Folsom defeats Cathedral for 2nd Straight State Title- 4th in 8 years!

TheHotisBlock

53 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

from what i heard from a good source is that Evan was on his way to DLS and DLS really wanted him. His family was meeting with Dean Joe Aliotti at DLS but the family decided not to go to DLS because Evan has been working since the 10th grade to be in mid year grad and DLS wouldn't let him do that. 

His family had been trying to move down here for a few year and pulled the trigger last year. Evan wasn't at any practice MD had at Capital Christian and didn't go to the Open. He did know some MD players from U14 all star game 4 years ago, other then that he had no connection to MD before attending last year. 

so all the ish @Pops said was wrong. I was also wrong by implying it was the Open last year that changed him mind.

That's it im done talk about it.

Evan has been a beast all year but what he did to DLS was amazing. Evan ruined the Veer last week. He messed up DLS timing which lead to the turn overs and poor play. 

Interesting. Thank you for the insight. 

54 minutes ago, FootballLife said:

Evan and his family have been trying to move to SoCal since his Frosh year, with his dads job as fireman the family couldn’t make it work. He played in the Eastbay All American game 7th & 8th grade with Bru, JT, Shakobe & Keyon. His family was finally able to figure it out financially and made the move. Zero recruiting from MD. His parents wanted to retire near the beach they made it happen. Also, he never attended the Open game at Sac State last year nor did he attend MD’s practices while they used Capital Christians field. End of story. 

59F00D23-149F-463D-B454-69F49BB79DC0.jpeg

Thanks for the insight. 

4 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

I may be just been spreading rumors about Lad...I only did so after you started spreading rumors I knew to be lies about Evan.

What ur talking about — you directly and intentionally slandered the very good name of one hsfb’s all-time good guys 

I related a true story about Evan — which, btw, I didn’t consider provocative — you’ve already mentioned without any serious protest from me that he was a senior transfer from Sacramento — I just shared the DLS connection because that’s the sort of backstories this community appreciates 

and, fwiw, in your posts still, you’re sticking to your horseshit, despite coming up short on a single scintilla of evidence over a 40-year career, so....

let's just agree to think less of each other 

i had no issue with you till now and could distinguish value you bring at a different level than a couple of your own special-needs Socal homeboys so just color me disappointed and let it go 

3 hours ago, FootballLife said:

Just stop. No need to keep dragging this kids name through the mud. Why does any of this matter anymore? The season is over and this kid will be starting college in less than a month. Most of what’s been posted is incorrect regarding how Bennett ended up at MD. 

For the record, I believe eddybis making a stink over Evan — I brought the story up in a way that was meant to be a little ironic humor for the board — I’ve known about him for a long time without saying anything but just found out about the Capitol Christian connection — what I got was from alumbaugh but via a mutual friend so something could have been garbled in translation (was conveyed as him saying it with a grin) — thanks for confirming that DLS wasn’t involved in any shenanigans with him and did in fact tell him that his window passed sometime ago — apologies if you feel discussion mudslinged the kid (wasn’t my intent at all) 

38 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Being runner up in a bracket doesnt make you the 2nd best in it.

“Best” wasnt part of the descriptor, only “2nd” as in “place” (as is the case) or “ranked” (which is not the case but can at least be referenced) 

“best” was the worst option you could have inferred 

sharpen up 

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

My apologies — I mergers couple of things between @Football4Life @Eddyr2 And what was omitted from the collective stories (any wrongdoing by DLS)

my response should have been more inclusive 

Nothing was ommitted from my story. DLS was wiling to take him. Had nothing to do with late transfer. The kid worked his tail off to graduate early.  Again, end of story. 

5 minutes ago, FootballLife said:

Nothing was ommitted from my story. DLS was wiling to take him. Had nothing to do with late transfer. The kid worked his tail off to graduate early.  Again, end of story. 

1). DLS being willing to take him was not part of your post nor was any wrongdoing by DLS — are you changing your story?

2). Just noticed that you just joined a few hours ago to make that post — haven’t even been a lurker 

smells like there’s some sort of win at all cost deception afoot that eminates directly from the face one particular institution, so excuse me if I ignore whatever else you have to say 

13 minutes ago, Pops said:

1). DLS being willing to take him was not part of your post nor was any wrongdoing by DLS — are you changing your story?

2). Just noticed that you just joined a few hours ago to make that post — haven’t even been a lurker 

smells like there’s some sort of win at all cost deception afoot that eminates directly from the face one particular institution, so excuse me if I ignore whatever else you have to say 

Or , you could just be wrong pops.Ever thought of that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Dear member,

Please do not dismiss a post just because it is from a new member of the forum.  At one time we were all new members.  We encourage our senior members to welcome posts from our new friends, at least through their first 20 post honeymoon period.

Thank you in advance for your future cooperation.

-The Comish

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Comish said:

Dear member,

Please do not dismiss a post just because it is from a new member of the forum.  At one time we were all new members.  We encourage our senior members to welcome posts from our new friends, at least through their first 20 post honeymoon period.

-The Comish

Ah geez... 

The Fuzz is here to kill our fun... 

1 hour ago, The Comish said:

Dear member,

-The Comish

Dear Sir:

Thank you for your note and I am happy to comply with your kind request.

I am satisfied that said new member is not a duplicate screen name, nor operating with nefarious objectives, but rather a legitimate new member with honest insight.

Please understand that circumstances were out of the ordinary for most new member debuts.

Happy holidays.

Sincerely, 

Pops

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

Or , you could just be wrong pops.Ever thought of that.

It’s happened a few times, most recently August, 2015

i have been enlightened and will say that I don’t believe I’m wrong but most importantly, that’s not the issue — I don’t want to continue the conversation about an individual minor because only @Eddyr2‘s indignation is making that an issue — I didn’t imply anything wrong was done by anyone, only that it was ironic — I understand where the truth is now between statements and 

i know im not wrong about denying all the mud he slung over Lad and DLS which is what he was talking about until realizing what a fruitless path that was and feigning indignation about something that shouldn’t have even offended. 

Am not sure what you’re talking about me being wrong but I’m very good with NOT talking about the kid — he certainly didn’t do anything wrong and is a helluva player 

• Like 2

On 12/16/2018 at 2:28 PM, Blueliner said:

Nope. You’re right. Not at all.

And They’ll keep bringing their kids up through the system like they always do. And maybe they’ll put it all together enough once in awhile to beat the factories.

It’s going to be cool watching Hale, Hearns, Puckett, and Tasi (among others) develop for a full 4 years without having some junior or senior to transfer in and derail their respective paths. At MD and SJB, If some kid (Bennett as an example) transfers in, too bad so sad for the poor kid who’s worked his ass off for three years to get his shot. Now he’s 3rd string as a senior. To each his own, I guess. 

Sparty will be always be alright because they do it right. They’ll get back to the top someday. 

And even if they're forever Tier 2, we'll love them for not turning themselves into something they're not and that no HSFB program should be. 

• Like 3

On 12/16/2018 at 4:08 PM, Blueliner said:

Exactly. I totally agree with your opinion that DLS isn’t that far off. You can only put 11 on the field at a time. And The DLS coaches, without speaking fo them I believe share your opinion as well.

All of the big plays by DLS on offense were by sophomores (and the mistakes were by sophomores). Think about that for a moment. The defense will obviously take a little step back next year, but they’ll be solid considering who they have coming back and the PT that many received. And the DLS Freshman and jVs were loaded this year. None of them have 5* behind their names, but the talent is there no doubt. The coaches, again without speaking for them, know it too. They’ve gotta continue to work hard and develop their skill sets to beat the factories one day. I think that they will within the next 3 years. 

You heard it here. And for transparency, I think Ararar said the same thing. 

Give me the skinny. PM if you'd prefer. I'm not worried about the position players but about the O-line and the front 7 on defense.

• Like 1