgh tho.  Will have to place them in the Tiers this year.  Anyone else we should know about?..