Bishop Gorman 21 v. De La Salle 27 (Final)

PrepGridiron

33 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

MV got out to an easy and quick 14-0 lead and then ran clock.  How many passes did Sanchez throw that game compared to how many he averaged throughout the year. Sanchez could have torched DLS and put up 52 points if he had incentive (like any evidence DLS could move the ball).

Also, don't try and tell me that Lad was not more focused on MV than Palma.  LOL what a joke. 

Please Sammy, put the breaks on. I like you and even respect you, but you are just spouting pure nonsense right now. MV was stunned how good Dela was. They thought they would waltz right into OO and demolish Spartans based on their previous losses, just like some on here are saying Dela by 22 pts or so over Gorman tonight. When you get good programs with legacy, usually those teams are tough. DLS just has a way historically of taking good qb's and making them look mundane ( Not counting last 2 seasons ). Sanchez was reduced to looking very average, and all the momentum was Dela's in 2nd half of that game. That Dela team turned out to be a gutty, very sound fundementally, despite falling of the cliff early in season. And although they had 19 new starters that season, they did have a stud D-1 qb who can make all the difference when running the veer.  Were they any where near the prior streak teams ? Of course not. In fact, while talking to Mr. Sanchez, I had to restrain myself from telling him that the prior 2003 Spartan team would have beaten his son's 2004 MV team by 3 td's.  I couldn't do it because the guy was such a pleasant respectful man. But you aren't as pleasant and respectful, so I'm telling you now, LOL !   Anyways, who do you pick for tonight ?  Anticipation is very high for this game. Huge hurdle for Spartans to overcome in their rebuilding of program  of the past few seasons. It definitely at least , should be way better than last season's game between the two.

5 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

This game smells of similar game Spartans had in 2004 against Mission viejo. Spartans had 2 ugly blowout losses to start season and than a tie against Palma, making their start of season at 0-2-1. MV came to town in the 5th game being ranked #2 in nation with National player of year in qb Sanchez. One of socals greatest teams ever. According to one of MV's assistant coaches that I talked with the night prior to game, they expected to blowout the spartans. What everyone failed to see was that the week prior to game with MV, spartans had righted the ship and had a blowout win in game # 4.  The ensuing game, the spartans arguably should have beaten MV. They outplayed them the entire 2nd half and had the ball with a minute to go to win the game. It took a fg with 30 seconds left to allow MV to escape with the win,  17-14.

I use this as an example because everyone is down on Gorman with their two early losses. Gorman was at a disadvantage against MD, playing them in their 1rst game of season while it was MD's 2nd game. That blowout loss carried over  to the next week against centennial, until they righted the ship last week against a top Utah team. I think the early losses for Gorman are behind them now, and you will see the real Gorman that was a preseason top 10 in some polls. I for one am not fooled by those early losses, except to say this isn't the Gorman of  2014- 2016, but that this is still a potentially great team who just had a terrible start to the season. I would call this game  with spartans up for grabs, and spartans better bring an offense.

You are a lying POS. Name the  assistant coach you lied that you talked to.Your saying a total NorCal  stranger had  a conversation with a  high end  MV coach ? Sanchez was  the National Player of the Year after the season. D2 MV defeated D1 DLS, Mater Dei,  Long Beach Poly Los Al and D2 Hart.

4 hours ago, 1DayPGA said:

Guys, I wish I could be at the game tonite but I am closing on a house today and will be busy moving. HEY WAIT A MINUTE!!! I got a great idea instead of everyone meeting up at the DLS/BG game we can have a moving party at my new place and I'll have the game on in the background while your lifting couches and dressers. The BG fans are invited too. 😁 It'l be awesome, you can wear your team gear if you want. Even Blockhead is invited to help. Wait I better rethink that. 

Hey where'd everybody go? 

Bueller? 

Bueller?

Beuller?

Moving.jpg.fb3ccbb263eb511c778bcacf0b34004c.jpg

I worked as a furniture mover when I was in high school. I never made that face though. Not once.

Plus all the adults I worked with were real into meth and booze and sometimes heroin and didn't look nearly as healthy or as fit as these guys.

It looks like a good company.

You might cc @HSFBfan I think he's looking for work. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheRealOrangeCounty said:

Yawn................week 0 game. Away game for Folsom.

neutral field, middle or end of year and Folsom wins that game.

There is no doubt who the more talented team was that night who out gained DLS and pretty much shut them down on defense. If Folsom wasn't a threat, you wouldn't see so many responses and troll names to my post. That is how I know.

Winning

Why are random words capitalized? There is no way you went to DLS or have any affiliation with DLS, considering your writing style. Just another internet troll boy who I am owning.

😁

Why are DLS posters (all boys school) obsessed with the shower?

Bizarre.

scoring 14 points against a mediocre public school is hardly impressive

Oh, no.

You're posting from the wrong account, Block. 

This is your @FolsomPrisonBlues voice. 

Oh, well. It was a great bit while it lasted. 

I can't wait to see the next character you develop. I'm sure it'll be just as great.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Please Sammy, put the breaks on. I like you and even respect you, but you are just spouting pure nonsense right now. MV was stunned how good Dela was. They thought they would waltz right into OO and demolish Spartans based on their previous losses, just like some on here are saying Dela by 22 pts or so over Gorman tonight. When you get good programs with legacy, usually those teams are tough. DLS just has a way historically of taking good qb's and making them look mundane ( Not counting last 2 seasons ). Sanchez was reduced to looking very average, and all the momentum was Dela's in 2nd half of that game. That Dela team turned out to be a gutty, very sound fundementally, despite falling of the cliff early in season. And although they had 19 new starters that season, they did have a stud D-1 qb who can make all the difference when running the veer.  Were they any where near the prior streak teams ? Of course not. In fact, while talking to Mr. Sanchez, I had to restrain myself from telling him that the prior 2003 Spartan team would have beaten his son's 2004 MV team by 3 td's.  I couldn't do it because the guy was such a pleasant respectful man. But you aren't as pleasant and respectful, so I'm telling you now, LOL !   Anyways, who do you pick for tonight ?  Anticipation is very high for this game. Huge hurdle for Spartans to overcome in their rebuilding of program  of the past few seasons. It definitely at least , should be way better than last season's game between the two.

Based on DLS demonstratively good defense, and how their offense normally improves as the year progresses, and based on the fact that the only person who thinks BG is good this year is MJD33, I would say that DLS wins this one comfortably by 14+ at home.

If DLS loses, then the devil and all of Nor Cal go down the toilet with them.

6 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I worked as a furniture mover when I was in high school. I never made that face though. Not once.

Plus all the adults I worked with were real into meth and booze and sometimes heroin and didn't look nearly as healthy or as fit as these guys.

Not doing that shit

13 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

If DLS loses, then the devil and all of Nor Cal go down the toilet with them

Your wet dream. 

14 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

You're posting from the wrong account, Block. 

This is your @FolsomPrisonBlues voice. 

Oh, well. It was a great bit while it lasted. 

I can't wait to see the next character you develop. I'm sure it'll be just as great.

They only last for a week tops. Poor guy just can't help himself. 

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Exocet 98 said:

You are a lying POS. Name the  assistant coach you lied that you talked to.Your saying a total NorCal  stranger had  a conversation with a  high end  MV coach ? Sanchez was  the National Player of the Year after the season. D2 MV defeated D1 DLS, Mater Dei,  Long Beach Poly Los Al and D2 Hart.

Didn't I say Sanchez was National Player of year, and that MV was steam rolling everyone, and was considered one of the all time great Socal teams ? Are you just jumping in  now or what ?  I don't know  if the assistant was high end or not, just had a brief few minute conversation, respectfully so. I actually tended to agree with him that MV would win, possibly a blowout. But I also, having followed the spartans for so long, had hunch that they would be ready and make a game of it. Whats your beef  Bro ?

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

I once had guys deliver a sofa to my second-story apartment in the mid afternoon.  I handed them bottles of water I had in the fridge.  He said, "This is my 3rd delivery today and the first bottle of water offered to me."

18 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

I once had guys deliver a sofa to my second-story apartment in the mid afternoon.  I handed them bottles of water I had in the fridge.  He said, "This is my 3rd delivery today and the first bottle of water offered to me."

I remember moving a wealthy white woman in the middle of the summer in some south Orange County town in the hills. And she was clearly annoyed at something. And  finally she complained that we were sweating all over her stuff. And we said sorry but it's hot out here and we're moving your furniture.

We always brought our own drinks.

22 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Dude. We MUST meet up if you guys are coming. Seriously😎

...In fact I think that it’s against PrepG bi-laws for us not to. 

Commish....weigh in on this.....

7 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Fuck the Cummish, but it’s bylaws and IDK....

BGW

Bi-laws? Like they go both ways?

And the Cum-mish?

We've got some sick f**ks around here. 

Impressive. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Didn't I say Sanchez was National Player of year, and that MV was steam rolling everyone, and was considered one of the all time great Socal teams ? Are you just jumping in  now or what ?  I don't know  if the assistant was high end or not, just had a brief few minute conversation, respectfully so. I actually tended to agree with him that MV would win, possibly a blowout. But I also, having followed the spartans for so long, had hunch that they would be ready and make a game of it. Whats your beef  Br

You clearly stated  Sanchez "Nation Player of the Year" before the game. Awarded after the season. Go back and read your own pathetic words. Yet you still fumble  for an answer on  the MV coach that would talk to a total stranger. Most men start with a firm hand shake and name address.

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

Didn't I say Sanchez was National Player of year, and that MV was steam rolling everyone, and was considered one of the all time great Socal teams ? Are you just jumping in  now or what ?  I don't know  if the assistant was high end or not, just had a brief few minute conversation, respectfully so. I actually tended to agree with him that MV would win, possibly a blowout. But I also, having followed the spartans for so long, had hunch that they would be ready and make a game of it. Whats your beef  Bro ?

A sponge bob team considered whaaaa?

• dntn31 changed the title to Bishop Gorman 21 v. De La Salle 27 (Final)