Folsom defeats Cathedral for 2nd Straight State Title- 4th in 8 years!

TheHotisBlock

2 hours ago, Pops said:

You don’t know what the truth is apparently 

this just started apparently with your sensitivity over the truth of MD poaching a Norcal kid from the school where DLS arranged Md to practice

would you rather make baseless accusations than respond to THAT

A Kid that was on his way to DLS...

4 hours ago, Rippers said:

I would argue this a little bit.  I don't think the SBG exposed DLS at all.  High School football was a different animal between 1992-2004.  I believe Haye's book did more to beat DLS then the advent of the state wide playoffs, it gave a blue print for how to beat them.  You see more higher profile games, more of an overall commitment to year round conditioning, better scouting and preparation etc etc now than you did during the streak years.  As I wrote a bit ago, the days of DLS being better conditioned than their opponents is over. 

Hayes book may have changed things in Nor Cal, but not So Cal.  So Cal was already doing those things back in the Angeles League (Father to Trinity League)

St. Paul pioneered the year around weightlifting and conditioning back in the 1960's.  The Scouting reports were 10+ pages back then to.   DLS copied the St. Paul program when Lad took over.

2 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

A Kid that was on his way to DLS...

Says who?

in summary, you can’t come up with one name in almost 40 years of a program led by a guy you say has always been a cheating recruiter except for a kid MD imported this, his senior year (when DLS has never taken a senior transfer)

wanna double down on this, Slick?

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

DLS copied the St. Paul program when Lad took over.

Seriously or is this just chirping?

i have no reason to disbelieve as timing right and st Paul was a program worthy of emulation but have never heard that nor am aware of a connection w/ St. Paul’s

11 minutes ago, Pops said:

Says who?

in summary, you can’t come up with one name in almost 40 years of a program led by a guy you say has always been a cheating recruiter except for a kid MD imported this, his senior year (when DLS has never taken a senior transfer)

wanna double down on this, Slick?

Greg Biggins of 247 talked about #75 heading to DLS last year but desiding to go to MD instead. He mentioned it on him Podcast this week. Here is a link to it on iTunes:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-transparent-truth/id1248681725?mt=2&i=1000425635401

he starts talking about it at the 37 minute mark.

so let’s not act like DLS is pure as white snow...

i only brought up Evan cause you did but didn’t tell the whole story. You didn’t mention the part where he was headed to DLS but when south instead. Things have changed. DLS can’t get pull in 5️ RB/LB’s from Sacramento like they did in the 90’s any more or future  NFL franchise record holding running back from Oakland...times have changed. 

The King is Dead (DLS)...Long live the King (MD)

4 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Greg Biggins of 247 talked about #75 heading to DLS last year but desiding to go to MD instead. He mentioned it on him Podcast this week. Here is a link to it on iTunes:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-transparent-truth/id1248681725?mt=2&i=1000425635401

he starts talking about it at the 37 minute mark.

so let’s not act like DLS is pure as white snow...

i only brought up Evan cause you did but didn’t tell the whole story. You didn’t mention the part where he was headed to DLS but when south instead. Things have changed. DLS can’t get pull in 5️ RB/LB’s from Sacramento like they did in the 90’s any more or future  NFL franchise record holding running back from Oakland...times have changed. 

The King is Dead (DLS)...Long live the King (MD)

That’s pathetic eddy 

“........You know, he tried to go to DLS before he transferred to MD.....”

your best evidence now is a MD insider saying on his blog show that a kid that was specifically recruited to stop DLS “tried to go” to DLS

I appreciate the fact that you actually had something tangible to bring for show and tell but do you can’t implicated DLS for something that an MD insider passed along about what some MD transfer said HE tried to do 

He didn’t say whether DLS even knew who the kid was only that the kid tried to go to DLS 

i can’t definitively say something didn’t happen without being there but it’s telling that you can’t come up with one name of a kid that actually went to DLS (im sure we can come up w/ 20+ on this MD team) in the 40 years since Lad arrived.  

You’re losing badly in this discussion — I’m perfectly happy to accept a tap out and can’t guarantee your reputation if you proceed 

5 hours ago, Pops said:

That’s pathetic eddy 

No it’s not. It points to the story I told.

“........You know, he tried to go to DLS before he transferred to MD.....”

You are misquoting Greg. I’m guessing you doing that to strengthen you point. But here is was Greg actually said:

”ironically, He (Evan) was almost going to go De La Salle when he transferred. But he decided to go to Mater Dei.”

your best evidence now is a MD insider saying on his blog show that a kid that was specifically recruited to stop DLS “tried to go” to DLS

1) Greg Biggins is not a MD insider he is a SoCal insider. Greg is from 247 and is well respected as a National Recuiting Analyst. He doing this down here since 96.

2)the way you changed the quote it makes it sound like DLS didn’t let him in so then he when to MD. But the actual quote implies he was on his was to DLS then changed his mind and went to MD.

I appreciate the fact that you actually had something tangible to bring for show and tell but do you can’t implicated DLS for something that an MD insider passed along about what some MD transfer said HE tried to do

I only brought it up because you start to talk ish on MD and Evan. You said DLS did a good deed for MD last year and then MD used that good deed to steal a NorCal kid that was the MVP of this years Open. A story you had no evidence for and only got from a DLS insider or are just making up. I mentioned I heard a different story (not just from Greg’s podcast) and pointed you to a podcast that fits the rumor I heard.

He didn’t say whether DLS even knew who the kid was only that the kid tried to go to DLS

That’s correct. Greg is a respected analyst, don’t see him ever throwing a school or kid under the bus.

i can’t definitively say something didn’t happen without being there but it’s telling that you can’t come up with one name of a kid that actually went to DLS (im sure we can come up w/ 20+ on this MD team) in the 40 years since Lad arrived.

Yes I can and no you can’t. Frankly I don’t care. I love coach Lad and I was a honor trying to tackle the pitch man on the Veer.

You’re losing badly in this discussion — I’m perfectly happy to accept a tap out and can’t guarantee your reputation if you proceed 

a discussion you started and brought no evidence for your version of the story. I’m glad to end this. Like I said before don’t talk ish if you don’t know the whole story. I accepted losing to DLS when I was in high school noe it you turn.

Grow up kid.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Grow up kid.

Whether whoever the F that guy was, he clearly knew MD intimately since he spoke about every game MD played 

he was also clearlynin love with his own voice — I understand he puts out a blog but Jesus, that was 1 hour of verbal diarrhea that about 2/3 of the way thru he mumbles something about the kid going to DLS

i will bet you whatever you’d like that either a) he never even applied to DLS or b) he did and was denied.  In any event, I can tell you that ‘Butter didn’t know who the kid was until he looked at MD film and asked where he came from.  

Again, is this your best story for the accusations of DLS raping and pillaging local talent for 4 decades

i was hoping you’d have a better story to back up your big mouth 

23 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Dear @The Comish,

Can you have the title of this post update to reflect:

“Folsom defeats Cathedral for 2nd Div. I-AA state title “

Don’t want to confuse east coast posters into thinking Folsom played in the highest division in California. Not far to Folsom to compare them to the Nationally relevant and prestigious schools like DLS and the elite CIF-SS D1 teams.

Yours in Christ

@Eddyr2

Dear member,

Thank you for taking the time to express your concern to the executive committee.  We also appreciate that you followed the proper procedure for filing your grievance.  After consultation, it was decided that "nobody cares about Folsom", so any resources spent to petition a change in the thread title would not have enough of a ROI to be worthwhile.

Please continue to bring additional said grievances to our attention, so that we can work together for continuous improvement of the content being digested on this forum.

-The Comish

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Pops said:

Whether whoever the F that guy was, he clearly knew MD intimately since he spoke about every game MD played 

He is recruiting analyst for 247. MD has a lot of do players so yeah he analyzes MD games. 

he was also clearlynin love with his own voice — I understand he puts out a blog but Jesus, that was 1 hour of verbal diarrhea that about 2/3 of the way thru he mumbles something about the kid going to DLS

I gave you a time code, 37 minutes in. Not my fault you don’t know how to fast forward.

i will bet you whatever you’d like that either a) he never even applied to DLS or b) he did and was denied.  In any event, I can tell you that ‘Butter didn’t know who the kid was until he looked at MD film and asked where he came from. 

You have zero evidence about it.

Again, is this your best story for the accusations of DLS raping and pillaging local talent for 4 decades

i was hoping you’d have a better story to back up your big mouth 

You’re the one making wild accusations sorry pops

9 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Using a classical saying about the unbroken reign of the British Crown to refer to high school football is funny in its absurdity   

First, that wasn’t dummy

second, you completely ignored the question — “what was I joking about” that you needed to respond to my “ish” — I think you realize you went overboard in your absurd allegations and cocky arrogance and are now just hoping to babble your way thru it 

I’d prefer an apology or retraction but will allow you to slither away 

15 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

He is recruiting analyst for 247. MD has a lot of do players so yeah he analyzes MD games. 

I gave you a time code, 37 minutes in. Not my fault you don’t know how to fast forward.

You have zero evidence about it.

You’re the one making wild accusations sorry pops

Jesus your dumb 

you come on and shit stories about DLS recruiting for 4 decades and the only proof you have is one comment from a MD homer relating a 2nd hand story about a kid “almost” going to DLS but somewho winding up at MD 

the story is bs — DLS didn’t know who the kid was until looking at MD film (or Capitol Christian coach called them, not quite sure)

there is absolutely not one scintilla of evidence to support DLS recruiting the Norcal kid that MD poached but that is the only think you have for your accusations 

except your verbal diraeaha about 5* RBs from Oakland 

you are probably living thru the kids a bit too much for a 40 year old man that didn’t even get on the field for an Md team that went 0-4 against DLS 

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

First, that wasn’t dummy

second, you completely ignored the question — “what was I joking about” that you needed to respond to my “ish” — I think you realize you went overboard in your absurd allegations and cocky arrogance and are now just hoping to babble your way thru it 

I’d prefer an apology or retraction but will allow you to slither away 

You for a week talking about the recuited up all star team and then bring up Evan. The jokes was ment to highlight that md is doing what DLS did but better.

Just now, Eddyr2 said:

You for a week talking about the recuited up all star team and then bring up Evan. The jokes was ment to highlight that md is doing what DLS did but better.

Explain — did MD or not poach a 300+# Norcal kid as their biggest run stopper from the school that DLS arranges MD tonoractice at?

dls has never recruited anyone — this year or ever 

dont call them jokes when they’re not funny — they are/ were accusations, baseless and ill-advised

the way out of this is the straight backwards — you keep trying to double down but now the price is higher 

now you’re going to need to grovel 

Jesus your dumb 

you come on and shit stories about DLS recruiting for 4 decades and the only proof you have is one comment from a MD homer relating a 2nd hand story about a kid “almost” going to DLS but somewho winding up at MD 

the story is bs — DLS didn’t know who the kid was until looking at MD film (or Capitol Christian coach called them, not quite sure)

there is absolutely not one scintilla of evidence to support DLS recruiting the Norcal kid that MD poached but that is the only think you have for your accusations 

except your verbal diraeaha about 5* RBs from Oakland 

you are probably living thru the kids a bit too much for a 40 year old man that didn’t even get on the field for an Md team that went 0-4 against DLS 

The DLS teams that beat MD had more NFL bound kids then the MD teams. Now the MD teams have more NFL bound kids.

the king is dead, long live the king

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Ok

afain  

a) you’re not funny 

b) the jokes contained utter bullshit lies/ accusations that you’re neither retracting nor proving in any way 

DLS is nothing like MD in this particular regard — it’s not degrees of separation, it’s black and white 

MD can’t win their section in 20 years so sues CIF to utilize their inherent advantages to create IMG-West 

DLS loses 3 SBGs in a row after winning 6 of previous 7 and is planning on how they need to work harder 

• Like 1