GEICO ESPN high school kickoff schedule set

Las Vegas_JC

“Seven teams ranked in the Way Too Early Super 25 high school football rankings will play in the GEICO ESPN High School Kickoff from Friday, Aug. 24 to Sunday, Aug. 26.

The event, in its ninth year, will be held on various ESPN channels and  includes seven defending state champions and 21 seniors in the ESPN 300 player rankings.

The event begins Aug. 24 with two games that are rematches of key 2017 contests. At 6 p.m. on ESPNU, No. 25 Warren Central (Indianapolis) will play at Kentucky 6A champion Trinity (Louisville). Trinity won last year’s game 42-41.

At 9 p.m. on ESPNU, No. 4 Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.), which was last year’s Super 25 champion, will play No. 12 Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas). The Monarchs of Mater Dei who won last year’s game, 35-21 at home, travel to Las Vegas this year.......”

http://usatodayhss.com/2018/seven-super-25-teams-will-play-in-the-geico-espn-high-school-kickoff

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

August 24

6pm ESPNU

Warren Central (IN) @ Trinity (KY)

9pm ESPNU

Mater Dei (CA) @ Gorman ( NV)

August 25  

12pm EST ESPN

Pinson Valley (AL) @ Hoover (AL)

3:30pm EST ESPN

Cedar Grove (GA) vs Hewitt-Trussville (AL) @ Hoover 

6pm EST ESPNU

Tucker (GA) @ Grayson (GA)

7pm EST ESPN2

DeMatha (MD) @ STA (FL)

August 26 

12:30pm ESPN

Phillips (IL) @ Pickerington Central (OH) 

• Thanks 3

Some solid games...

Im actually interested to see Phillips IL play... I want to see if they were legit... Playing Pickerington Central, OHs defending D1 champ will be a good test... I wouldnt be surprised if Phillips won...

Phillips brings back 5 on O & 6 on D.

Pickerington Central brings back 3 on O & 4 on D ... I got that from their starting lineup vs. Mentor in last years State Title game... Their QB, Crenshaw, will be a Junior this season... He was pretty solid.

Cedar Grove, a Top 3 GA 3A team, vs. Hewitt-Trussville AL, who is ranked #4 in all of Alabama at CP this Preseason.

They have some very good talent on O. Cedar Grove is going to be in for a dogfight.

Hewitt-Trussvilles recruits on 247sports composite:

5* OT Pierce Quick - Alabama Commit

4* QB Paul Tyson - Alabama Commit

4* WR Dazalin Worsham - Alabama Commit

4* CB Malachi Moore

3* OG Joseph Stone - Arkansas Commit

3* WR Ja'Varrius Johnson - Auburn Commit

3* DT Eric Taylor

3* OG Logan Self

2* K Parker Colburn 

SDE Tyler Antkowiak - Offers from Akron & UAB

They also have a class of 2021 (Rising Sophomore) RB Armoni Goodwin, that already has offers from Ole Miss, Southern Miss, & UAB...

Strong on the OL, strong QB, strong RB, & strong WRs... Should be an elite offense.

=========

DeMatha vs STA is interesting in that... Both teams were very disappointing last year... Given STAs talent level, losing 3 games was unacceptable. Shows how important a good, or atleast game managing QB is ... 

Just last season DeMatha was beaten 5 times (6-5)... Which was the same as theyd been beaten in the 4 years prior to last season. Obviously it was a tough season, but you have to think the odds of it happening again are low.

This game will be a springboard for 1 of these teams. My $ is on STA.

• Like 1

I might go check out that DeMatha/STA.

And I think Phillips will be real good. Their head coach is trying to build a national brand. Started last year after playing and beating one of the best teams in Illinois (Loyola Academy). I've met the head coach and he's a good guy in my opinion. So I'll be rooting for their success.

• Like 2

Phillips is an interesting story. They have very little in resources to build a program and their coach is quite a character. He has been able to connect with his kids and that has has helped the talent flow to the school.

It will be a huge step up for them against P Cent however. It would have been better for them if the game was scheduled later in the year. They are good in the lower classes but would not fair well against the big boys in IL. They did win against what was essentially Loyola's second string last year but come playoff time IMO, they would not have come within three TDs of Loyola.

That said, I hope they show well against P Cent... Looking forward to that game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gospeeder said:

Phillips is an interesting story. They have very little in resources to build a program and their coach is quite a character. He has been able to connect with his kids and that has has helped the talent flow to the school.

It will be a huge step up for them against P Cent however. It would have been better for them if the game was scheduled later in the year. They are good in the lower classes but would not fair well against the big boys in IL. They did win against what was essentially Loyola's second string last year but come playoff time IMO, they would not have come within three TDs of Loyola.

That said, I hope they show well against P Cent... Looking forward to that game.

I was rather high on them. But if you say they wouldn't have beat Loyola come playoff time Ima back off because I really dont know.... They just had the appearance of a strong team. I was thinking they might be #1 in IL this Preseason ..... 

Im assuming LWE will start where they ended @ #1?

8 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Hmmm ... Ok , Ill take your word for it. I was rather high on them. But if you say they wouldn't have beat Loyola come playoff time Ima back off. I was thinking they might be #1 in IL this Preseason ..... 

Im assuming LWE will start where they ended @ #1?

Phillips has no chance.  The top dog in IL would be an underdog against Pickerington Central.

6 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

9pm eastern!!! what the eff??? it will be like 104 at 6pm in Vagas that day? sun wont set until 8:30...are they trying to kill the monarch fans???

image.jpeg.881b092e972119e0981f863db2eabd66.jpeg

N we putting you guy's facing the sun and we wearing our NEW home White's jerseys so you guys have to wear dark colors and you have to use the golfers locker room 15 min walk on the other side of campus and we will pipe in extra crowd noise when you on offense 

• Haha 4

Just now, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Appeasing the south. Nothing new. That is they're whole life there.

We are content. And better than Colquitt.

😎

Has Foolsom ever played an ESPN game?

They have a puny list and never made ESPN. 

Colquitt is far better than Falsem, ahem, I mean Foolsom.

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Has Foolsom ever played an ESPN game?

They have a puny list and never made ESPN. 

Colquitt is far better than Falsem, ahem, I mean Foolsom.

Yes, they have. Versus Grant 2010. That team won a state title that year against a heavily favored Serra of Gardena.

And our list is better and more impressive than yours.

Winning! 🏆

2 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Yes, they have. Versus Grant 2010. That team won a state title that year against a heavily favored Serra of Gardena.

And our list is better and more impressive than yours.

Winning! 🏆

Y'all haven't been relevant for ESPN in almost a decade already?!

Christ on a crutch!

You are the laughing stock of the national football scene. 

middle-finger-gif-7.gif.a4b1c290b72fc2621f7ac34f8558d144.gif

• Like 1