Folsom defeats Cathedral for 2nd Straight State Title- 4th in 8 years!

TheHotisBlock

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

Folsom is a good team but has been over rated all season mainly because their offensive line isn't that great.I also see a QB that is mistake prone when pressured.The younger Ngata hasn't shown me anything against the two best teams they have played.Their defense is pretty good though I would place them in the 40/60 range this year.

Socal wrath was coming down on Folsom regardless of outcomenof this game — a loss would be brutal, a shellacking would be mocked, a close win...... (see above)

i won’t debate where Folsom should be nationally but in CA they are either #4 or #5 — the only debate is CC and I’d say it depends on your criteria — I’m ok either way justifying CC over Folsom based on SOS etc or Folsom over CC based on being a state champ of 2nd highest level rather than a quarter/finalist of the highest level 

youre not suggesting Oaks or JSerra over Folsom are you?  There’s some common opponent data that all favors Folsom 

• Thanks 1

Dear @The Comish,

Can you have the title of this post update to reflect:

“Folsom defeats Cathedral for 2nd Div. I-AA state title “

Don’t want to confuse east coast posters into thinking Folsom played in the highest division in California. Not far to Folsom to compare them to the Nationally relevant and prestigious schools like DLS and the elite CIF-SS D1 teams.

Yours in Christ

@Eddyr2

• Haha 5

Good morning gents,

Knew this thread would be a shitshow with the SoCal homers out for blood. Props to see CC they played a great game and had the perfect game plan. CC’s running back is a beast. 

Folsom didn’t play good plan and simple. That was the worst their offense has looked this season. They looked better against DLS than last night. Who would have thought Folsom’s defense would win them that game? 

Over all dissapointed in how Folsom played but glad they still pulled out an ugly win. 

Its been a fun year dudes. Back to my hangover. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Pops said:

Socal wrath was coming down on Folsom regardless of outcomenof this game — a loss would be brutal, a shellacking would be mocked, a close win...... (see above)

i won’t debate where Folsom should be nationally but in CA they are either #4 or #5 — the only debate is CC and I’d say it depends on your criteria — I’m ok either way justifying CC over Folsom based on SOS etc or Folsom over CC based on being a state champ of 2nd highest level rather than a quarter/finalist of the highest level 

youre not suggesting Oaks or JSerra over Folsom are you?  There’s some common opponent data that all favors Folsom 

#1 public in America!

Ironic that defense won them the title!

1 minute ago, TheHotisBlock said:

#1 public in America!

Ironic that defense won them the title!

I’m not going to get carried away with you 

a close win over Catheedral is not the travesty the socal trolls are spinning, but neither is it a precursor for more of that nonsense 

I would take CC today in an even money bet and I probably would have taken Folsom last week — flip a coin 

there’s also several TX schools, Colerain, Warren Central, maybe a couple of GA schools 

can’t you just say Folsom is one of the best public’s in the country — that’s more true and less offensive 

3 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Good morning gents,

Knew this thread would be a shitshow with the SoCal homers out for blood. Props to see CC they played a great game and had the perfect game plan. CC’s running back is a beast. 

Folsom didn’t play good plan and simple. That was the worst their offense has looked this season. They looked better against DLS than last night. Who would have thought Folsom’s defense would win them that game? 

Over all dissapointed in how Folsom played but glad they still pulled out an ugly win. 

Its been a fun year dudes. Back to my hangover. 

I feel bad for you every time I post something about Folsom (A team up until January I really liked). 

Your the nice guy who lives next to the ISIS cell who gets hit by the drone strike...

80EA061E-C090-4BEE-B4A4-6FCBCA423F29.jpeg.753144018ed23ea6bcfb83d2a039b9d4.jpeg

• Haha 7

15 minutes ago, Pops said:

Get Ready!!!... Here comes the "Oaks Struggled With Chaminade" Daisy Chain.... 🤣🤣

I will Suggest it for everyone else... JSerra would Smoke Folsom... They would Hold that Overrated Offense to 14 Points and Put up at least 35 on that Awful Defense...

And to help you with your Common Opponent Arguments... La Costa Canyon Beat CC 19-7.... La Costa Canyon Beat San Clemente 38-35.... So By Your "Common Opponent" Daiy Chain Theory, CC is "Worse" The La Costa Canyon who was "Better" The San Clemente.... 

San Clemente was a second round Blowout loss to Bosco... So Folsom is nothing more a SS D1 2nd round playoff Team...

San Diego couldn't even get 6 teams into their Open this year.... 

Folsom is just not what you want them to be... They are a Excellent D-1AA Program that picks on lower level opponents and runs up the score... I know you like to live in Daisy Chain's and "Coin-Flips", But on the Field Folsom is and always has been who we all thought they were.... A Paper Tiger....

And I am a Nor Cal Guy.... :) 

• Like 3

Folsom is in the "dead zone" relative to their perception among most. They are a good team... but just how good?... we really don't know. The first game of the season is not an effective barometer IMO. Both squads were much better at the end of the season and a DLS/Folsom playoff game was warranted and would have answered all the questions.

That said: IMO, I think DLS would have handled Folsom in much the same manner that MD handled DLS. Folsom needs to step up their schedule which will go a long way in determining whether they move "up" out of that "dead zone" to be recognized as elite, or drop below the zone... where they are good enough to be competitive but not among the top tiers. Games with AZ powers or Trinity schools or Gorman are not unreasonable in this hs football era. A Folsom vs Aledo game for example, would surely get my attention... and I would expect everyone else's on this board.

To a lesser degree, the same can be said about the San Diego area schools and Cathedral Cath. We tend to have an unintentional arrogance about our Trinity powers relative to the rest of the state but I believe that is more due to the fact that there is very little SDS exposure in our area outside of Helix. Cathedral Cath. may be a exceptional team but without them testing themselves against one or two of the better Orange County teams ( those well beyond Narbonne )... we really don't know and that does not help them or Folsom.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

Folsom is in the "dead zone" relative to their perception among most. They are a good team... but just how good?... we really don't know. The first game of the season is not an effective barometer IMO. Both squads were much better at the end of the season and a DLS/Folsom playoff game was warranted and would have answered all the questions.

That said: IMO, I think DLS would have handled Folsom in much the same manner that MD handled DLS. Folsom needs to step up their schedule which will go a long way in determining whether they move "up" out of that "dead zone" to be recognized as elite, or drop below the zone... where they are good enough to be competitive but not among the top tiers. Games with AZ powers or Trinity schools or Gorman are not unreasonable in this hs football era. A Folsom vs Aledo game for example, would surely get my attention... and I would expect everyone else's on this board.

To a lesser degree, the same can be said about the San Diego area schools and Cathedral Cath. We tend to have an unintentional arrogance about our Trinity powers relative to the rest of the state but I believe that is more due to the fact that there is very little SDS exposure in our area outside of Helix. Cathedral Cath. may be a exceptional team but without them testing themselves against one or two of the better Orange County teams ( those well beyond Narbonne )... we really don't know and that does not help them or Folsom.

Get out of here with your rational thoughts...this thread is supposed to be a ish show...🤣🤣🤣

good post thanks!

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Get Ready!!!... Here comes the "Oaks Struggled With Chaminade" Daisy Chain.... 🤣🤣

I will Suggest it for everyone else... JSerra would Smoke Folsom... They would Hold that Overrated Offense to 14 Points and Put up at least 35 on that Awful Defense...

And to help you with your Common Opponent Arguments... La Costa Canyon Beat CC 19-7.... La Costa Canyon Beat San Clemente 38-35.... So By Your "Common Opponent" Daiy Chain Theory, CC is "Worse" The La Costa Canyon who was "Better" The San Clemente.... 

San Clemente was a second round Blowout loss to Bosco... So Folsom is nothing more a SS D1 2nd round playoff Team...

San Diego couldn't even get 6 teams into their Open this year.... 

Folsom is just not what you want them to be... They are a Excellent D-1AA Program that picks on lower level opponents and runs up the score... I know you like to live in Daisy Chain's and "Coin-Flips", But on the Field Folsom is and always has been who we all thought they were.... A Paper Tiger....

And I am a Nor Cal Guy.... :) 

Firsr, what’s “OC” stand for if a Norcal guy?

second, I don’t WANT Folsom to be anything other than what they are 

— 4x state champion (2nd to DLS I think)

— ranked top 25 in every poll 

— consensus #4 CA team behind MD SJB and DLS

i referenced common opponents — you started creating the sort of convoluted daisy chains that demonstrate that Troy can beat Alabama 

I’m the Fox News of this discussion — fair and balanced 

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

The devils play on the field in several  games tells a different tale.

We are  not children when it comes to HS football, We have a tendency to believe what we see, not some computer ranking service that has SFA in Top  5

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The devils play on the field in several  games tells a different tale.

We are  not children when it comes to HS football, We have a tendency to believe what we see, not some computer ranking service that has SFA in Top  5

And you consider yourself objective?

i know you’ll say yes to “qualified” without hesitation but thought I’d throw out a test to see if you have shame sensors 

7 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Please don’t compare winning 2nd Tier Championships to 1st Tier Championships...

just cause a triple A team won more championship doesn’t mean they are better then the LA dodgers...

Did I compare Folsom to MD?

MD wasn’t even able win a section title without a recruited up all-star team 

heard a good story this week under the headline “no good deed goes unpunished” — apparently DLS helped MD get set up for SBG practices before the ‘17 SBG and hooked them up with a little private in Sacramento called Capitol Christian where they found their MVP in this year’s SBG

All these recruited up all star teams are different and I try to differentiate MD/ SJB in previously thinking “well, at least they stick with local players”

now not the case and I don’t see a distinction — CIF is badly exposed to hypocrisy if they’re going to continue the prohibition against playing IMG while allowing MD etc to basically move players in that couldn’t be found in the 25 million people in socal 

1 minute ago, Pops said:

heard a good story this week under the headline “no good deed goes unpunished” — apparently DLS helped MD get set up for SBG practices before the ‘17 SBG and hooked them up with a little private in Sacramento called Capitol Christian where they found their MVP in this year’s SBG

All these recruited up all star teams are different and I try to differentiate MD/ SJB in previously thinking “well, at least they stick with local players”

now not the case and I don’t see a distinction — CIF is badly exposed to hypocrisy if they’re going to continue the prohibition against playing IMG while allowing MD etc to basically move players in that couldn’t be found in the 25 million people in socal 

And you consider this a “fair and balanced” post?  Emphasis on mentally balanced.

You have more agenda than anyone posting in this thread, other than donkey guy.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

Excellent Post My Friend!!!....

Spot On about San Diego!!!... San Diego HSFB is a Very Community Centered Activity... Kids Don't Transfer around and unless their family is sending them to Private School  (For Education) They go to their Local Schools... This is why you see Area Teams go up and down from year to year... If CC and Helix Because of their location, decided they wanted all the best kids in the Area and went the "Recruited Up" Route, those Schools could compete well in SSD1.... 

They also don't care about "Exposure" and don't feel a need to play teams outside of their region unless it is in an "Honor Bowl" Type of event where San Diego hosts team's that are coming to an event that Supports the Military.... San Diego is content with their Local High School Football Scene....

It is a great Scene down there, with a history of great players Like JR. Seau, Marcus Allen and how about a Helix team that had Alex Smith and Reggie Bush on the same team!!!... Their might not be the Sexy Teams, but on Friday nights, there is some very good football being played down in that great city!... :) 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pops said:

Did I write MD? No...

chill out...

Lad was a great coach and a better recuiter. In the 90’s he recuited much better players then Rollo...those were great all star teams Lad had...with several out of area kids that went on to play in the NFL. MD’s teams in the 90’s only had local catholic schools Kids on them. Lad and Rollo are good friends so it makes sense that Rollo would take what Lad did in the Bay Area and improve it. 

Sadly this isnt the 90’s anymore and other teams in NorCal have prevented DLS from pulling in all the 5️ Kids in the area. Really sucks since those recruited up DLS All-NorCal teams were unstoppable. Hopefully DLS can put Lad back on the recuiting trail for next year. 

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Narboone lost by 3 three to Cathedral...NARBONNE....you know who got running clocked by St.Louis and slapped around by Centennial I see your daisy chain and raise you a regional playoff game 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Pops said:

Also I head a story in on a podcast that DLS was heavily recuiting Evan to play DT for them last year but he decided to go to MD after seeing the 2017 Open Game. Infact Greg Biggins of 247 talked about how different the game would have been if #75 would have gone to the school he was supposed to go to, DLS, and not MD.

dont talk ish if you don’t know the whole story Pops

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Also I head a story in on a podcast that DLS was heavily recuiting Evan to play DT for them last year but he decided to go to MD after seeing the 2017 Open Game. Infact Greg Biggins of 247 talked about how different the game would have been if #75 would have gone to the school he was supposed to go to, DLS, and not MD.

dont talk ish if you don’t know the whole story Pops

Stop fighting. Back to hating on Folsom please. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Pops said:

i referenced common opponents — you started creating the sort of convoluted daisy chains that demonstrate that Troy can beat Alabama 

I’m the Fox News of this discussion — fair and balanced 

1. I Graduated from High School in the OC and went to College in Nor Cal Other then 5 years living in San Diego after College Graduation, I have lived in Nor Cal and Followed HSFB up here... 

2. Me Either, Folsom is a 4 Time Lower Division Bowl Winner Just like the Great Central Cathlioc out of Modesto that has 4 Lower Division Bowl Wins...

3. We have all seen how wrong Polls Can Be over the years... Polls can be swayed by running up the score against lesser opponents...  I would call them more of a TIER 4 Team based on their play on the field and their Schedule...

4. Corona Centennial is #4 and SS D1 Semifinalist who Beat the #1 AZ 6A Champ 35-13... The AZ 6A Champ scored 60+ 5 times after that and won their state title game 65-28... How would you justify ranking Folsom ahead of CC?

5. Chaminade is your common opponent? when did JSerra Play Chaminade? Or is your "Daisy Chain" No Better the Mine...

Your Loyalty is admirable, but your logic is flawed... Folsom has done nothing on the field that would suggest they can beat JSerra other then run up the score on a bunch of Lower Division opponents...

If you want to be Fair to a Recruited Up team that Run's up the score on Lower Division teams and rub's kids faces in their losses,  go right ahead... I will agree with you 100% that my Opinion while is Certainly Fair,  it is Far from balanced.... :) 

• Like 1