What up Texas?

DevilDog

8 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

In my heart...Guyer wins by 10.

In my mind...Allen takes advantage of Guyer having 1 bad quarter and wins by 17.  The offense is still maddeningly inconsistent.

Yeah I’m taking Guyer by the narrowest of margins just because they’ve never beaten them.  Allen has had some slow starts the past few games so there’s that too to factor 

im more curious to see how Guyer adjusts for Allen’s run game.  That hurt them last year 

If Guyer loses by 17 at home then they are grossly overrated 

—————/

speaking of Denton schools what’s going on with Ryan? They lost a close one to Burleson centennial who was just blown out by Aledo. 

8 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yeah I’m taking Guyer by the narrowest of margins just because they’ve never beaten them.  Allen has had some slow starts the past few games so there’s that too to factor 

im more curious to see how Guyer adjusts for Allen’s run game.  That hurt them last year 

If Guyer loses by 17 at home then they are grossly overrated 

—————/

speaking of Denton schools what’s going on with Ryan? They lost a close one to Burleson centennial who was just blown out by Aledo. 

Hicks (RB) and Davis (QB) were hurt.  Hicks did not play at all...Davis got hurt 1st series.  That and not converting 4th-and-1s trying to run the wildcat with Hill Jr.

Should have, Could have, Didn't.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Gotcha, thanks.  Hopefully they’ll be back this week v Aledo. 

The D did thier part.  Burleson Centennial only had 24 yards passing (Only threw it 6 times).  Thier RB went for 124 though and the QB had 42 himself.

The 3 4th down failures (1 at the 1) did Ryan in. 

But yeeeah Ryan needs Hicks.  Whichever QB plays would need to actually complete the easy ones...That's all.

• Like 1

Just now, Horsefly said:

You mean intimidated before the game starts? 

Yes, even though they may not think they are; it hits when you see them across the field.

I saw highlights of Allen vs. McKinney last week and one of McKinney’s players said something like, “We don’t care who they are”. They were ready and nearly took down the “Mighty Allen Eagles”.

8 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Yes, even though they may not think they are; it hits when you see them across the field.

I saw highlights of Allen vs. McKinney last week and one of McKinney’s players said something like, “We don’t care who they are”. They were ready and nearly took down the “Mighty Allen Eagles”.

Yep, this type of label needs to end after tonight.  Embarrassing showing by Allen on national tv 😂 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

In my heart...Guyer wins by 10.

In my mind...Allen takes advantage of Guyer having 1 bad quarter and wins by 17.  The offense is still maddeningly inconsistent.

Bro we got love for ya, but you blew this one . They got baby sealed.  Any Texas team that loses OOS best believe we have someone in State that's gonna smack Dat ass the same year.  They just continued that fact.  This is a 20 year fact.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Just now, DevilDog said:

Any Texas team that loses OOS best believe we have someone in State that's gonna smack Dat ass the same year.  They just continurd that fact.  

Not when Evangel Christian crushed 5A State Champion Lufkin.

To this day probably still the greatest out of state win ever.

Cya

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

Bro we got love for ya, but you blew this one . They got baby sealed.  Any Texas team that loses OOS best believe we have someone in State that's gonna smack Dat ass the same year.  They just continurd that fact.  

I mean...my heart would have won the pick.  And I did pick Guyer in the Pick'em...

But ya right...I gotta hold this one...

I just wasn't that confident in them winning in blowout fashion...Being I felt we had more complete Guyer teams that found a way to lose to Allen..

HOPEFULLY Ryan does the same to Aledo tomorrow...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Bro we got love for ya, but you blew this one . They got baby sealed.  Any Texas team that loses OOS best believe we have someone in State that's gonna smack Dat ass the same year.  They just continued that fact.  This is a 20 year fact.  

Sidenote:

I will probably be the Biggest Byron Nelson supporter tomorrow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

I mean...my heart would have won the pick.  And I did pick Guyer in the Pick'em...

But ya right...I gotta hold this one...

I just wasn't that confident in them winning in blowout fashion...Being I felt we had more complete Guyer teams that found a way to lose to Allen..

HOPEFULLY Ryan does the same to Aledo tomorrow...

Honestly many folks have been skeptical on Guyer all year. They’ve done nothing but dominate every game. I think this is their year, they’re solid on both sides. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Just left the State Fair and soon as walked in.  I see the biggest damn Swine I've ever seen.  Everything is bigger in Texas. That's one massive ass piece of divinely prohibited Flesh 😁

It looked like a big ass Cow

20221020_194219.jpg

@HawgGoneIt Let me see one of you Jawjaa Boys do a whole Hog smoke on that fella.  

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Honestly many folks have been skeptical on Guyer all year. They’ve done nothing but dominate every game. I think this is their year, they’re solid on both sides. 

But it takes them a while to get started...You can't have 1-or-2 bad quarters in the playoffs. 

That's what scares me about Guyer...

If they played like they did Tonight...then yes...6A-DII is theirs.

• Like 1