Folsom defeats Cathedral for 2nd Straight State Title- 4th in 8 years!

TheHotisBlock

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

Don’t be nice......

...... at least until we resolve your accusations 

I’m committed to my steely resolve until/ unless you retract what you either know to be untrue or just don’t know what you’re talking about — I’m not sure which but I know those are the choices 

I told you your story is untrue. DLS (maybe not coach but people connected to the program) want Evan to transfer in. He was going to but decided to play for MD instead.

8 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

I have always said your story is wrong. Evan was going to transfer to DLS then change his mind after seeing the Open last years. I have been saying the same thing this whole time.

A school DLS knew well, maybe cause they were check out Evan? 🤷‍♂️

So it’s a rumor from a bitter DLS fan that wanted Evan to go to DLS

I am correcting you rumor not denying it

Nope

You are just sling mud

I didn’t recruit anyone

Evan was never going to transfer to DLS — although I can see how a kid in his situation, suddenly being treated by one hs as a prized recruit, that he might have felt that option were open to him.  I doubt he applied and am 99% certain he wasn’t accepted if he did 

i May have been a bit cranky at the Folsom/ Norcal mudslinging to fire a shot to your needling about a recruited up program but I haven’t really been complaining about programs that recruit for a couple of years — they are who they are and they’re more likely than not to here to stay.  I made my peace.

DLS is NOTHING like Mater Dei in that regard — they have never recruited a kid to attend.  

I could have related the DLS connection to Evan more ironically than accusatory but felt like sharing while amid the socal folsom party 

DLS doesn’t recruit, not did they in the 90s — they did have most players in NFL at one point but have never had the most D1s in CA (I think 7 from class of ‘04 is their high water mark.  Their starting center last year weighed 175# for the SBG.  They absolutely do not recruit and I hope you now realize that you have no credible basis to assert otherwise 

15 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

I told you your story is untrue. DLS (maybe not coach but people connected to the program) want Evan to transfer in. He was going to but decided to play for MD instead.

Again, maybe Evan thought that option were open to him — I can see why he thought so if he was suddenly being courted by MD

and maybe, someone somehow associated (parent, friend, alum? — not clear what your asserting) said “hey, you’re pretty good — you should play for DLS”

but I can say with conviction and challenge you to prove otherwise that no one affiliated in any official capacity with the school made any such contact 

that’s besides the fact you write in all caps about how Lad has been recruiting for 40 years and DLS has a pipeline of 5* RBs from Oakland (have never had a 4 or 5* RB)

id prefer that if MD elects to compete the way they are (in court and in the recruiting trail) that they just own it and not try to allege they’re just keeping up with DLS 

Evan was never going to transfer to DLS — although I can see how a kid in his situation, suddenly being treated by one hs as a prized recruit, that he might have felt that option were open to him.  I doubt he applied and am 99% certain he wasn’t accepted if he did 

You don’t know that.

i May have been a bit cranky at the Folsom/ Norcal mudslinging to fire a shot to your needling about a recruited up program but I haven’t really been complaining about programs that recruit for a couple of years — they are who they are and they’re more likely than not to here to stay.  I made my peace.

Still doesn’t justify making up a story.

DLS is NOTHING like Mater Dei in that regard — they have never recruited a kid to attend.  

Sure

I could have related the DLS connection to Evan more ironically than accusatory but felt like sharing while amid the socal folsom party 

Or you cause have included the part where they kid was heading to DLS

DLS doesn’t recruit, not did they in the 90s — they did have most players in NFL at one point but have never had the most D1s in CA (I think 7 from class of ‘04 is their high water mark.  Their starting center last year weighed 175# for the SBG.  They absolutely do not recruit and I hope you now realize that you have no credible basis to assert otherwise 

Sure

1 minute ago, Pops said:

Again, maybe Evan thought that option were open to him — I can see why he thought so if he was suddenly being courted by MD

and maybe, someone somehow associated (parent, friend, alum? — not clear what your asserting) said “hey, you’re pretty good — you should play for DLS”

but I can say with conviction and challenge you to prove otherwise that no one affiliated in any official capacity with the school made any such contact 

that’s besides the fact you write in all caps about how Lad has been recruiting for 40 years and DLS has a pipeline of 5* RBs from Oakland (have never had a 4 or 5* RB)

id prefer that if MD elects to compete the way they are (in court and in the recruiting trail) that they just own it and not try to allege they’re just keeping up with DLS 

I may be just been spreading rumors about Lad...I only did so after you started spreading rumors I knew to be lies about Evan.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Nope. You’re right. Not at all.

And They’ll keep bringing their kids up through the system like they always do. And maybe they’ll put it all together enough once in awhile to beat the factories.

It’s going to be cool watching Hale, Hearns, Puckett, and Tasi (among others) develop for a full 4 years without having some junior or senior to transfer in and derail their respective paths. At MD and SJB, If some kid (Bennett as an example) transfers in, too bad so sad for the poor kid who’s worked his ass off for three years to get his shot. Now he’s 3rd string as a senior. To each his own, I guess. 

Sparty will be always be alright because they do it right. They’ll get back to the top someday. 

I Believe in this Statement 100%!!!!.... DLS will be just fine they have done it the right way for years and will figure it out....

Based on what I saw this year on the field, they are not as far off as people think... In My Opinion... :) 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pops said:

I don't see DLS "recruiting, enticing, or influencing", the culture there doesn't lend to that.

I've been wrong, but don't see it here in regards to DLS.

Regards,

BGW

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I Believe in this Statement 100%!!!!.... DLS will be just fine they have done it the right way for years and will figure it out....

Based on what I saw this year on the field, they are not as far off as people think... In My Opinion... :) 

Exactly. I totally agree with your opinion that DLS isn’t that far off. You can only put 11 on the field at a time. And The DLS coaches, without speaking fo them I believe share your opinion as well.

All of the big plays by DLS on offense were by sophomores (and the mistakes were by sophomores). Think about that for a moment. The defense will obviously take a little step back next year, but they’ll be solid considering who they have coming back and the PT that many received. And the DLS Freshman and jVs were loaded this year. None of them have 5* behind their names, but the talent is there no doubt. The coaches, again without speaking for them, know it too. They’ve gotta continue to work hard and develop their skill sets to beat the factories one day. I think that they will within the next 3 years. 

You heard it here. And for transparency, I think Ararar said the same thing. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

I am with you!!!... Even though I Go at it with that dude over The Paper Tiger, I really like a lot of his post's and appreciate his passion and knowledge of HSFB...

Pop's is a good Dude, He just needs to Chill and let these things play out on the Field... DLS will be fine, Their Future is Bright with #20.... The Day The Paper Tiger stops having OT wins over "The Other CC" and Puts "The Real CC" on the schedule, all the Paper Tiger Talk will end...

As far as defending DLS, I have no Idea why anyone would see the need... Say what you want about the program, the streak, and whether they would have done this or that against whoever or whatever... The Bottom line is the streak changed HSFB, DLS Manned up and Put it on the line against the best teams and any team that wanted to step up and play them...

HSFB Teams will have wins and losses over the years if they challenge themselves with great opponents... DLS is the Gold Standard for this, and their place among the USA HSFB Elite is set in stone, no matter how many Open Bowl Games they Lose to So Call All Star Teams.... 

That's My Opinion Anyway....🙂

Great post.  I agree with it which is why I say it was a great post.  😃

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Nope. You’re right. Not at all.

And They’ll keep bringing their kids up through the system like they always do. And maybe they’ll put it all together enough once in awhile to beat the factories.

It’s going to be cool watching Hale, Hearns, Puckett, and Tasi (among others) develop for a full 4 years without having some junior or senior to transfer in and derail their respective paths. At MD and SJB, If some kid (Bennett as an example) transfers in, too bad so sad for the poor kid who’s worked his ass off for three years to get his shot. Now he’s 3rd string as a senior. To each his own, I guess. 

Sparty will be always be alright because they do it right. They’ll get back to the top someday. 

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well said and I couldn't agree more.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I don't see DLS "recruiting, enticing, or influencing", the culture there doesn't lend to that.

I've been wrong, but don't see it here in regards to DLS.

Regards,

BGW

You are dead on, BGW. Individuals comparing DLS to MD and SJB regarding philosophy and entrance policy for athletes either have an agenda or are clueless. Probably a little of both. It’s funny watching them die for this hill.....like we all just fell off the effing turnip truck.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

What lies about Bennett are you referring to? 

Just stop. No need to keep dragging this kids name through the mud. Why does any of this matter anymore? The season is over and this kid will be starting college in less than a month. Most of what’s been posted is incorrect regarding how Bennett ended up at MD. 

23 minutes ago, FootballLife said:

Just stop. No need to keep dragging this kids name through the mud. Why does any of this matter anymore? The season is over and this kid will be starting college in less than a month. Most of what’s been posted is incorrect regarding how Bennett ended up at MD. 

Lol!  Im certain that young Mr. Bennett is not losing any sleep over this. That said, since you’re interjecting, please settle this nonsense once and for all and enlighten us as to how he ended up at MD. BTW, I say more power to him at the end of the day. It’s not what I’d do, but to each his own. But enquiring minds on this board clearly want to know. You can halt this right now. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

What lies about Bennett are you referring to? 

from what i heard from a good source is that Evan was on his way to DLS and DLS really wanted him. His family was meeting with Dean Joe Aliotti at DLS but the family decided not to go to DLS because Evan has been working since the 10th grade to be in mid year grad and DLS wouldn't let him do that. 

His family had been trying to move down here for a few year and pulled the trigger last year. Evan wasn't at any practice MD had at Capital Christian and didn't go to the Open. He did know some MD players from U14 all star game 4 years ago, other then that he had no connection to MD before attending last year. 

so all the ish @Pops said was wrong. I was also wrong by implying it was the Open last year that changed him mind.

That's it im done talk about it.

Evan has been a beast all year but what he did to DLS was amazing. Evan ruined the Veer last week. He messed up DLS timing which lead to the turn overs and poor play. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Lol!  Im certain that young Mr. Bennett is not losing any sleep over this. That said, since you’re interjecting, please settle this nonsense once and for all and enlighten us as to how he ended up at MD. BTW, I say more power to him at the end of the day. It’s not what I’d do, but to each his own. But enquiring minds on this board clearly want to know. You can halt this right now. Thanks in advance.

Evan and his family have been trying to move to SoCal since his Frosh year, with his dads job as fireman the family couldn’t make it work. He played in the Eastbay All American game 7th & 8th grade with Bru, JT, Shakobe & Keyon. His family was finally able to figure it out financially and made the move. Zero recruiting from MD. His parents wanted to retire near the beach they made it happen. Also, he never attended the Open game at Sac State last year nor did he attend MD’s practices while they used Capital Christians field. End of story. 

59F00D23-149F-463D-B454-69F49BB79DC0.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, FootballLife said:

Evan and his family have been trying to move to SoCal since his Frosh year, with his dads job as fireman the family couldn’t make it work. He played in the Eastbay All American game 7th & 8th grade with Bru, JT, Shakobe & Keyon. His family was finally able to figure it out financially and made the move. Zero recruiting from MD. His parents wanted to retire near the beach they made it happen. Also, he never attended the Open game at Sac State last year nor did he attend MD’s practices while they used Capital Christians field. End of story. 

59F00D23-149F-463D-B454-69F49BB79DC0.jpeg

Schools don’t need to Recuit. Great programs attract great kids. Its that simple.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TheHotisBlock said:

Just to get the thread back on track....

20181215_102842.jpg

Nobody Cares!!!....

We would all Rather watch @Eddyr2 and @Pops going back and forth as to who "Better Recruited" E. Bennett.... It is much more Entertaining then talking about the Back to Back D1-AA Champs.... :) 

Enjoy the Parade Though!!!.... What Day is it?.... I Hope Rain is not in the Forecast???.... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blueliner said:

You are dead on, BGW. Individuals comparing DLS to MD and SJB regarding philosophy and entrance policy for athletes either have an agenda or are clueless. Probably a little of both. It’s funny watching them die for this hill.....like we all just fell off the effing turnip truck.  

Mad respect for DLS, I’m certainly a DLS follower now. 

Love my Buford Wolves, we can always learn from great cultures such as DLS. 

Regards,

BGW

• Like 2