What up Texas?

DevilDog

4 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I speak my mind.  The week of Allen-SJB you didn't see me talking about that game. You asked,  and I said the game would be a blowout.  Allen is a 10ish team in Texas, that will never be able to compete against a top 10 team in the country

That is the smallest Allen team I've seen and I've watched them a lot at the palace in Allen.  They don't have the depth of previous teams.  When has this been true?  They are not the best team in Collin County arguably.  I expect my boys just up from me on Hwy 380 to beat them 

Just now, DevilDog said:

That is the smallest Allen team I've seen and I've watched them a lot at the palace in Allen.  They don't have the depth of previous teams.  When has this been true?  They are not the best team in Collin County arguably.  I expect my boys just up from me on Hwy 380 to beat them 

I think a lot of teams can beat them if they can force them to pass. They're an underwhelming team imo

8 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I was hoping they got to the playoffs before getting baby sealed.  They damn near lost to my homies in McKinney while I was out of town.  I told a guy at the game from SJB. I sat on their side that Allen was #13 in Texas and not the Allen of old.  Most of them thought Allen was #1 in Texas.  I was showing them  Dave Campbell like a Texas Preacher at a church revival

Not sure of all the playoffs, but they’re not beating SL if they go D1. It will be a beatdown. Other than that, Allen may get to the semis.  

Just now, steeler01 said:

I think a lot of teams can beat them if they can force them to pass. They're an underwhelming team imo

They are not a great team.  They are a decent team that would beat the majority of hs teams.  I don't think they would win 5A1 truthfully.  Nothing wrong with that I'm 200% Texan and we have these cycle of teams.  Since 1938 Aledo is the only 10x State Champ.  Their window has closed.  Katy is the premier 6A program for decades

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

This is the first time I’ve seen them in a full game all year, they definitely aren’t the Allen teams of old 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Which Allen team was the biggest, most physical ever? 

And which Allen defense was best? 

19 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I’m also picking prosper to beat Allen next week. No way that offense should run over prosper’s D 

Yep, the 380 Boys gonna take out I-75.   I think Prosper beats them too. The problem with Allen is Allen.  They are no longer the shiny coin on the ground.  Frisco, McKinney, Melissa and Remember this Anna along with Lucas.  Collin County is still growing, and everyone has built a multi-million dollar HS Stadium, McKinney, Melissa, Anna, Celina.  Allen is limited in land and cannot grow.  People keep pushing North.  Princeton, Melissa, McKinney, Frisco and Anna are the new Coins.  Those little towns are mostly 5A and exploding.  Prosper was a 3A not to long ago and guess what big time stadium as well.  Kids that wanted the Allen Experience to include waiting to play are no longer attracted.  Melissa, Prosper, McKinney North along with the Frisco gang are the new rising powers.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Guyer wasn't impressive to me,  this was more about Allen stinking up the joint.  They looked awful with no playmaker and then their best player was carted off before halftime. 

It would be nice to see Guyer play in division 1 this year

525 total yards of offense.  QB goes 25/28 for 334 yards to six different guys, has more TDs(4) than incompletions (3) and adds 84 yards rushing and another TD.  I'm not certain what would impress you lol.

38 minutes ago, pied said:

525 total yards of offense.  QB goes 25/28 for 334 yards to six different guys, has more TDs(4) than incompletions (3) and adds 84 yards rushing and another TD.  I'm not certain what would impress you lol.

It's steelerSlim......he finds a way to piss on everything NOT california. Read his posts more carefully.

He stays mute on california though.

22 minutes ago, pied said:

Nothing...You should know this from Steelers by now.  Ya just kinda roll with it.

That said...Allen looked horrible.

8 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Nothing...You should know this from Steelers by now.  Ya just kinda roll with it.

That said...Allen looked horrible.

Worst Allen team in years ...

It could have been 56-7 last night had Guyer not ran out the last 6 minutes of the game running straight up the middle every play. They finally fizzled out at the Allen 10 on 4th down.