Texas Pansies

Tesseract

So when will y'all finally grow a manly pair and come out to Cali and play a team like Mater Dei, SJB, or Cen10. We already know Bishop Gorman(basically SoCal) went out there whooped some Cedar Hill's hind. This is a matchup I think the whole of USA has been waiting for. Seems like ya'll are stuck in the "Texas Echochamber" where Ya'll think that Texas is the only place for competition.You're clearly wrong as mostly every major poll ranks Mater Dei #1 at the moment. GROW A PAIR OF SOME. We all know you're the cattle state, but get some Bullocks.Kyle-Allen-Pick-Six-MEME.jpg

• Haha 2

Gilmer - 56

Bishop Gorman - 14

See what happens when these "high school teams" try to win with their local talent. A Texas town of a few thousand kicked a city the size of Las Vegas assesĀ  šŸ¤£

I love when people try to downplay this game like it doesn't count LOL.

When your IMG wannabe teams beat somebody down, do only those games count?

Newsflash: you ain't special. Any state with a decent amount of talent could build up a few super teams if they wanted to. How about you grow a pair and support real high school football.

Ā 

Ā 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

55 minutes ago, Tesseract said:

So when will y'all finally grow a manly pair and come out to Cali and play a team like Mater Dei, SJB, or Cen10. We already know Bishop Gorman(basically SoCal) went out there whooped some Cedar Hill's hind. This is a matchup I think the whole of USA has been waiting for. Seems like ya'll are stuck in the "Texas Echochamber" where Ya'll think that Texas is the only place for competition.You're clearly wrong as mostly every major poll ranks Mater Dei #1 at the moment. GROW A PAIR OF SOME. We all know you're the cattle state, but get some Bullocks.Kyle-Allen-Pick-Six-MEME.jpg

Ā 

ffa100b2925d487391279b445d8b40dbb27fe45fab49cba9cac540f86e7a47a3_1.jpg

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Kalven said:

Texasļ»æ hļ»æas great teams no doubt, but I canā€™t recall when they traveled outside the state and played a meļ»æaningful game though.Ā ļ»æļ»æ

I agree, but the more I think about the economics of it all, I donā€™t blame them. Why sacrifice $50,000 to $100,000+ gate revenue whenĀ theĀ best that could happen is you get a win, and maybe a bump in the polls. Ā But you could lose both the game and a lot of money. Ā 

The big publicā€™s arenā€™t built to travel the way the Privates are either.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, On2whls said:

I agree, but the more I think about the economics of it all, I donā€™t blame them. Why sacrifice $50,000 to $100,000+ gate revenue whenĀ theĀ best that could happen is you get a win, and maybe a bump in the polls. Ā But you could lose both the game and a lot of money. Ā 

Alot of people don't understand this...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, On2whls said:

Did you see the standing room only crowd for the IMG game? They will get their money if they comeĀ 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Champa said:

Gilmer - 56

Bishop Gorman - 14

See what happens when these "high school teams" try to win with their local talent. A Texas town of a few thousand kicked a city the size of Las Vegas assesĀ  šŸ¤£

I love when people try to downplay this game like it doesn't count LOL.

When your IMG wannabe teams beat somebody down, do only those games count?

Newsflash: you ain't special. Any state with a decent amount of talent could build up a few super teams if they wanted to. How about you grow a pair and support real high school football.

Ā 

Ā 

Lol @ this.

It counts... But no one cares because Bishop Gorman wasnt good yet.

6 hours ago, On2whls said:

Thats BS though.

ET-DLS, MNW-SLC, & IMG-DeSoto had good crowds.

Once yall actually win an OOS game, youll say how awesome Texas is... But when you lose or dont play... Youll say no one cares. Thats crap. You all care, youre the most prideful people in America...Ā 

Its obvious by the way Texans bring up an OoS game vs BG that happened when BG really wasnt good....

Gilmer beating Bishop Gorman has changed a lot of the high school football landscape the last decade plus.Ā 

What happened to Gorman when they got killed by little Gilly was they realized the only way to field a competitive team is to bring in all the Vegas talent on to one school and go recruit California for other positions of need while giving prospective families room and board while little Tate comes and wins empty titles.Ā 

Then Gorman goes on a decade long ass romp of California so since they couldn't beat them they had to join them.Ā 

St John BoscoĀ and Mater Dei realized the only way to compete nationally was to recruit all of socal. And here we are. 2 recruited up privates making the rest of the state look like what Gorman makes Nevada look like.Ā 

All of this because Gilmer kicked some no name private school's ass back in 2006

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Gilmer beating Bishop Gorman has changed a lot of the high school football landscape the last decade plus.Ā 

What happened to Gorman when they got killed by little Gilly was they realized the only way to field a competitive team is to bring in all the Vegas talent on to one school and go recruit California for other positions of need while giving prospective families room and board while little Tate comes and wins empty titles.Ā 

Then Gorman goes on a decade long ass romp of California so since they couldn't beat them they had to join them.Ā 

St John BoscoĀ and Mater Dei realized the only way to compete nationally was to recruit all of socal. And here we are. 2 recruited up privates making the rest of the state look like what Gorman makes Nevada look like.Ā 

All of this because Gilmer kicked some no name private school's ass back in 2006

Namaste to you on thatĀ stretchĀ 

Ā 

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Thats BS though.

ET-DLS, MNW-SLC, & IMG-DeSoto had good crowds.

Once yall actually win an OOS game, youll say how awesome Texas is... But when you lose or dont play... Youll say no one cares. Thats crap. You all care, youre the most prideful people in America...Ā 

Its obvious by the way Texans bring up an OoS game vs BG that happened when BG really wasnt good....

Ā 

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Lol @ this.

Ā 

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Lol @ this.

Because they were playing with players in their parish, or general area. Instead likeĀ some schools who, well, below is one example. Gorman wasn't a whored out program at that time. Neither were Mater Dei, or SJB.Ā  And both routinely lost to public schools.What type programĀ would Marist fieldĀ if their footprint ran from Carrollton to Covington?Ā 

38521646_1872156486212057_8295744497753522176_n.jpg

2 hours ago, JCGIII said:

Ā 

Ā 

Because they were playing with players in their parish, or general area. Instead likeĀ some schools who, well, below is one example. Gorman wasn't a whored out program at that time. Neither were Mater Dei, or SJB.Ā  And both routinely lost to public schools.What type programĀ would Marist fieldĀ if their footprint ran from Carrollton to Covington?Ā 

38521646_1872156486212057_8295744497753522176_n.jpg

There's some things You just don't think about...Ā 

14 hours ago, On2whls said:

You gotta have something better than this. Ā 2006? Ā  A Gilmer team that would go 10-1 at home vs a Gorman team that went 6-5?

You should do better than have recruited up, all star rosters in high school.

In 2006, BG gets manhandled by a Texas 4A school. Ā In 2016, BG manhandles a Texas 6A school.

If you are honest, please tell us what happened in between those 10 years!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, FloTex said:

You should do better than have recruited up, all star rosters in high school.

In 2006, BG gets manhandled by a Texas 4A school. Ā In 2016, BG manhandles a Texas 6A school.

If you are honest, please tell us what happened in between those 10 years!

Youā€™re going to hate the next ten years in Texas especially if PGL continues to get Tapps teams nationally relevant gamesĀ 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pops said:

Biggest TX OOS game where they travelled that I can think of is ET going to Bellevue in 2012

they lostĀ btw

In OT - to the best Bellevue team ever.Ā  I traveled for this game.Ā  (Bellevue had two current NFL players on this team)

Yet - Trinity got beat 41-21 by DesotoĀ  2 weeks later

Then got beat in the 3rd round of our playoffs by SLC

both of those teams got beat by our state champ Allen.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Youā€™re going to hate the next ten years in Texas especially if PGL continues to get Tapps teams nationally relevant gamesĀ 

Those team better blow out these weak ass Tapps schools or it is only going to add fuel to our fire.Ā  We all know that these teams will never really be that good.