(3) Mater Dei defeats (1) IMG 28-24

ATLien12x

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

I passed out by halftime... Its just too damn late to be playing a football game if you live on the East Coast.

When I was in HS, we stayed up either celebrating or drowning our sorrows to the early morning hours anyways. These kids adrenaline was flowing too high to even think about time zone. 

Could be good excuse thread material though 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pops said:

DLS might have a say if they can pull a major upset in SBG

I think they'd have as good of a shot to beat either SJB or MD as CC (maybe 10% chance each), but CC could more easily fend off an undefeated SJC or TX state champ by having to beat both plus DLS 

DLS and Buchanan have no chance Pops. 

7 hours ago, xXZexxMooreXx said:

Heck yeah they could have!  However, I struggle to believe Mater Dei scored so quickly allowing IMG to even have that chance.  It didn't even seem Mater Dei  let much time run off the clock on that final scoring drive. 

This is exactly what happened to Cen10 in that 50-49 game 2 years ago. IMG literally allowed Cen10 to score (defense parted like the red sea) with about a minute left then turned around, drove down the field and won the game. I was having serious flashbacks last night.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Those are all in state games. IMO the pollsters would be more enamored with SJCs OOS wins vs MC and Marietta. Wins over FL and GA mean something to them. We'll see. 

If so, that’s why pollsters produce inferior products even after using algorithms for guidance 

you can fit the eastern seaboard inside CA but that’s more important than playing the #1 and 2 team in country back to back as a warm up to DLS

2 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Pops,

You forgot to write ‘major upset ‘ in all caps and 70 point font  size...Glad our boys are through with all W’s at this point, as I wasn’t so sure they would be both before and during  the season so far.

But Three Stripes put on a BIG BOY drive at the last, last night...

Didn’t expect Dls to be 6-0 at this point but they are 

this team will be able to defend themselves better than last 2 against either of the machines 

what would you say odds are at this point?  

I think DLS is appropriately ranked around #10 and I think you have to give the #10 team a chance something greater than 100:1 but hard to say 

whatever the chance is would rely on help — think the chancenif beating either A game is nil 

1 hour ago, Bestcoast said:

DLS and Buchanan have no chance Pops. 

DLS will have a chance against either team — Long odds for sure that will require a bit of help, but “no chance” is hyperbolic 

Buchanan might actually be 3rd best team in trinity although I’d slide them between OLu/ JSerra and SM/ Servite until further notice 

11 minutes ago, Pops said:

Didn’t expect Dls to be 6-0 at this point but they are 

this team will be able to defend themselves better than last 2 against either of the machines 

what would you say odds are at this point?  

I think DLS is appropriately ranked around #10 and I think you have to give the #10 team a chance something greater than 100:1 but hard to say 

whatever the chance is would rely on help — think the chancenif beating either A game is nil 

Pops is one of the few posters that have grasped the concept of the Tiers.  Even @noonereal is still a neophyte.

There is a Grand Canyon gap in talent and team play between the #1-3 teams and whatever the #10 team you choose.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pops said:

DLS will have a chance against either team — Long odds for sure that will require a bit of help, but “no chance” is hyperbolic 

Buchanan might actually be 3rd best team in trinity although I’d slide them between OLu/ JSerra and SM/ Servite until further notice 

What are you smoking pops

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I get it. It's unfortunate that the USAT poll #1 is still considered the gold standard. 

Regrettably true although think times are changing 

and besides, USAT would be the last one that I’d expect to go so deep in their analysis — they’re more interested in betting Gamnett towns (just ask @HawgGoneIt

• Like 3