Preparing For War With Canada...

Rufus69

13 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

America First means us against the World. So I guess we hate everybody. Whoever succeeds DJT is going to have a lot of repairing to do. It may take half of his first four years. 

Wrong.

America First means we act in our own best interests and expect everyone else to act in theirs.

It's simple, really.

Accepting large trade deficits year after year is apparently fine with the left. No wonder the rest of the G7 loves you.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

I guess DJT must be God, himself. Not sure why a special place in hell would be reserved for someone that does Trump wrong. 

He probably should have just kept it simple and called him Hitler or something similar.

Stick to the Liberal-Progressivism for Dummies manual.

1 minute ago, concha said:

Wrong.

America First means we act in our own best interests and expect everyone else to act in theirs.

It's simple, really.

Accepting large trade deficits year after year is apparently fine with the left. No wonder the rest of the G7 loves you.

If you believe for one moment that to have your surrogates go on TV and proclaim "a special place in hell" for Justin T is normal, or appropriate, then all I have to say is, you are as out there as DJT! 

11 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

If you believe for one moment that to have your surrogates go on TV and proclaim "a special place in hell" for Justin T is normal, or appropriate, then all I have to say is, you are as out there as DJT! 

As opposed to the non-stop unicorns and rainbows spoken of Trump and his team every frigging day on multiple networks?

🤣

13 minutes ago, concha said:

As opposed to the non-stop unicorns and rainbows spoken of Trump and his team every frigging day on multiple networks?

🤣

You are doubling down and the sad thing is  you know better. For I believe you are  an intelligent man. But because you have "taken your position" you can't acknowledge that you have made a mistake.

The sad thing is, not only will it probably bury you and his other supporters, but it will also screw the rest of us who realize that the emperor has no clothes. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

You are doubling down and the sad thing is  you know better. For I believe you are  an intelligent man. But because you have "taken your position" you can't acknowledge that you have made a mistake.

The sad thing is, not only will it probably bury you and his other supporters, but it will also screw the rest of us who realizes that the emperor has no clothes. 

I think you hit the nail on the head...some Trumpers here have disappeared and no longer try and defend the crazy fool...like Jimbo and Tex...they got tired of always taking a bullet for the fool....Concha and GSB on the other hand are 110% in...they represent the Trumpers who Donny said "I could shoot someone on 5th Ave. and still have their support".....sad

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

The sad thing is, not only will it probably bury you and his other supporters, but it will also screw the rest of us who realize that the emperor has no clothes. 

Mistake?

Unemployment at historic lows, GDP growing, a president willing to stand up and call bullshit on trade agreements that subject us to chronic and massive trade deficits, possible peace on the Korean Peninsula...

I'll make the mistake all day long if these are the results.

Carry on with the tantrum.

17 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Not the biggest Trump fan, but stopping other countries from scamming us out of billions every year? I'm in. We'll see how prosperous they are without Uncle Sam sending them free welfare every year. 

you mean Israel??...who isn't part of the G-7....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, concha said:

Mistake?

Unemployment at historic lows, GDP growing, a president willing to stand up and call bullshit on trade agreements that subject us to chronic and massive trade deficits, possible peace on the Korean Peninsula...

I'll make the mistake all day long if these are the results.

Carry on with the tantrum.

I will leave you with this:

1 hour ago, concha said:

.... call bullshit on trade agreements that subject us to chronic and massive trade deficits...

This is complete nonsense for multiple reasons I won't go into in this post -- But the very first one would be that Crime Family Don told our best allies stop doing things they aren't doing. Trump demanded that G7 members remove their "ridiculous and unacceptable" tariffs on US goods -- Which would be hard for them to do because their tariffs are very low (e.g. US exports to the EU average just 3%).  

I can think of only two reasons for Crime Family Don's petulant G7 debacle:

1) He's Putin's Puppet -- Yelling at friendly nations about sins they aren't committing won't bring back American jobs, but it is exactly what someone who does want to break up the Western Alliance would want to see.

-or-

2) He can't stand spending time with powerful people who won't flatter him or try to bribe him -- Rule-of-law democracies cannot deliver the emoluments Trump collects from more authoritarian regimes. They cannot expedite Ivanka Trump’s trademarks to gain favor. They won't try to sway him with a state-owned Chinese company’s $500 million investment in an Indonesian project that had licensed Trump’s name.  They don’t book their national-day celebrations in Washington’s Trump International Hotel. etc.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DBP66 said:

I think you hit the nail on the head...some Trumpers here have disappeared and no longer try and defend the crazy fool...like Jimbo and Tex...they got tired of always taking a bullet for the fool....Concha and GSB on the other hand are 110% in...they represent the Trumpers who Donny said "I could shoot someone on 5th Ave. and still have their support".....sad

God bless Trump.. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

This is complete nonsense for multiple reasons I won't go into in this post -- But the very first one would be that Crime Family Don told our best allies stop doing things they aren't doing. Trump demanded that G7 members remove their "ridiculous and unacceptable" tariffs on US goods -- Which would be hard for them to do because their tariffs are very low (e.g. US exports to the EU average just 3%).  

1) He's Putin's Puppet -- Yelling at friendly nations about sins they aren't committing won't bring back American jobs, but it is exactly what someone who does want to break up the Western Alliance would want to see.

-or-

2) He can't stand spending time with powerful people who won't flatter him or try to bribe him -- Rule-of-law democracies cannot deliver the emoluments Trump collects from more authoritarian regimes. They cannot expedite Ivanka Trump’s trademarks to gain favor. They won't try to sway him with a state-owned Chinese company’s $500 million investment in an Indonesian project that had licensed Trump’s name.  They don’t book their national-day celebrations in Washington’s Trump International Hotel. etc.

Interesting how an average is used.

US cars are hit with a 10% tariff by the EU.  EU exports to the US? Just 2.5%.

You can count on a gold star sticker from the Hysterical Middle School Girl Posse for the gratuitous Putin reference.

1 minute ago, concha said:

You can count on a gold star sticker from the Hysterical Middle School Girl Posse for the gratuitous Putin reference.

US cars are terrible. That is why everyone who is half educated drives imports.

Expect for probably in the south! LMFAO!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

-or-

Exactly! Add the fact that young Trudeau is in the prime of life and handsome and Trump could not help but trash him.

Pathetic old man in the service of Russia!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, concha said:

I shouldn't have to explain to the self proclaimed Ivy educated Finance and Stats VSG why the average is used here instead of a single cherry picked statistic.  I will probably hate myself in the morning for even entertaining this dis-ingenuousness.

The average tariff tells us that overall the G7 members have very open markets - Contrary to what you are being told.  

Every nation has a few sectors, mainly in agriculture, but elsewhere too, that have old fashioned high barriers.  The EU imposes a 10% tariff on cars.  The US imposes a 25% tariff on light trucks.  Overall a trivial factor in world trade.

WRT to your snarky comment about being hysterical and gratuitous, Crime Family Don could probably help himself by not launching into full Putin puppet hysteria ahead of the meeting, inviting exactly those questions...Russian TV seemed to like it though...  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, RedZone said:

So we hate Mexicans, Muslims, Germans and now Canadians too > all in about 500 days.

Keep those manly memes coming, kids.

You forgot to add that we love Russians, Chinese and North Koreans. May as well throw in Cubans, Venezuelans and who ever else is run by a dictator or communism. Lol chumps daddy already told him to get his country back in the G7.

6 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

-or-

Post of the year candidate!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

I shouldn't have to explain to the self proclaimed Ivy educated Finance and Stats VSG why the average is used here instead of a single cherry picked statistic.  I will probably hate myself in the morning for even entertaining this dis-ingenuousness.

The average tariff tells us that overall the G7 members have very open markets - Contrary to what you are being told.  

Every nation has a few sectors, mainly in agriculture, but elsewhere too, that have old fashioned high barriers.  The EU imposes a 10% tariff on cars.  The US imposes a 25% tariff on light trucks.  Overall a trivial factor in world trade.

WRT to your snarky comment about being hysterical and gratuitous, Crime Family Don could probably help himself by not launching into full Putin puppet hysteria ahead of the meeting, inviting exactly those questions...Russian TV seemed to like it though...  

Do you even know how the average is calculated? Are all kinds of tariff percentages just added up and divided (a silly calculation)? Is it the average actually applied to actual imports (which would not take into account exports to the EU that simply don't happen due to the tariffs to begin with)? Do you know?

Per Germany's premier economic think-tank:

https://global.handelsblatt.com/politics/trump-may-point-eu-tariffs-ifo-says-899083

US President Donald Trump may actually have a point when it comes to unfair taxes on US goods coming into Europe. That is the finding of a new study by a leading German think tank. Where they differ is how to deal with it: The group urges new talks to lower tariffs across the board, instead of engaging in a tit-for-tat escalation in new taxes.

“The EU is by no means the paradise for free traders that it likes to think,” said Gabriel Felbermayr, director of the ifo Center for International Economics, a division of the Munich-based ifo Institute. The European Union actually comes off as the bigger offender when compared to the US, he added.