Texas Pansies

Tesseract

Just now, Texasball said:

Those team better blow out these weak ass Tapps schools or it is only going to add fuel to our fire.  We all know that these teams will never really be that good.

You’re not getting it.The appeal is playing nationally relevant games that the UIL teams don’t.This is what attracted kids to BG to begin with and what will attract Texas kids to Tapps schools 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ararar said:

You’re going to hate the next ten years in Texas especially if PGL continues to get Tapps teams nationally relevant games 

I see you didn’t answer the question.  Not Surprised

And I don’t know whether to put this comment in the tounge-in-cheek section, or the, you don’t know Texas football section.

To think that PGL, or any other promoter with selfish interests, that include pimping JUCO like high school teams would have that impact on Texas is extremely naive!!

There has never been a TAPPS team in the Texas top 40.  Look at Strake Jesuit or Dallas Jesuit and their success in the UIL.  They were, and always have been the cream of the crop of Texas private schools.  So don’t kid yourself.

And I don’t think people like you really have a clue, as to little Texas high school fans care about OOS!  GPNS ain’t replacing Katy for some travel ball team.  Not gonna happen!

27 minutes ago, Ararar said:

You’re not getting it.The appeal is playing nationally relevant games that the UIL teams don’t.This is what attracted kids to BG to begin with and what will attract Texas kids to Tapps schools 

Playing for the state championship in front of 40,000 trumps 1 “nationally relevant” game.  All day every day!

6 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Gilmer beating Bishop Gorman has changed a lot of the high school football landscape the last decade plus. 

What happened to Gorman when they got killed by little Gilly was they realized the only way to field a competitive team is to bring in all the Vegas talent on to one school and go recruit California for other positions of need while giving prospective families room and board while little Tate comes and wins empty titles. 

Then Gorman goes on a decade long ass romp of California so since they couldn't beat them they had to join them. 

St John Bosco and Mater Dei realized the only way to compete nationally was to recruit all of socal. And here we are. 2 recruited up privates making the rest of the state look like what Gorman makes Nevada look like. 

All of this because Gilmer kicked some no name private school's ass back in 2006

The truth be told - BG was really good the year they beat CH.

They beat CH and was hands down the better team.  CH did not win state in Texas

They also traveled to St. Johns Bosco and beat them too and St. Johns Bosco - was the best team in California - who ended beating DLS in the final.

What was the difference in these two games.

44-14

35-20

Ali for BG - only had 6 carries in the game vs SJB and they still rushed for 280 yards.  Didn't he get hurt?  IMO he was their best offensive player.

SJB - had 239 total yards

CH - had 259 total  yards

Fast forward to these last two BG teams and they are not nearly as good as the teams they had prior for about 3 years.

Look what they did in 2014 and 2015   

In 14 they get close wins over Centennial CA and St Johns Bosco -   Yet DLS won California 

Then in 15 - DLS defending state champs returning the farm - gets beat in Texas.

My point is in 2016 BG was really good and they was likely the best team in the country.   They didn't beat the best in Texas like they did in California.   

37 minutes ago, Ararar said:

You are not getting it either.  These schools will never draw enough kids to be nationally relevant.  They will get some good players they had them in the past.  They do not have depth and never will! Nor do they have the culture, coaching, program-  The best kids want to play against the best.

right now in the final 4 off tapps

Bishop Dunne - lost to Byrd LA - (beat out of LA playoffs already)  lost to Desoto (3rd place in district- already beat out of playoffs)

Liberty Christian - beat by Melissa class 4a team - 3rd in their district - already out of playoffs

Bishop Lynch - beat by Trinity Christian D2 tapps team - who nearly got beat by the same Melissa 4A team - 

Parish Episcopal -  They have played incredibly weak schedule - They got beat by Liberty Christian - who lost to Melissa 

You really believe that few out of state games scheduled by these teams is going to make these types that much better?

• Like 2

Bishop Gorman was a horrible match up for Chill. They got pushed around in the trenches all night long. Would have rather seen The Bishop play any big and physical Texas team that year instead.

I always thought any team that could have stood up to them in the trenches that year had a chance. They're lucky STA didn't beat them.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FloTex said:

I see you didn’t answer the question.  Not Surprised

And I don’t know whether to put this comment in the tounge-in-cheek section, or the, you don’t know Texas football section.

To think that PGL, or any other promoter with selfish interests, that include pimping JUCO like high school teams would have that impact on Texas is extremely naive!!

There has never been a TAPPS team in the Texas top 40.  Look at Strake Jesuit or Dallas Jesuit and their success in the UIL.  They were, and always have been the cream of the crop of Texas private schools.  So don’t kid yourself.

And I don’t think people like you really have a clue, as to little Texas high school fans care about OOS!  GPNS ain’t replacing Katy for some travel ball team.  Not gonna happen!

You’re the naive one.Good luck to you chasing those pesky kids off your lawn 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Texasball said:

The best kids want to play against the best.

This is your brightest statement.Your blinded by the forest 🌳.Of course these teams can’t compete right now but I’m looking down the road 5-10 years after these privates continue to offer games against the country’s best that the public’s refuse to.I will use an example from the beginning of this topic ......2006 Gilmer beat hell outta BG 10 years later BG laid waste to one of your big boys.They offered a national schedule year after year that to this day attracts kids to their campus 

18 minutes ago, Ararar said:

This is your brightest statement.Your blinded by the forest 🌳.Of course these teams can’t compete right now but I’m looking down the road 5-10 years after these privates continue to offer games against the country’s best that the public’s refuse to.I will use an example from the beginning of this topic ......2006 Gilmer beat hell outta BG 10 years later BG laid waste to one of your big boys.They offered a national schedule year after year that to this day attracts kids to their campus 

What BG can do in Vegas is totally different than what can be done in Texas.

Even Tapps has rules against recruiting.  For example they kicked San Antonio Cornerstone out of Tapps this year.

Dude these private schools have not played better out of state games than our public schools.

You really believe MD and the likes will want to play Texas Tapp teams?

2 minutes ago, Texasball said:

What BG can do in Vegas is totally different than what can be done in Texas.

Even Tapps has rules against recruiting.  For example they kicked San Antonio Cornerstone out of Tapps this year.

Dude these private schools have not played better out of state games than our public schools.

You really believe MD and the likes will want to play Texas Tapp teams?

Not right now no.Like I said I’m looking down the road if they don’t make headway in the next 5-7 years I will concede 

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

Texas ain’t Nevada.

The Texas big boys of the UIL are already nationwide.  2 different teams have won mythical national titles this decade alone.  SLC won 2 the previous decade.

The rest of the country has always tried to duplicate Texas, not the other way around.  Kids in Texas don’t have to be go to a private school to play on some of the best teams in the nation.

And Texas kids want to be a part of their communities, and make memories with their lifelong friends.  They want to finish what they started in the 7th grade.  And they all want to compete for a UIL Texas state championship.  I know the community aspect, and the pride that the communities have are lost on you, and I get it.  Unfortunately you do not.  It’s much bigger and more important than you believe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FloTex said:

I know the community aspect, and the pride that the communities have are lost on you, and I get it.  Unfortunately you do not.  It’s much bigger and more important than you believe.

😂 my people live in Texas.I was there in September and took in a game.Believe me I know what it means.I said we can revisit this in 5-10 years and if Tapps hasn’t made any headway I will concede 

21 hours ago, Tesseract said:

So when will y'all finally grow a manly pair and come out to Cali and play a team like Mater Dei, SJB, or Cen10. We already know Bishop Gorman(basically SoCal) went out there whooped some Cedar Hill's hind. This is a matchup I think the whole of USA has been waiting for. Seems like ya'll are stuck in the "Texas Echochamber" where Ya'll think that Texas is the only place for competition.You're clearly wrong as mostly every major poll ranks Mater Dei #1 at the moment. GROW A PAIR OF SOME. We all know you're the cattle state, but get some Bullocks.Kyle-Allen-Pick-Six-MEME.jpg

Shut up, you pansy ass bitch

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Champa said:

Bishop Gorman was a horrible match up for Chill. They got pushed around in the trenches all night long. Would have rather seen The Bishop play any big and physical Texas team that year instead.

I always thought any team that could have stood up to them in the trenches that year had a chance. They're lucky STA didn't beat them.

Gorman offered to play both Allen and Cedar Hill in 2016. Along with SJB and STA that year. 

But why are you turning your attention to a Nevada school when the original post is from a Cali backer. Go after them. Nevada posters respect Texas football.

• Haha 1