Urban Meyer covers and lies for wife beater coach.

HooverOutlaw

2 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

I’ll hold others accountable when we know ALL the facts ..... how about not jumping to conclusions what people may or may not have known? 

Can you say with certainty his wife told him? Because I can’t right now. 

Your point was that every program and every coach fucks up, so it is acceptable for any coach to act however they please. Your point I was commenting on wasn't that he did or didn't lie, but that since you think it goes on everywhere, it is OK to go on at OSU too. That ain't holding people accountable, that's a poor excuse for bad behavior.

I agreed that he is in jeopardy of repercussions (as is his wife) if they knew what had occurred and didn't bring it to the attention of others. I didn't jump to a conclusion that he is guilty.

You said something like, "Ah, shit like this goes on everywhere...let it slide." And you've held the same opinion on other inexcusable conduct, just because "others" or "real men" have been guilty of the same crap.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

You said something like, "Ah, shit like this goes on everywhere...let it slide." And you've held the same opinion on other inexcusable conduct, just because "others" or "real men" have been guilty of the same crap.

Not let it slide but Simply pointing out that there’s a lot of bad shit out there in big time college athletics. 

Brian kelly told a 20 year old student manager to get up on a scissor lift In 50+ mph winds because he hates indoor practice.  The kid tweeted how dangerous it was while up there and minutes later it blew over and he died. 

I would  feel like a complete asshole  lying about knowing about DV but I would feel a hell of a lot more guilty with a death on my conscience..... but that’s just me. 

16 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Not let it slide but Simply pointing out that there’s a lot of bad shit out there in big time college athletics. 

Brian kelly told a 20 year old student manager to get up on a scissor lift In 50+ mph winds because he hates indoor practice.  The kid tweeted how dangerous it was while up there and minutes later it blew over and he died. 

I would  feel like a complete asshole  lying about knowing about DV but I would feel a hell of a lot more guilty with a death on my conscience..... but that’s just me. 

Yes and he should have been fired. 

1 hour ago, Mjd33 said:

Former CIA personnel thinks she should be in jail. But what would he know right?  I’m sure Not more than some wise guy in Georgia lol. 

Idgaf what you think with your, you are against the mob mentality spill on this subject while being the actual mob on another. 

Zero credibility to debate anything on this subject with a wise guy from Moultrie. I can tell you that right now.

:P

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Due process is only a criminal matter in courts. This is not a criminal matter. This is a public perception issue and one that Ohio state needs to address now. If they keep him the perception is gonna be win at all costs and nothing else matters. 

Not totally true.  The university will have policies and procedures that will have to be followed that mimic due process.  If they don't, he may still have lost his job but they will owe him the buyout.  If it is for cause and they dot the Is and cross the Ts they can fire him for cause (the aforementioned representing the university in a poor manner) and not have to pay the buyout.

6 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Not just the head football coach, but all OSU employees are obligated to follow the Title IX reporting requirements. Which is why his wife, an OSU employee, is in jeopardy as well.

Wait, his wife is an tOSU employee?  Why? 😲

11 minutes ago, Fred said:

Not totally true.  The university will have policies and procedures that will have to be followed that mimic due process.  If they don't, he may still have lost his job but they will owe him the buyout.  If it is for cause and they dot the Is and cross the Ts they can fire him for cause (the aforementioned representing the university in a poor manner) and not have to pay the buyout.

Yea they have their own policies but they dont have to defend their decision like they would if this was a criminal matter in a court. Idk what Ohio state is even waiting for. They can easily dump meyers based on ethics and not living up to the osu standards. But I'm sure they are finding a way to fire him with cause so they dont have to pay him. 

8 minutes ago, Fred said:

Wait, his wife is an tOSU employee?  Why? 😲

I read that she is a nurse, and teaches at the OSU Nursing School. Why? Perhaps she likes teaching, or she wants to feel as though she is contributing, or she likes taking people's temperature, or feels free wearing scrubs. I don't really know why.

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yea they have their own policies but they dont have to defend their decision like they would if this was a criminal matter in a court. Idk what Ohio state is even waiting for. They can easily dump meyers based on ethics and not living up to the osu standards. But I'm sure they are finding a way to fire him with cause so they dont have to pay him. 

If he is a state employee and not an athletic association employee they do indeed have to defend like a court of law.  Civil service rules come into play.  They also have to be ready to defend their action in a court of law because if there isn't cause and/or they don't follow the procedures exactly he can come after them for all sorts of things including defamation of character impacting his ability to continue in his profession and would likely win.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

I read that she is a nurse, and teaches at the OSU Nursing School. Why? Perhaps she likes teaching, or she wants to feel as though she is contributing, or she likes taking people's temperature, or feels free wearing scrubs. I don't really know why.

Okay, that makes sense.  I was thinking she might have some fluff job and that was making me go huh?

10 minutes ago, Fred said:

If he is a state employee and not an athletic association employee they do indeed have to defend like a court of law.  Civil service rules come into play.  They also have to be ready to defend their action in a court of law because if there isn't cause and/or they don't follow the procedures exactly he can come after them for all sorts of things including defamation of character impacting his ability to continue in his profession and would likely win.

Well yea that is true. I didnt consider those aspects. Probably why he isnt fired yet. 

10 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Since you’re here, I like J. Holder more than Sonny Gray.

I’m sure.  He’s garbage.  I don’t like Boone either if I’m being honest.  Believe me, I am from the Bronx originally and live in Westchester.  Nobody  is harder on the Yankees than Yankee fans, going on 100+ years.  I’ve maintained they are a year, more realistically 2 from being a real threat to win it.  I watch for the enjoyment at this point in my life.  When I was a kid they were terrible, only had Mattingly and a bunch of guys like Mel Hall, Danny Tartabull (remember him?), Steve Sax, Steve Balboni, Mike Pagliarulo, Alvaro Espinosa, etc.  then got spoiled in the 90s with the latest Yankee dynasty. Considering I’m a NY Giants, Knicks, Yankees, and Rangers fan I’m just happy with the fact they are a contender for now.  

I still like the Yankees next 2-5 year window better than anyone in baseball at this point.  Obviously things change quickly, but I think they are set up nicely for the future barring any major injuries or other circumstances.  

1 minute ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

I’m sure.  He’s garbage.  I don’t like Boone either if I’m being honest.  Believe me, I am from the Bronx originally and live in Westchester.  Nobody  is harder on the Yankees than Yankee fans, going on 100+ years.  I’ve maintained they are a year, more realistically 2 from being a real threat to win it.  I watch for the enjoyment at this point in my life.  When I was a kid they were terrible, only had Mattingly and a bunch of guys like Mel Hall, Danny Tartabull (remember him?), Steve Sax, Steve Balboni, Mike Pagliarulo, Alvaro Espinosa, etc.  Considering I’m a NY Giants, Knicks, Yankees, and Rangers fan I’m just happy with the fact they are a contender for now.  

I still like the Yankees next 2-5 year window better than anyone in baseball at this point.  Obviously things change quickly, but I think they are set up nicely for the future barring any major injuries or other circumstances.  

The Yankees have made good decisions with position players and look to be very set for a while. Pitching is their concern.  The back end is good, but they have had better.  Starting pitching is not getting out of the 5th many nights and burning their pen.  Not sure why they parted with Warren and Shreve.  4-0 tonight and then Boom.  But the Yanks can still score, so it ain’t over yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bormio said:

The Yankees have made good decisions with position players and look to be very set for a while. Pitching is their concern.  The back end is good, but they have had better.  Starting pitching is not getting out of the 5th many nights and burning their pen.  Not sure why they parted with Warren and Shreve.  4-0 tonight and then Boom.  But the Yanks can still score, so it ain’t over yet.

Their starting pitching needs an overhaul for sure.  Personally, Myself and many other NYY fans feel like they should have allotted those Stanton $$ toward a top end arm instead, but that’s a moot point at this juncture.