ESPN hammering Grayson right now

HooverOutlaw

16 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Probably a 20 minute segment. Parent interviewed. ESPN reporting kids been having heat strokes for 2 years at practice.  

Just not going away like Fred said. ESPN  said Gwinnett county was looking into the matter. 

What happened to everything is perfect at Grayson.

On what show? 

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Probably a 20 minute segment. Parent interviewed. ESPN reporting kids been having heat strokes for 2 years at practice.  

Just not going away like Fred said. ESPN  said Gwinnett county was looking into the matter. 

You seem to always be "that guy" on the "scoop" when it comes to what you think is terrible news in GA?

Are you a wing nut by any chance?

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Now that its gone national, I am seeing somebody at grayson being sacrificed and some sort of changes will happen.  Horribly timing with the death of UMaryland player. 

I would certainly think that some Grayson representative would try to get a grip on the story and get their side out there sooner than later. 

ESPN is known to be a tad dirty in their reporting. Just like any other news outlet, drama sells over truth. 

The coach or some spokesperson needs to get this story under control imo. 

I'm pulling for y'all to do it.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

I would certainly think that some Grayson representative would try to get a grip on the story and get their side out there sooner than later. 

ESPN is known to be a tad dirty in their reporting. Just like any other news outlet, drama sells over truth. 

The coach or some spokesperson needs to get this story under control imo. 

I'm pulling for y'all to do it.

Fred would be perfect for that job. I could totally see him as a PR manager.

2 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

On a side note, it appears the ineligible Marietta kids will get a second chance and be allowed to play this year.

More details should be out soon.

Thanks. I had an idea they would get a chance. The big question is, where will they play? 

If at Marietta, I sense pitchforks and nooses on the GHSA's horizon. They'll have to rewrite the rule book or it's going to be a shitstorm on the horizon.

Thanks. I had an idea they would get a chance. The big question is, where will they play? 

If at Marietta, I sense pitchforks and nooses on the GHSA's horizon. They'll have to rewrite the rule book or it's going to be a shitstorm on the horizon.

That has not been revealed. If allowed to play at Marietta, the outrage would be warranted in my opinion.

My gut says they will be suited up for Marietta starting Friday night.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

That has not been revealed. If allowed to play at Marietta, the outrage would be warranted in my opinion.

My gut says they will be suited up for Marietta starting Friday night.

Rumor out of Rome is...they may hafta replay the Marietta/Rome game since these poor athletes were cheated out of playing in Thursday's game.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Fred would be perfect for that job. I could totally see him as a PR manager.

The coach is getting killed by people that probably could care less about the program.

Grayson is letting the parents and primadonnas control the narrative, and now, enter ESPN to do the damage they tend to do for ratings. 

Coach Hunnicut is going to be hard pressed to survive this if they don't get control of the narrative asap.

The coach is getting killed by people that probably could care less about the program.

Grayson is letting the parents and primadonnas control the narrative, and now, enter ESPN to do the damage they tend to do for ratings. 

Coach Hunnicut is going to be hard pressed to survive this if they don't get control of the narrative asap.

Does Hunnicut leave Grayson after this season if not forced out?

With everything surrounding the program it sounds as if he isn't welcomed there.

Perhaps Coach Watson could take the reigns and assemble another youth league all-star team to play at Grayson.

1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Does Hunnicut leave Grayson after this season if not forced out?

With everything surrounding the program it sounds as if he isn't welcomed there.

Perhaps Coach Watson could take the reigns and assemble another youth league all-star team to play at Grayson.

I'm thinking Hunnicut may not be allowed to finish the season if ESPN is allowed to control the narrative.

The pressure on the AD and board have to be immense at this point.